Bellazon

Athiests vs. Agnostics vs. Theist

AnaBBarrosFan

There's no way the universe created itself. All the theories are epic bullshit.

Science son: Lemme break this down for ya

We . . . Created . . . Matter . . . From . . . Nothing.

i.e. We . . . Created . . . a . . . Mini . . . Big . . . Bang

No God involved. Just Science.

God wasn't needed to created something from nothing.

Science: 1

God: 0

Who created all of that? How did everything start? From the beginning. fvuvix.jpg

So basically, it all came from nothingness? And then those things that came out of that same nothingness somehow had the power (which also came out of the blue) to come together and create what we live in now? ::laugh: No thanks

All these theories :laugh: I'm sure someone else is coming up soon with his/her own and so it will continue. But if it's good enough for some people, why not?

I'm not trying to insult anyone so I'm sorry if it seems like that's what I'm doing

I was trying to find a clip of a comedian talking why Heaven isn't for everybody, specifically dealing with Muslim women. Can't find it, but I'll explain it as best as I can remember it. He said in the Muslim world, they tell their daughters "Be a good little girl. You will never how to read, write or drive, and when you go to heaven you will be a sex slave to a terrorist". :( :ermm: Maybe never learning how to read or write is a cultural thing, but many Islamic countries tend to treat their women badly. :/ Now my family has a Muslim background, but it was out of the Civil Rights movement, and my Grandfather converted when Malcolm X followed suit.

Me? I'm a Agnostic Athiest I suppose. I celebrate Christmas, but only out of tradition. I don't go to Christmas mass or anything like that. Not that I necessarily have anything against religion. Malcolm X who I formentioned, Martin Luther King, Mother Teresa, Mahatma Gandhi, any mother others were in some way, shape, or form associated with religion, and they did many great things. However, as we know, the Bible, included some gospels in, and some were left out. That may be true with other religious texts as well. Muslims honor Jesus as a prophet, not as the Son of God. They don't even think that Jesus was ever crucified. The Hindus follow the Vedas, have a caste system, and many Gods. The Mormons didn't allow black people equal membership status till 1978. NUFF SAID!!!

There is no proof that there is a God, and vice versa. Through my life and seaching for the truth, I chose to become Agnostic, which is the middle for me. I'm not saying either side is right or wrong.

I believe in God, he is real. and this topic just make me sad to know that not everybody believes in Jesus.

the bible never said the world is ending on 12-21-12 that was the mayans. the world is going to end, we just don't know when is going to happen. is just going to be a big surprise.

I was trying to find a clip of a comedian talking why Heaven isn't for everybody, specifically dealing with Muslim women. Can't find it, but I'll explain it as best as I can remember it. He said in the Muslim world, they tell their daughters "Be a good little girl. You will never how to read, write or drive, and when you go to heaven you will be a sex slave to a terrorist". :( :ermm: Maybe never learning how to read or write is a cultural thing, but many Islamic countries tend to treat their women badly. :/ Now my family has a Muslim background, but it was out of the Civil Rights movement, and my Grandfather converted when Malcolm X followed suit.

Who created all of that? How did everything start? From the beginning.
fvuvix.jpg

I personally don't think religion itself is necessarily bad. However I do think the followers of certain religions can be overbearing and they often twist and misinterpret the doctrines. Some even create their own doctrines and claim it's part of the original :/

This for you and dreamss and Sympathys

I don't know who started Science vs Religion from the start, but that person is the biggest con of all time. Religion isn't against science. Far from it. They do indeed go hand-in-hand If you read the Bible (I mean the real one) and the Qur'an completely and understand what you've read, you'll find out that they already predicted some of the things happening in science and our society at large today. But of course people won't see that unless you slap them and shove it in their heads. Or you take them to God for an excursion.

Most of the memes I'm seeing here are of religious extremists. Christianity and Islam don't encourage anyone to abuse children, or start wars, or takes hostages or vengeance. They just don't. Those are the work of crazies gone astray.

People can mock religion all they want.

The thing I took issue with is the silly notion that humanity needed religion to start killing each other.

wXvxf.gif 6Yj2m.jpg

String Theory. Research it, learn it, love it.

Using string theory as a way to disprove the existence of a God is rather inadequate.

If you are at all familiar with the anthropic principle (specifically, the Strong Anthropic Principle), the number of anthropic coincidences required to create a universe where life can exist is so large that you could use it as some form of God proof.

Of course, you could also argue that this is simply more proof that there are an infinite amount of universes, only a small fraction of which sustain life as we know it.

But string theory in itself does little to disprove the existence of a supreme being.

fvuvix.jpg

I was trying to find a clip of a comedian talking why Heaven isn't for everybody, specifically dealing with Muslim women. Can't find it, but I'll explain it as best as I can remember it. He said in the Muslim world, they tell their daughters "Be a good little girl. You will never how to read, write or drive, and when you go to heaven you will be a sex slave to a terrorist". :( :ermm: Maybe never learning how to read or write is a cultural thing, but many Islamic countries tend to treat their women badly. :/

If you are at all familiar with the anthropic principle (specifically, the Strong Anthropic Principle), the number of anthropic coincidences required to create a universe where life can exist is so large that you could use it as some form of God proof.

Of course, you could also argue that this is simply more proof that there are an infinite amount of universes, only a small fraction of which sustain life as we know it.

But string theory in itself does little to disprove the existence of a supreme being.

I was trying to find a clip of a comedian talking why Heaven isn't for everybody, specifically dealing with Muslim women. Can't find it, but I'll explain it as best as I can remember it. He said in the Muslim world, they tell their daughters "Be a good little girl. You will never how to read, write or drive, and when you go to heaven you will be a sex slave to a terrorist". :( :ermm: Maybe never learning how to read or write is a cultural thing, but many Islamic countries tend to treat their women badly. :/

One of Africa's most powerful lawyer is a Muslim woman. I'm pretty sure she went to school. Pretty sure they didn't ask her and all the others to wait for their terrorit husbands

I'm saying this as some exposed to both Islam and Christianity, stop buying the bullshit they selling you and go do the research yourself. I'm generally speaking