Bellazon

Lorena Rae
Thumbnail

43 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

She's doing dress fittings according to her IG story- I'm going to assume she'll be at Cannes again this year. 

There's some influencer award show tomorrow in Munich, Her name is mentioned in the press release for it. She might be getting fitted for that. 

Edit: the press release mentioned she's confirmed to attend. 

"In addition to the most important social media personalities of the year, around 1,500 guests, including numerous VIPs, are expected to attend the ABOUT YOU Awards in the Munich Bavaria Studios. The first prominent guests are u.a. already supermodel Karolina Kurkova, Bill and Tom Kaulitz, actress Janin Ullman and Victoria's Secret Angel Lorena Rae confirmed."

I got a question for people more knowledgable about the modeling or fashion industry. Is Lorena accomplished or experienced enough to be a VS Angel? Or does that type of thing even matter anymore?

Not that being an angel means that much these days, but I was under the impression Lorena only really burst on the scene early last year and doesn't have tons of work under her belt.

15 hours ago, 3500 said:

I got a question for people more knowledgable about the modeling or fashion industry. Is Lorena accomplished or experienced enough to be a VS Angel? Or does that type of thing even matter anymore?

Not that being an angel means that much these days, but I was under the impression Lorena only really burst on the scene early last year and doesn't have tons of work under her belt.

I have only been a fan of VS for 6 years now, but from what I've read (I've read through almost the whole VS thread on here in the 6 years I've been a fan) it seems like experience doesn't really matter  as much as it USED to matter. 

In my personal opinion, Lorena needs to shoot more with VS and walk another show or 2. Romee Strijd became an Angel after walking like 1 or 2 shows and barely shooting for VS, and  I think the same with Kate Griogrieva.... VS seems to just pick whoever they like and see how it goes. 

Personally, I think to become an Angel, the model needs to shoot with the brand for a while, walk a few shows, and have other modeling experience. VS used to go for models who had HF backgrounds (Erin, Lindsey, Doutzen for example), but now that doesn't seem as important.  I agree with you that Lorena doesn't have much modeling experience but then again she has 190 pages on here, so she must have been doing a lot of modeling somewhere. I am going to start going through her thread soon. 

I think Lorena is gorgeous and I love how she is always smiling and I think in a few years she should definitely become an Angel. I think she should work with VS until then and slowly earn her wings. I woud love to see Martha, Stella, Sara, and Lais leave VS and Lorena replace one of them. 

I doubt my answer helps you because I'm giving you MY opinion, not what VS does but I don't know why VS does what they do. They confuse me. 

I just really liked your question and I've been thinking it myself. Hope you don't mind that I answered from a personal standpoint. 

15 hours ago, 3500 said:

(I don't understand VS or the fashion industry, but the angels are just marketing)

The angels are primarily a marketing tool for VS, used to promote the brand and most importantly sell products.

So I can't imagine VS's marketing team really care about how good a models walk is, there more interested in how much influence a model has which has completely change with the rise of social media. Sure, in the golden era models had to get tonnes of work to be known world wide. But with social media thats changed, Lorena has 1.6 million followers, that's attractive enough to a marketing team to consider her as an angel.

I imagine VS is watching very closely on how well her image is currently performing for the brand. And will make their decision based off that in the near future. 

5 hours ago, Kane said:

(I don't understand VS or the fashion industry, but the angels are just marketing)

The angels are primarily a marketing tool for VS, used to promote the brand and most importantly sell products.

So I can't imagine VS's marketing team really care about how good a models walk is, there more interested in how much influence a model has which has completely change with the rise of social media. Sure, in the golden era models had to get tonnes of work to be known world wide. But with social media thats changed, Lorena has 1.6 million followers, that's attractive enough to a marketing team to consider her as an angel.

I imagine VS is watching very closely on how well her image is currently performing for the brand. And will make their decision based off that in the near future. 

5 hours ago, bump said:

I have only been a fan of VS for 6 years now, but from what I've read (I've read through almost the whole VS thread on here in the 6 years I've been a fan) it seems like experience doesn't really matter  as much as it USED to matter. 

In my personal opinion, Lorena needs to shoot more with VS and walk another show or 2. Romee Strijd became an Angel after walking like 1 or 2 shows and barely shooting for VS, and  I think the same with Kate Griogrieva.... VS seems to just pick whoever they like and see how it goes. 

Personally, I think to become an Angel, the model needs to shoot with the brand for a while, walk a few shows, and have other modeling experience. VS used to go for models who had HF backgrounds (Erin, Lindsey, Doutzen for example), but now that doesn't seem as important.  I agree with you that Lorena doesn't have much modeling experience but then again she has 190 pages on here, so she must have been doing a lot of modeling somewhere. I am going to start going through her thread soon. 

I think Lorena is gorgeous and I love how she is always smiling and I think in a few years she should definitely become an Angel. I think she should work with VS until then and slowly earn her wings. I woud love to see Martha, Stella, Sara, and Lais leave VS and Lorena replace one of them. 

I doubt my answer helps you because I'm giving you MY opinion, not what VS does but I don't know why VS does what they do. They confuse me. 

I just really liked your question and I've been thinking it myself. Hope you don't mind that I answered from a personal standpoint. 

I TOTALLY agree with you guys and I’d like to add/reafirm some things. VS doesn’t seem to care about that whole lot of experience anymore or if a model has walked for them many times before (as it’s seen with his latest decisions on closing angel’s contracts and even casting) and they’ve been getting a lot of shit from fans because of it. However the modelling industry has changes as has the world itself, the rise of social media DOES do a big job on it, after all it’s good marketing and cheaper, it can reach loads and loads of people and not as expensive as a commercial on TV for example, so they tend to use that nowadays, (to me) that seems to be the main reason why Kendall keeps coming back, she never shot with them but she has lots followers and a big name even if her walk is trash (my opinion). I do think is possible that Lorena will become an angel soon wether she’s ready or not, they just don’t care about it anymore. Her name has been doing a lot of buzz lately and there seem to have a lot of people asking for her as an angel. I want to see her as an angel but I’d like to see it how they did back then, I would love for her to have started with Pink and worked her way up, but I don’t think that’ll be the case... And for what it seems VS LOVES her, like, they really do. I don’t know I’m happy for her, I just wish she would do more shows. Her walk for Calzedonia last year was better than for VS, and part of that is I think she was really nervous (since for as long as I follow her - four years or so - being an angel is something she really talked about). I think she can and will improve, I just don’t know if she’ll do that before being an angel. Btw she’s stronger in commercial, like pretty good actually, so if they use her for that it’d be sick. I know people in this thread LOVE sucking up to her sometimes but cmon our girl NEED more runway experience and she ain’t having it, sometimes I just wanna grab her shoulders and scream to her face WORK GIRL, WORK.