Bellazon

Lorena Rae
Thumbnail

2 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

Lo is going to Miami...Jasmine just posted that she’s going to Miami...VS was just shooting in Miami.... 👀 👀 👀

I just mentioned to someone else that Josephine is also currently in Miami shooting with the VS team 🤷‍♀️ I don't want to get my hopes up though 😔

I guess I'm the only person who doesn't want any model I like to do VS. I mean I do in the "I wish them luck in their chosen profession" sense, but definitely not in the gawking sense--every model I like who works for VS has done their worst work... for VS. Photoshopped, low-resolution, and all eventually shaped the same damn way--like VS melts them down and puts them in the same boring "Angel" mold.

It’s because VS can (or at least used to) mean amazing exposure for a model, and can be a stepping stone to better gigs. People here like to look down with disdain at VS lately, but they’re still a commercial powerhouse. Even looking at the NA’s- a lot of them had no HF careers, and after signing with VS, all had their runway careers really take off. Even Elsa, who was very solidly commercial, started doing a lot more editorials and runway after becoming an Angel. 

However, in this case specifically, Lorena has talked about VS being a huge career goal for her, so it’s exciting as a fan for her to be achieving this. 

If she’s there for VS, it’s potentially a campaign shoot. Bob Campbell is also in Miami, so I would guess Jen and Ed are also there. If they’re going to use her, I’m glad/hopeful it’s not the white wall hell that some girls can’t seem to escape.