Bellazon

General Celebrity Gossip

katchitup

I'm down to the final 12 hours of the Dance of Dragons and completed approx. 183 hrs of audio over the past couple of months.  For the past 12 hrs or so the quality has declined to about the level of Feast for Crows (3.5 out of 5) and I find myself even getting bored from time to time and zoning out despite listening while I'm outside and not really distracted.  It's that irrelevant at times.

My hunch about GRRM (from watching House of the dragon) running short on ideas and constantly recycling concepts really manifested in books 4 and 5.  At least circa 2011 it is evident that he is stuck.  He's short on ideas and ways to move characters and the plot forward.  There is a lot of procrastination that manifests in various ways.  Entire chapters pass with only a small amount of forward momentum, it's like a chronicle of the character (an episode of a say a long -running TV show) rather than a tightly focused aspect of the plot.

Books  4 and 5 could have been reduced by a lot.  Maybe as much as 40-30% and it would read a lot better.

15 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

Geralt opens up:

Some of the feminist writers are claiming that "in reality, Henry didn't leave, we pushed him out because he was a gamer, a toxic masculinity champion, a sexist..." (and all the other BS that American moguls and their servants usually use to denigrate those who disagree. I'm surprised they didn't call him a "reeeecist").

Typical toxic feminism.

Hollywood has dominated by mediocrity for several years.

47 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

Some of the feminist writers are claiming that "in reality, Henry didn't leave, we pushed him out because he was a gamer, a toxic masculinity champion, a sexist..." (and all the other BS that American moguls and their servants usually use to denigrate those who disagree. I'm surprised they didn't call him a "reeeecist").

These reputation attacks are classic moves, that women can do while men can't.  Because if men do that they look like a bitch and it'll backfire on them lol.  Women have more flexibility in this area.  Where were these people when HC was actively working on the show?  They had to wait until he left to attack him.

The silver lining behind this drama is that maybe the show will fail after Season 4 and the rights will be sold to a better company & better director.  Then they will realize that they might as well make the Witcher 3 show as that's what most fans want anyway... one can dream :(

6 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

These reputation attacks are classic moves, that women can do while men can't.  Because if men do that they look like a bitch and it'll backfire on them lol.  Women have more flexibility in this area.  Where were these people when HC was actively working on the show?  They had to wait until he left to attack him.

True. I've heard multiple psychologists saying that innuendo and rumor spreading are the main form of female aggression (while male aggression is more physical).

Even in the times of "gender deconstruction", the stereotypes are very much applicable :laugh:

6 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

The silver lining behind this drama is that maybe the show will fail after Season 4 and the rights will be sold to a better company & better director.  Then they will realize that they might as well make the Witcher 3 show as that's what most fans want anyway... one can dream :(

I don't know... I used to be optimistic, but everything lies in the meaning of "in the long run, it'll be alright". If "the long run" is in 2 or 3 decades, then it's too late.

Hollywood is soaked in ideology. And when ideologues fail, they say it's because they needed more ideology. It's a headlong rush.

Just now, Enrico_sw said:

Hollywood is soaked in ideology. And when ideologues fail, they say it's because they needed more ideology. It's a headlong rush.

I guess the vicious circle can be broken, but I don't know how.

And since I know we (the consumers) have close to zero influence on this, I'm starting to lose interest in Hollywood.

18 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

I don't know... I used to be optimistic, but everything lies in the meaning of "in the long run, it'll be alright". If "the long run" is in 2 or 3 decades, then it's too late.

It seems to be this way (not just woke thing ruining the show/film but also in terms of business circumstances) for so many great franchises that are in development pause.

Fallout looks to be dead.

Metal Gear Solid, one of my top 5 favorite franchises has been dead since 2015.

Bioshock franchise is dead.

I am in the final hours of "A Song of Ice and Fire".  I am realizing that the author/showrunners were literally stuck in the early 2010s, and couldn't write their way into a worthy final act.

The Cavill thing is pretty classic and can be mirrored in how Ruby Rose left Batwoman.

She first remained silent. Then when she revealed it was because of the hectic schedule and also being pressured into returning to work shortly after seriously injuring her spine in a stunt that went wrong, the production quickly released counter-content in which she was portrayed as difficult and impossible to work with.

I think the stories about Cavill being sexist and not respecting the female staff on The Witcher has to be seen in the same light.

Until they released those stories, the only thing out there was the rumor that he had left because he was so tired of the bad writing. If you are the showrunner or a member of the writer's room, you do not want that idea out there. So their publicists and agents will have released dirt on Cavill to cover their clients' backsides.

^ Ruby Rose left a sinking ship. Her reputation wasn't attacked by the producers because she has female privilege and LGBT privilege ("check your privilege" as the woke ideologues would say :rolleyes: and she had some...!)

It's easier to attack a white man in the media with the usual garbage (sexist, gamergate, toxic, blablabla)... we know the drill. All of these concepts are communicational weapons to discredit someone.

Innuendo/reputation destruction, aka the most common form of female aggression.

BTW it's interesting that you mention Ruby Rose, because in the end, she was the one trying to destroy the reputation of her former boss and colleagues (all men), with the usual stuff (sexism, harassment, etc.)

https://leclaireur.fnac.com/article/39621-blessures-harcelement-sexuel-ruby-rose-revele-les-vraies-raisons-de-son-depart-de-batwoman/

Once again: reputation destruction is the main form of female aggression. Quod Erat Demonstrandum :Amelie_wft:

16 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

^ Ruby Rose left a sinking ship. Her reputation wasn't attacked by the producers because she has female privilege and LGBT privilege ("check your privilege" as the woke ideologues would say :rolleyes: and she had some...!)

It's easier to attack a white man in the media with the usual garbage (sexist, gamergate, toxic, blablabla)... we know the drill. All of these concepts are communicational weapons to discredit someone.

Innuendo/reputation destruction, aka the most common form of female aggression.

The producers definitely attacked her, she was accused of being unprofessional and impossible to work with. Even some of her fellow cast mates joined in.

1 hour ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

The producers definitely attacked her, she was accused of being unprofessional and impossible to work with. Even some of her fellow cast mates joined in.

She kind of looks like a drug addict.  Although the public explanation was that she had a rare disease (as always).

while reading the W3 script I found out that they cut out the 'King of Beggars".  He had a really interesting introduction with Triss and just vanishes.  This crime boss is hilarious, he taxes beggars and schemes on become the kingpin of Novigrad.  The next time the player hears of him is just an in black & white epilogue.

He's based on Vinnie Jones.  He may have even voice acted him.

Jck5KvT.jpeg