Bellazon

General Celebrity Gossip

katchitup

1 hour ago, Cult Icon said:

oh yeah, did you like him as Geralt?

I like the actor but I think he was rather miscast as Geralt.

I have mixed feelings, but I liked him a lot.

I can see he's a huge fan of the lore and Geralt. He's a very likeable actor and he always tries to respect both the fans and the lore. His act improved over time and his acting / demeanor is very good. I can see him as Geralt.

On the other hand, he's too muscular/buff for the role and even if he tries hard to mimic Geralt's voice in W3, he's not as good as Doug Couckle.

Geralt should be lean and muscular, like David Goggins:

david-goggins-stay-hard.gif

38 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

Wait... what? That's weird and this interview is very mysterious about the reasons why.

Was he pushed towards the exit or did he decide to stop playing the role by himself? :idk:

Well it depends on what you choose to believe (until he himself clears it up).

The two theories seem to be that either he doesn't have the time any more between Superman and James Bond (which is still a rumor).

Or he finally had enough of the writing direction the showrunner and her writer's room were taking the show in.

On that note, this was interesting:

https://netflixjunkie.com/netflix-news-writers-of-netflixs-the-witcher-mocked-the-source-material-producer-writer-beau-demayo-exposes-their-little-secret/

So apparently according to Beau DeMayo (who was a writer on season one of the show), several of the writers mocked the source material. Doesn't seem like an ideal situation for an adaptation.

46 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

I have mixed feelings, but I liked him a lot.

I can see he's a huge fan of the lore and Geralt. He's a very likeable actor and he always tries both the fans and the lore. His act improved over time and his acting / demeanor is very good. I can see him as Geralt.

On the other hand, he's too muscular/buff for the role and even if he tries hard to mimic Geralt's voice in W3, he's not as good as Doug Couckle.

Geralt should be lean and muscular, like David Goggins:

I like that Henry C. is a fan of the saga.  

I think Henry C. shouldn't have tried to copy Doug C's voice.  He should have just used his own.  Something about it is unnatural and throws me off.  Also, I just think his physical appearance is too extreme for Geralt in the books.   He looks like a Greek God.

In terms of acting and personality what comes to mind is Tom Cruise or Christian Bale in the Last Samurai/Batman begins.  Both are troubled young men with a death wish which what Geralt was in "The Last Wish".  My ideal book Geralt doesn't need to do Doug C's voice either.  

In terms of appearance, yes, he should be an athlete but wiry and not large.  He should be rugged in appearance and not a beauty queen like Henry C...

This is also very disappointing from Lauren Hissrich. Before the show had even started, she went on and on on social media about how much she loved and respected the source materials.

If Beau DeMaya is being truthful about the Witcher's writer's room, she allowed a culture where the writers would mock the books they were adapting. Even if she herself did not partake, that isn't really a conductive atmosphere to make a good adaptation. The absolute minimum you need is writers who love and respect the source. Even if they end up changing it, if they respect it they will at least change it in a way that does not diminish the spirit of the original stories.

1 hour ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

This is also very disappointing from Lauren Hissrich. Before the show had even started, she went on and on on social media about how much she loved and respected the source materials.

If Beau DeMaya is being truthful about the Witcher's writer's room, she allowed a culture where the writers would mock the books they were adapting. Even if she herself did not partake, that isn't really a conductive atmosphere to make a good adaptation. The absolute minimum you need is writers who love and respect the source. Even if they end up changing it, if they respect it they will at least change it in a way that does not diminish the spirit of the original stories.

Yes, this definitely happened.  I saw it unfold (I followed the witcher reddits quite often).  She routinely did this and even posted screenshots of text and so forth prior to Season 2.  

I heard about the writer's room, but I am more curious about what exactly were their objections to the Witcher games and books.  

On 10/4/2022 at 5:28 PM, La Parisienne said:

Following his recent divorce from American model Kenda Spears, the Prince maintains a home in Geneva with his two sons, Irfan, 6, and Sinan aged 5.

https://www.ibtimes.com/aga-khans-enduring-struggle-afghanistan-3411192

It's not just a gossip. ismail.net is an official site.

2 hours ago, La Parisienne said:

It's not just a gossip. ismail.net is an official site.

She was one of my favorite models when she was active, I think she is very beautiful.  If she didn't marry I think we would have gotten a lot more content in her thread.  I'm sure she's doing just fine now though.

7 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

She was one of my favorite models when she was active, I think she is very beautiful.  If she didn't marry I think we would have gotten a lot more content in her thread.  I'm sure she's doing just fine now though.

She's hot! Her eyes are beautiful.

11 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

If the two choices are Liam Hemsworth as The Witcher or cancelling the entire show, then please cancel this thing!

I'm thinking that it's just best to make a Witcher 3 show.  Forget about the books.  That's the version of the witcher that people are most familiar with anyway and want.

CDPR would have to sell the rights for their version of the Witcher, if it is possible.  

On 10/26/2022 at 10:25 AM, SympathysSilhouette said:

And I think San-San shippers might be right that Martin at least originally intended to have Sansa end up with Sandor Clegane. Apart from her dreams and the amount of times she thinks of him after she departs King's Landing (IIRC there is just one Sansa POV chapter in which Clegane isn't at least mentioned), there is also the vision of her dark-haired children (can't remember what book).

Whether or not he still intends to do that remains to be seen.

I just finished the battle of Blackwater bay, and there is some affectionate tension between Sansa and Sandor.  It is written' in a very opaque way, (I heard it once through audiobook and didn't know if it was more romantic or platonic).  I guess this is where it starts:

“I could keep you safe,” he rasped. “They’re all afraid of me. No one would hurt you again, or I’d kill them.” He yanked her closer, and for a moment she thought he meant to kiss her. He was too strong to fight. She closed her eyes, wanting it to be over, but nothing happened.

"after a moment the Hound took the blade from her throat, never speaking. Some instinct made her lift her hand and cup his cheek with her fingers.  When she crawled out of bed, long moments later, she was alone. She found his cloak on the floor, twisted up tight, the white wool stained by blood and fire. The sky outside was darker by then, with only a few pale green ghosts dancing against the stars. A chill wind was blowing, banging the shutters. Sansa was cold. She shook out the torn cloak and huddled beneath it on the floor, shivering.”"

tumblr_nab291ncrI1svrgxio1_500.jpg  There's even fanart of them having sex, very bizarre to me.

Did GRRM admit this in his interviews or is it a fan-theory?

I find that, having watched HOD Season 1, my appreciation for Dany's storyline becomes a lot greater.  I understand what all that hubbub about the Targayeans are, and why she is so attached to this heritage.

7 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

Was too old when the first one was published to have ever bothered. At that age I was already more into Stephen King.