Bellazon

Daniella Sarahyba
Thumbnail

• 1 month later...

Daniella and her wedding are in the cover of Brazilian's magazine IstoÉ Gente!

I'm posting the English version of it!

Daniella Sarahyba: The Dream Wedding

In a ceremony with sight to the see of Marina da Glória, top model ties the knot with businessman and polo player Wolff Klabin and leaves New York for Rio de Janeiro to give it all for the relationship

Daniella Sarahyba is getting married. The Brazilian top model, internationally famous for having one of the world's most perfect bodies, walks down the aisle at 8PM of September 6 with the polo player and businessman Wolff Klabin, 34, the heir to the Klabin Group, the biggest paper producer of Brazil. The ceremony for 900 guests will take place on Marina da Gloria, in Rio de Janeiro, in front of the sea.

"I've found the one", says Daniella of Wolff. The top went to New York for the final fitting of her wedding dress. All white and traditional, the gown left the hands of Italian designer Valentino, the same responsible for the dress of billionaire heiress Athina Onassis to Álvaro "Doda" Miranda. Datelli's owner César Abichequer and his wife will be one of the twenty couples of groomsmen and bridesmaids. "I think that yes, it'll be any bride's dream wedding, hers and mine", says Daniella's mother Mara Lúcia.

Performed by a judge, the ceremony won't be religious - Daniella is Catholic and Wolff, Jewish. Daniella's grandmother Adely and a rabbi friends with the groom wrote texts to be read on the altar. The event's organization was shared between wedding planner Thaís de Carvalho Dias and Wedding & Co, the same who recently did the weddings of Wanessa Camargo (Brazilian singer) and Sophia Alckmin (Brazilian's socialite). The dinner is of Demar, and the desserts, Isabella Suplicy and Paty Piva. On the dance floor, three DJ will keep the spirits up: Milton Chuquer, Felipe Venâncio and Henrique Secchi. The access to the party will be with a magnetic card delivered to every guest.

A traditional woman

To stay closer to her husband-to-be, Daniella, who since 2003 lives in New York, will trail a path different from the one considered natural for her successful model friends and return to Rio de Janeiro, where she was born 22 years ago. When making the decision, the model had to put her personal dreams and professional conquests in Big Apple side by side - and family wom.

"I'm a traditional woman. I want to be very happily married, have my husband who loves and respects me around, have my beautiful children", says Daniella, who however plans on waiting at least three years to get pregnant. "I value my family a lot, and so does Wolff. And I want to relive it, to give it to my children", Daniella goes on. At 10, she lost her father, lawyer Orlando Fernandes Neto, to leptospirosis.

New York

Hired by Gap and 24 Hour Fitness and star to Macy's and Stuart Weitzman's campaigns, the topmodel doesn't fear that her international career goes off by coming back to Brazil. "It's obvious that, since I'm at Rio, (the work pace) will slow down a bit. But I'll keep on having my work there, people already know me, they call me because they know who I am", says she, who, in Brazil, replaced Gisele Bundchen as C&A spokeswoman a year ago. Their contract go until March 2008. Despite not revealing costs, she says the deal brought more safety and comfort to her and her family. "Yes, it does give me safety, me and my family. I'm not alone, I have to think (on the relatives). My back is myself".

Daniella will keep the rented apartment in New York, on chic Manhattan Upper East Side. "I'll stay a week, ten days, and I'll come back. I'm young, I have plenty of time", says the model, who has been through two surgeries in the last two months. The first, in May, to cut out a knot on the thireodis. The second, in July, thanks to a appendix.

Dating for two and a half years, Daniella and Wolff became engaged during a dinner for 70 people on her aunt Lucia Beatriz's house, last November. "He gave a beautiful touching speech. Everyone teared up. He himself was crying", says Mara Lucia. A month before, in October, the polo player had already asked for her hand to her mother, brother and maternal grandfather - the latter two will share the task of walking the bride down the aisle: her brother will lead her in and her grandfather will give her to Wolff. "Daniella's a very family girl, she's always said she'd marry early. But I really didn't know it'd be so soon, they kinda got me in surprise", admits Mara Lucia. "I think they could date more. But it suddenly came that urge, they're attached to the hip. He's a darling".

At home

After the wedding, Daniella with put to work the housewife talents gotten during her passage through New York. Used to have her mother around, it was her first shot at living alone. "I loved to learn to work for it, to have my freedom, my space, let go of my mom. You grow up a lot when you move out and go through hard times all by yourself", she states, before listing her skills: "I'm telling you - Daniella Sarahyba is a wonderful housewife. I love to fit, organize, do the laundry... Hold on, I'm not exxagerating - not ironing the clothes. But I do my laundry myself, rather of putting it in the washing machine", she says. Her weakness, she doesn't hide, is the cooking. Mara Lucia confirms her daughter didn't get her love for cooking. "I love to cook. Daniella's even interested, but it doesn't matter. She's already said she'd rather order. She told Wolff: Honey, I'm sorry, don't ask me to cook, I'm not fit", she laughs.

You can go to www.terra.com.br/istoegente. It's the magazine's site :)

And Contigo! magazine also wrote a page about Daniella's wedding. Here's the translation.

Daniella Sarahyba: Almost at the altar

By the end of this week, the model Daniella Sarahyba, 23, comes back from New York with an extra weight on her luggage. She brings with her the wedding gown she'll wear on September 6, day of her marriage to business man Wolff Klabin, 34, on Marina da Glória, Rio. The gown was desgined by Italian designer Valentino, 75, who has dressed brides such as Jacqueline Kennedy, in 1968, and Athina Onassis, 22, in 2005. "I'll be a classic bride", Daniella said before flying to the United States. Since the groom is Jew, and Daniella, Catholic, there won't be a religious ceremony, only a blessing. The ceremonial will be from Thais Carvalho Dias, the food, from Demar Buffet, the sweets from Pati Piva and Isabella Suplicy and the bem-casados (a sweet commonly served on weddings here in Brazil, they are supposed to bring luck to the newlyweds), from Elvira Bem-Casados. Three DJs - Milton Chuquer, Felipe Venancio and Henrique Secchi - will hype the party. "It'll be a family party, but the family's big", said Daniella, who'll greet 900 guests and will have 20 couples of bridesmaids and groomsmen

Rio and Manhattan

Daniella and Wolff, heir to Brazil's biggest paper producer, are together since Christmas 2004, when they met on a common friend's party. The model was engaged to TV personality Marcio Garcia, 37. when she was only 14 (he was 28). After the wedding, Daniella moves back to Rio but will keep the Manhattan apartment, to keep working.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...