Bellazon

Pirates of the Caribbean 2

LaffyTaffy

eh for some reason I just wanted it to end, I liked it, I was entertained but something for me was missing, I don't know what but maybe it will be answered in the last one everything seemed so repeatitive, I mean it was jack looking for the key, turner jack, lizzy turner, with some stuff rolling in between I guess i was expecting more, o well it was worth the visit I enjoyed the Kracken though they totally stole some of the idea for the monster in Deep Rising Depp was 100 percent, Kiera 70%, Orlando low 50% . Davy Jones was cool ...eh im done

eh for some reason I just wanted it to end, I liked it, I was entertained but something for me was missing, I don't know what but maybe it will be answered in the last one everything seemed so repeatitive, I mean it was jack looking for the key, turner jack, lizzy turner, with some stuff rolling in between I guess i was expecting more, o well it was worth the visit I enjoyed the Kracken though they totally stole some of the idea for the monster in Deep Rising Depp was 100 percent, Kiera 70%, Orlando low 50% . Davy Jones was cool ...eh im done

Though I've never seen Deep Rising..the whole idea for the Kracken has been around since the time of real pirates, correct? And I went to see the movie a second time..and my only complaint was the lack of Jack/Will comraderie..I missed that. Though for points in the first one Jack used Will, that's all he did this second time around. Hope the third focuses less on the love triangle with Keira and more on the guys :whistle: That is if Jack(when he's you know, not dead anymore) and Will make up, but I sure hope they do.

The ending was stinky! I wanted Will/Elizabeth to resolve their problems. *urghh* Then again.. I always tend to find romantic issues in every movie and I want them solved to be happily ever after. >=[ Now I gotta wait til the 3rd one. LoL.. Oh well, I don't mind. =]

Fantastic sig/av I must say, Neo..But what scene is that gif from? I must be going crazy, cause I dont remember it. :blink:

The scene in Tortuga, after the massive pub fight when Liz confronts Depp and Depp says something about "it should be a dress or nothing. I happen to have no dress..."

:ninja:

Fantastic sig/av I must say, Neo..But what scene is that gif from? I must be going crazy, cause I dont remember it. :blink:

The scene in Tortuga, after the massive pub fight when Liz confronts Depp and Depp says something about "it should be a dress or nothing. I happen to have no dress..."

:ninja:

I noticed that after seeing it a second time. I think I went "Oh!" out loud when I realized it, too. Thanks!

Today at the 2006 Comic-Con International we had a chance to sit down with John Knoll, the visual effects supervisor behind this years biggest film Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. During our discussion he offered a lot of information about the hotly anticipated Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End.

"All of the things we could not do in Pirates 2, we are gonna do in Pirates 3. There were not a lot of ship to ship battles in the second film and we are gonna change that."

He went on to say that "Characters in Daveys crew... some of the guys who were not featured will be getting some close-ups." It also appears that now that they have done Davey Jones once, making him in this movie is going to be a lot easier. "We do not have to figure out the process anymore. Animating and lighting him... is no longer a time consuming process."

Knoll was then asked if Davey Jones could be improved. "I think we did a pretty good job."

Knoll said that that he looks at Pirates 3 as an opportunity. "Since these characters are in 3D, animated all the way through, we thought we could better the performance to something close to motion capture quality. The goal was to make it easier."

How about there being new characters in the third installment?

"I cannot say antyhing specific. The same imagination from the other films is still present." It had long been thought that mermaids might make an appearance in the new film. "No," Knoll laughed. "You will have to talk to the writers about that."

Knoll finished up talking about when we might see a trailer for Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End.

"You will probably see a teaser trailer closer to Thanksgiving and then a story oriented trailer in earlier Spring." Knoll offered.

• 1 month later...

Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest should join Titanic and The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King today as the only movies ever released to top $1 billion in worldwide grosses, according to Variety.

The "Pirates" sequel has been out of the domestic top 10 for the past two weekends, but still managed to bring in $4.9 million during the Labor Day weekend to lift the North American box-office gross past $414 million -- the sixth-highest on the all-time list.

It is mainly recent foreign biz that's pushed "Dead Man's Chest" over the 10-figure mark. The film has remained dominant internationally with a nine-weekend winning streak and, as of Tuesday, had totaled around $583 million outside of the U.S.

There's no chance for "Dead Man's Chest" to catch Titanic, which stands at $1.83 billion, and it would need another $130 million to overtake "The Return of the King" at $1.13 billion.

i wonder what the 3rd one will be like... comes out next may :drool:

is the 3rd the last or are there more? :huh:

it is "at world's end" so i thought it was the last bit

but the actors seem to say otherwise... :idk:

but i think if it continued after the 3rd one it would get too repetitive and people would get bored of it. (well except me because i am insanely in love with pirates. :ninja: )

Pirates Breaks $1 Billion Barrier

Depp, Knightley and Orlando join the billion dollar club.

Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest has become only the third film to break through the $1 billion international box office barrier.

The swashbuckling sequel - which stars Johnny Depp, Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom - now only trails Titanic and The Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King in the history books.

James Cameron's Titanic made $1.8 billion following its release in 1997, while the concluding part of Peter Jackson's trilogy earned $1.1 billion.