Bellazon

2014 SI Swimsuit

slowen

Yes, the final rookie should be Edita Vilkeviciute who we think was shot in Brasil. Edita has no social networks so it's been impossible to try to get more info about it.

However, we nailed 11 out of 12 so even if it isn't Edita SI can still suck it because we nailed it :rofl:

Yes, the final rookie should be Edita Vilkeviciute who we think was shot in Brasil. Edita has no social networks so it's been impossible to try to get more info about it.

However, we nailed 11 out of 12 so even if it isn't Edita SI can still suck it because we nailed it :rofl:

Weren't the pics that were thought to have showed Edita actually of Valerie?  Or are there different pictures of each?

Just curious since I see this posted above and some other times; what makes Lily a dud as an angel? I am sure you do not refer to the quality of her work. So it is likely recognition from the average John or Jane Doe. How many average people do you think know the names of most models? Do you think Candice is a house hold name? Doutzen? Vs does not promote the names of the models in their catalog. SI does, so they become house hold names. Vs models are more recognized by look. What do you determine angel success by? Is there something that tracks how much lingerie each has moved? That fans have access to? You can track the success of an SI cover girl by sales. Don't want to sound like a defensive fan boy. Probably failed at that. Just looking for facts.

well, it's true that someone can probably do that, but we certainly can't!  there's no publicly available sales data for the magazines, so we have no way of determining the relative success or failure of an issue.  occasionally you'll see press reports with anecdotal info, but that's not enough.  nevermind the issue of "sales" when several magazine readers will get it by subscription.  the website, tv special, and tablet/smartphone apps further complicate the notion of "sales".  if i buy the mag and pay for the app, is that one sale or two?  what if i just grab a torrent of the pictures and videos?  and so on...

just something to keep in mind a year from now when people say so and so's cover was awful and the sales were bad.  they're just making stuff up...

well, to be honest - i actually love the cover. and i don't understand all the hate towards Chrissy.  i think she looks beautiful on the cover!  i understand that some people are put off by her social media personality, but she's fabulous on this cover.  it IS a shame that they've photoshopped her arm into a kind of "Stretch Armstrong" situation.  

also - they definitely should have used the gold bikinis. 

why in the world do you think this was photoshopped?  i swear, you guys are a bit too quick to cry "photoshop!"

it's like the sneak peeks--people here saying those were photoshopped, with zero evidence.

well, to be honest - i actually love the cover. and i don't understand all the hate towards Chrissy.  i think she looks beautiful on the cover!  i understand that some people are put off by her social media personality, but she's fabulous on this cover.  it IS a shame that they've photoshopped her arm into a kind of "Stretch Armstrong" situation.  

why in the world do you think this was photoshopped?  i swear, you guys are a bit too quick to cry "photoshop!"

it's like the sneak peeks--people here saying those were photoshopped, with zero evidence.

I disagree, I think SI has become pretty flagrant with the photoshopping. That quick pic of Kate on the app cover didn't even look like her body, which is hilarious when we can all clearly see what she looks like in videos, candids, etc. And that's a GOOD example of photoshopping, sometimes they don't even make the girls look better at all, they usually just take unflattering angles and make them look like their skin is made out of orange putty. 

One of my favourite examples is this Vc5MX6s.jpg. Her knees look like they're made of polymer clay. Why?? Does SI not want us to think that Genevieve has HUMAN KNEES? It doesn't make her look "better," it just makes the pic look weird as hell.

Weren't the pics that were thought to have showed Edita actually of Valerie?  Or are there different pictures of each?

Different pictures. I'm not 100% sold on Edita yet but those pictures are def not Valerie.

We'll have to wait until Monday to find out who it is. I'm okay with the last girl not being Edita since 11/12 it's a great number and having at least one surprise wouldn't hurt lol

Honestly, how is Genevieve Morton a model?... I wasn't familiar with her before this thread, but I googled her and I cannot find one picture where she looks remotely attractive. Yeah she has big tits and curves, but don't you also have to have a somewhat attractive face to be a model? She just looks so..cheap, like a Playboy reject, not an SI model.

I was hoping for another kate cover as she's one of my all time faves but I'm happy for Nina. I've also been a big fan of Lilly for a little while now so that was a nice surprise. Chrissy is weird for me. I think her physical attractiveness warrants a cover. Her personality on the other hand is about as unattractive as it gets. I think she's intelligent but she belittles any person that doesn't share her political/world views. I've found I like her much better when I never hear her speak or read her quotes or tweets. And since I stopped following her on twitter a year ago I was on an upswing in terms of liking her. Then last night, I was inundated with reminders of why I find her so annoying

Personally, I don't care about Teigen one way or another, but it's funny to see how different communities can feel so polar opposite. On many of the other forums and sites I frequent, Chrissy is a huge favourite BECAUSE of her personality, her tweets, her snark, her references to pop culture, etc. However you feel about her, you gotta admit she's way quicker with the one-liners than most models...

Honestly, how is Genevieve Morton a model?... I wasn't familiar with her before this thread, but I googled her and I cannot find one picture where she looks remotely attractive. Yeah she has big tits and curves, but don't you also have to have a somewhat attractive face to be a model? She just looks so..cheap, like a Playboy reject, not an SI model.

tumblr_lya8vjypsK1r2rz91.gif

Hey dude, 5 time in a row Genevieve is SI model, '10 '11 '12' 13 '14 ... 1,2,3,4 and 5, not too much difficult for you ?

Start to come on her thread one time in your hummm... "life", before to insult her ... ;)  (Y)

Edited by PinkCouture
hotlinking

^ JJ3 is going to kill you now :rofl:

Oh yes ... PLZ PLZ PLZ ! Can i, can i ? :D

You're crazy, dude. Do you really need to insinuate "killing" someone because their opinion differs from yours? Yes, I'm well aware that Genevieve has done SI for 5 years. I was just questioning how she has been doing it for so long. Obviously she has something going for her if SI has used her 5 times. I just don't see it, but that's simply my opinion. Just because I dislike her, doesn't mean everyone else has to too. This is a professional (but fun too!) fashion forum, we don't have to pounce on each other for having different opinions. I apologize if my comment was out of line, but please respect my opinion.

^ JJ3 is going to kill you now :rofl:

Oh yes ... PLZ PLZ PLZ ! Can i, can i ? smily%20new%20one.gif

You're crazy, dude. Do you really need to insinuate "killing" someone because their opinion differs from yours? Yes, I'm well aware that Genevieve has done SI for 5 years. I was just questioning how she has been doing it for so long. Obviously she has something going for her if SI has used her 5 times. I just don't see it, but that's simply my opinion. Just because I dislike her, doesn't mean everyone else has to too. This is a professional (but fun too!) fashion forum, we don't have to pounce on each other for having different opinions. I apologize if my comment was out of line, but please respect my opinion.

tumblr_lya8vjypsK1r2rz91.gif

...Oh yes, i forgot,  [  smily%20new%20one.gif  =  smily%20new%20one.gif ] ... might be useful  :gocho:

Edited by PinkCouture
hotlinking

I disagree, I think SI has become pretty flagrant with the photoshopping. That quick pic of Kate on the app cover didn't even look like her body, which is hilarious when we can all clearly see what she looks like in videos, candids, etc. And that's a GOOD example of photoshopping, sometimes they don't even make the girls look better at all, they usually just take unflattering angles and make them look like their skin is made out of orange putty. 

One of my favourite examples is this Vc5MX6s.jpg. Her knees look like they're made of polymer clay. Why?? Does SI not want us to think that Genevieve has HUMAN KNEES? It doesn't make her look "better," it just makes the pic look weird as hell.

oh, don't misunderstand--i totally agree that SI photoshops the hell out of the girls.  the denipplefication is particularly frustrating.  and they'll airbrush the skin all day long.  but they're not doing dumb / weird photoshopping.  if someone here really thinks they elongated chrissy's arm on the cover, well, that makes no sense.  and people here think they photoshop the sneak peek pictures before posing them to instagram!!  uh, no.  why would they do that? 

i mean, people here on BZ really think that there's some SI photoshop wizard who is thinking OH MAN WHAT IF I STRETCH CHRISSY'S ARM SO IT'S TOUCHING NINA'S BUTT!?!?!  it's just stupid.  i mean, find a friend that is as thin as lily aldridge, put that person between you and a third person, then try to touch their butt.  it's not impossible.

earlier someone asked if Anne V had broken a record for most appearances without a cover.  indeed, she has!  in fact, she broke that record a year ago and is now just extending it. 

most appearances without a cover:

1. Anne V (10)

2. Jessica White (8, although she was an inset in 2005)

3. (tie) Ana Beatriz Barros, Julie Henderson, Jessica Gomes, and Stacey Williams (7)

7. (tie) Kim Alexis, Noemie Lenoir, Daniella Sarahyba, Molly Sims (6)

also, Anne V is one of the few "rookies of the year" to not (yet?) get a cover.  others include Melissa Haro, Esti Ginzburg, and Kate Bock.  all the other ROTY since 2005 have landed the cover.