Bellazon

What made you smile/laugh today?

frenchkiki

Developing... :o make%20it%20clap.gif:ddr:
Supreme Court Rules For Nationwide Marriage Equality
After avoiding answering the question in 2013, the justices ruled Friday that states can no longer ban same-sex marriage.

What We Know So Far

• The U.S. Supreme Court ruled in a 5-4 decision that states cannot ban same-sex marriage.
  • Justice Anthony Kennedy wrote the majority opinion, saying, “[T]he reasons marriage is fundamental under the Constitution apply with equal force to same-sex couples.”
  • Justices Roberts, Thomas, Scalia and Alito dissented.
  • “Today is a big step in our march toward equality. Gay and lesbian couples now have the right to marry, just like anyone else,” President Obama said in a tweet.

I'm so happy, I'm actually crying right now lol. My father in law and his man can finally get married! :wub2: :chicken: :heart:

Developing... :o make%20it%20clap.gif:ddr:

Supreme Court Rules For Nationwide Marriage Equality

After avoiding answering the question in 2013, the justices ruled Friday that states can no longer ban same-sex marriage.

What We Know So Far

• The U.S. Supreme Court ruled in a 5-4 decision that states cannot ban same-sex marriage.
  • Justice Anthony Kennedy wrote the majority opinion, saying, “[T]he reasons marriage is fundamental under the Constitution apply with equal force to same-sex couples.”
  • Justices Roberts, Thomas, Scalia and Alito dissented.
  • “Today is a big step in our march toward equality. Gay and lesbian couples now have the right to marry, just like anyone else,” President Obama said in a tweet.

I'm so happy, I'm actually crying right now lol. My father in law and his man can finally get married! :wub2: :chicken: :heart:

That was fantastic news this week.  What was sad for me though, is that my brother in law passed away two months ago.  He had married my brother 4 years ago in DC, and the state where they live honors same sex marriages, so that was good.

I can see Jack though, smiling sweetly next to my brother in spirit with his arm around him celebrating as he would have if Jack was really here.

My brother posted this beautiful sentiment over the weekend about what the pastor said to them during the ceremony. "This is not a gay marriage. This is not a same sex marriage. It is a marriage, and it should be treated as such."

I paraphrase, but that's the spirit of it.  So I was smiling and happy though it was very bittersweet for my brother and for that, my heart ached.

They would have been married four years on June 24th, 2 days before the landmark ruling.

Pretty, I'm happy for your father in law too.  Congrats to him.