Bellazon

I Love the 90s

Joe > Average

For some reason I think of a lot of those songs as being roughly 20 years old and others I think of as being 15 years old and others if someone had said 19, it wouldn't have been as surprising as 20 form some reason :ninja: . I like Pantera too, especially since everyone in the group was talented. Its probably the type of dark heavy metal that is more understandable to the average person. Some of that may be the fact that they seemed more like regular guys by comparison to some.

-

Hottest 90s Non-Musician Actors (From U.S. TV and Film)

post-17304-0-1445985962-43752_thumb.jpgth_sdfguntitled.jpgth_tomselleck.jpg

10. Johnny Depp

9. Kevin Sorbo

8. Tom Selleck

7. Denzel Washington

6. Brandon Lee

5. Brad Pitt

4. Trent from Daria

3. Jason Scott Lee

2. Trent from Daria

1. Jean Claude Van Dame

:)

Thanks for the info :yes: . I had heard of them and like their music, but just assumed they were good one hit wonders but never investigated. Alice in Chains is another band of a similar genre I like from that time. Like I said in another thread, its interesting to think that grunge was proclaimed to be the end of metal while metal is still around now by contrast. Actually, both Parntera and Metallica may have thrived all throughout grunge's reign come to think of it. Do you by any chance care for the progressive metal artists? I assume Dream Theatre and Tool were around back then unless it was the early 2000s instead. Well, Dream Theatre is probably still around.

You're welcome!

They were sort of "One hit wonders" but only because they released just one album, being a tribute to Andrew Wood. The band's (an album) name comes actually from the lyrics of a Mother Love Bone song (Man of Golden Words).

Oh I love Alice in Chains. They're my favorite Grunge band actually (though I've never been completely convinced on the use of the term "grunge" as for a musical genre). I love their dark and heavy sound. Actually, their debut album, Facelift, was labelled as "Alternative Metal" upon it's release. The grunge label began to be used on them only after Nirvana's huge success with Nevermind.

And in fact yes, both Pantera and Metallica survived the Grunge era. Pantera in specially good shape with their last two albums, each heavier than the previous one.

I do like Progressive Metal, though is more a recent interest for me and I haven't listened to much of it yet. But I specially like Tool. They started on the early 90s (Their EP Opiate was released on 1992). They are still around, but I'm still waiting for a new album. It's been 7 years since 10.000 Days.

I like Meshuggah a lot too.

And Dream Theater started in the late 80s actually. But I haven't listened much of them yet. They're on my list :laugh: .

They are still around, without Mike Portnoy though, who's in the band Adrenaline Mob now.

That Baywatch cast was the best.  Yasmine will always be the 2nd best after Pam.  I wish someone had told me that the girl from Charles in Charge, Nicole Eggert, was on that show.  I totally missed that.

I never watched Melrose Place or 90210.  Did anyone ever watch a show called Models Inc.?  I read about it online and it sounded insane.  I guess it was a spin-off of those shows.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Models_Inc

I remember the show Swan's Crossing, PinkCouture.  I was very young but I remember it being a tough loss.  Do you remember the show Fifteen?

YES!!! :woot: It wasn't as good Swan's Crossing but still alright. Ryan Reynolds has come a long way from being that dweeby little kid :hehe:

I never watched Melrose Place or 90210.  Did anyone ever watch a show called Models Inc.?  I read about it online and it sounded insane.  I guess it was a spin-off of those shows.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Models_Inc

I did! smily%20new%20one.gif It was an ok show. One of those shows that had a good & promising premise but the writing wasn't great :/ It was an overall entertaining show :yes:

I have never really gotten into Melrose Place. After the first 2 seasons I lost interest which is ironic b/c it got more dramatic each season :p 90120 was one of my favorite shows but like I said before it went downhill for me around the time they went to college (maybe their sophomore year).

^ It started to suck when they went to College?  Sounds like Saved By the Bell. Actually, I think I watched all those episode too.

There must be some rule that shows have to ratchet up the drama to keep the masses entertained.  Reminds me of a David E. Kelley show like Ally McBeal or Boston Public where things start off crazy and become more and more insane.  A show that he did in the 90's that I watched was Chicago Hope.  That show definitely had some wild moments.  I think I may have stopped watching after Peter MacNicol got shot. :cry2:

Yes, kinda like Save By The Bell except it got very trashy. Totally lost its charm :/ I think they wanted to be like Melrose Place since at the time it had a higher viewership than 90120.

Ally McBeal did become quite bizarre as it progressed :ermm: I love Boston Public. I was very upset when it got cancelled :( I am a Chi McBride fan smily%20new%20one.gif

Can I get a Weezer fan?  or should I just start posting an entire 90's retrospective myself? :laugh:

One of my all-time favorite songs :hehe: Thanks for posting it! Flower%20for%20you.gif

Here's some Weezer for you...