Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Brandiexoxo

I've just watched the show and enjoyed it. For 40 minutes of entertainment, I was pleasantly entertained.  Overall the outfits were quite lovely, and definitely an improvement on last year,  and Pink wasn't as bad as I imagined, although Jac's OMG was even more horrible in motion.

Dullest section was Shipwrecked. Too many of the same looking girls, with similar boring poses (sway sway while holding the floaty bits of fabric) Wish Bregje had made the show as she'd have probably walked in that section. 

Erin bugged with her smirk. Watching her, immediately followed by Lindsay in BOP, it was like way to be passive-aggressive on a runway.  Grrrr, c'mon, just fake it, or pretend to try. 

I posted earlier about not understanding the appeal of  Barbara F, but after watching, she does have runway presence, and her body is amazing. Her face isn't necessarily something I'd want to look at all day, but yeah, I'm starting to get it :)

And I was one who was most surprised that Shanina wasn't casted, but honestly, I didn't really miss her. And as for those inevitable comparisons with Kelly (I'm guilty of that), I thought Kelly was beautiful and so striking, though didn't like the editing there with too much Cara. I too, would like to see Kelly in future shows. 

Preshow comments:

Is nobody going to talk about the time when Monica looked all surprised at Sara and was like "You've tried out for castings two more times?"

IDK Monica you tell me not like you watch castings :p

It was actually kind of awkward of Sara to bring that up in front of one of the people that cut her.  Also it kind of makes her look bad.  She didn't have to talk about the past.

I wonder why they cut Lindsay out??? :shifty:

Because her replacement Martha Hunt is there.  And Martha's makeup was way too much for the preshow.

Now Adriana's game show.  That... that was something else.  Watching that was like hearing nails on a chalkboard for me.  Keep those hands high!!!  Make yourself look like an idiot at all times, please!  Just like how the pros do it. (Y)

"OUR WINNER IS!.... eh, uhhh"   LMFAO

I'm new here, so hello people :). Back to the topic, I honestly think Snow Angels was the best segment among the rest. For some reason, seeing people applauding Adriana doesn't mean much to me now. I know Adriana is a killer but its a matter of time before she steps down as an angel and somehow the spotlight has to go to the newer angels, as evident by their recent focus on Candice and Behati since 2012, and Lily, Lindsay and Karlie on 2013. We kinda need new space for new talents, so I personally think the spotlight on Adriana and Alessandra toned down quite a bit. Doutzen was just.. meh in terms of spotlight.

I notice the runway walks got slower this year though, not sure if it was just me, but the walks seem to be getting slower as each year's show airs up. Wasn't really excited about the spotlight given to Cara Delevingne either. I was a bit surprised Erin Heatherton got left in the corner so badly this year, was it because she focused on her movie career this year? She made a cameo on Grown Ups 2 didn't she? It seems like her heart is no longer with VS. Even her walk is so dull. Went on to look for news regarding Erin's status as an angel on VS and found this.

http://www.businessinsider.com/angel-might-be-out-at-victorias-secret-2013-10

On the bright side, I was contented with Maryna's return for one segment. She was good, didn't know why she wasn't casted for 2012's show. And.. is it just me or do I notice very little love for the Asian models? Sui He and Ming Xi actually did very well for this year's show, even better than Liu Wen I'd say.

I do have to agree with you all that the camera are focusing way too much on the performers. But Sui He definitely got more camera time compared to her last two shows. And she definitely had a better walk compared to her 2012 performance. A friend of mine was also surprised to know that VS gave an Asian a slot in the final segment, anyone care to explain what's so surprising about it? Ming Xi did a better job than Shu Pei for PINK, Shu Pei doesn't have the PINK look imho. Did anyone saw Sui He's wink at the finale? Omg, if someone could be so kind to do a gif please :D!?

Does anyone know if there anywhere I can watch that pre-show segment? It sounds so awkward I just have to see!

I wanna see it to, Monika is sounded super bitchy :p

Here you go

http://vsallaccess.victoriassecret.com/fashionshow/preshow/?cm_mmc=twit-_-stores-_-status-_-PreShowOneHour_1211013

LOL okay I thought you all were talking about Monika Jagaciak being the mediator, thats why I was so shocked by all these comments :laugh:

But damn, Monica is terrible..the way she was describing Adrianas every runway apperance :rofl: Yeah not good :laugh: 

Also I had not seen much of Sara Sampaio speaking wise I had only ever paid alot of attention to her in photographs...but she was very well spoken, super adorable, also surprised she barely has an accent..

IDK why I normally like Martha, but found her cringworthy here :banghead: 

Oh super-awkward! It's funny to watch now, having seen the actual VSFS show, but imagine waiting for the show to air on tv and having to sit through this. Monica is a terrible host - she just doesn't seem at ease and almost seems abrasive and so everyone makes uncomfortable all round.

The game show section with Adriana making them raise their hands (ear level!) and all repeatedly hitting the buzzers was bizarre, but they were good sports about it (I thought Kelly hid a WTF look well!). Sara does look like Adriana's teenage sister. 

Interesting to hear how they specially made an extra outfit for Kelly just to have her in the show. She's really made an impression, but for good reason.

i'm the only who think that everything was perfect this year ??? excpet some pink outfits 

Me too! I kinda like pink too! I find the music very energetic and fun and the girls were so amazing that I even forgot how bad those outfits were!

exactly , i kinda like some outfit's , but another ones i just can't take it so much uglyness , some  pink girls must feel embaressed seeing another outfits , the only pink that i like was the elsa , sara and malaika 

CBS' latest airing of the "Victoria's Secret Fashion

Show" was down from last year's telecast among

young viewers, but still led Tuesday night in the

key demo, helping the network win in all key

measures. And remember that big bump "Marvel's Agents of

S.H.I.E.L.D." got two weeks ago when "NCIS" was

away? It didn't last long. With "NCIS" back on the

schedule, "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." plummeted to a

series low on Tuesday. Having "S.H.I.E.L.D." back

did, however, help give "The Goldbergs" and "Trophy Wife" a slight boost after last week's

declines. NBC's "Biggest Loser" and "The Voice" also

dropped with "NCIS" and "NCIS: Los Angeles"

back, but "Chicago Fire" benefited from the lack of

"CSI" and gained overall viewers. Finally, The CW discovered that the only thing that

draws a smaller audience than a new "IHeart Radio"

special is a repeat of a previously low-rated special. On to the numbers... Among adults 18-49, CBS averaged a 2.8 rating for

Tuesday night, topping the 2.4 rating for NBC in the

key demographic. ABC and FOX both did a 1.4 key

demo rating, while The CW had a 0.2 key demo

rating for the night. Overall, CBS averaged an estimated 14.42 million

viewers and a 9.0 rating/14 share for Tuesday

primetime. NBC was a distant second with 8.9

million viewers and a 5.6/9, still far ahead of the

5.09 million viewers and 3.1/5 for FOX. ABC's 2.8/4

and 4.4 million viewers came in fourth, while The CW averaged a 0.4/1 and 592,000 viewers for the

night. 8 p.m. - "NCIS" dominated the 8 p.m. hour for CBS with 18.84 million viewers and a 2.8 rating among

adults 18-49. NBC's "The Biggest Loser" was

second overall with 6.22 million viewers and a close

third with a 1.9 key demo rating. After rising over 9

million viewers and to a 2.5 key demo rating two

weeks ago, ABC's "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." sunk back to 5.92 million viewers and

a 2.0 key demo rating. FOX's telecast of the

American Country Awards averaged 5.39 million

viewers and a 1.5 key demo rating in fourth. The

CW drew 749,000 viewers and a 0.3 key demo

rating for an encore airing of the "IHeart Radio Album Release Party with Katy Perry." 9 p.m. - "NCIS: Los Angeles" won the 9 p.m. hour overall with 14.71 million viewers and finished

second with a 2.4 rating among adults 18-49. NBC's

"The Voice" was second with 11.21 million viewers

and won the hour with a 3.1 key demo rating. FOX's

American Country Awards broadcast averaged 4.78

million viewers for third and a 1.3 key demo rating for fourth. ABC was fourth overall and third in the

demo with "The Goldbergs" (4.85 million and a 1.7

key demo) and "Trophy Wife" (3.49 million and a

1.2 key demo). The CW's IHeart Radio encore with

Lady Gaga averaged only 435,000 viewers and did

a 0.2 key demo rating. 10 p.m. - CBS' "Victoria's Secret Fashion Show" averaged 9.71 million viewers and a 3.4 rating

among adults 18-49, down a hair in the demo from

last year, but up slightly in total viewers. NBC's

"Chicago Fire" was second with 9.27 million

viewers and a 2.2 key demo rating, way ahead of

the 3.11 million viewers and 0.9 key demo rating for ABC's "What Would You Do?"