Bellazon

Alexis Ren
Thumbnail

angelrnicole

7 hours ago, hottness said:

I give you that, but at least the runway girls faces are unique lol

That is just your opinion tho, for some people (including myself) Alexis has a beautiful face. I think 90% of runway models are tragic an flat out ugly and shouldn't be modeling, let alone setting up beauty standards, but that is just my opinion :idk: 

1 hour ago, Clauds said:

That is just your opinion tho, for some people (including myself) Alexis has a beautiful face. I think 90% of runway models are tragic an flat out ugly and shouldn't be modeling, let alone setting up beauty standards, but that is just my opinion :idk: 

Beautiful?? I think that word gets thrown around too much. If Alexis is beautiful, what is Adrianna? There are a few levels of attractiveness separating those two, wouldn't you agree? Furthermore, your comment about runway girls makes me think you just have poor taste. Look at models.com list of the girls walking at NYFW & you will see some of the most uniquely beautiful girls you can imagine. I understand that some are too edgy to be everyone's cup of tea, but 90% is an insane number to use...Alexis, on the other hand has the face of your average american teen. I get that social media has changed the modeling game, & congrats on her success, but let's be objective & call a spade a spade. I think a lot of people are (or were) caught up in the Alexis/Jay 'couple goals' thing & forgot what a real model looks like.

Just now, hottness said:

Beautiful?? I think that word gets thrown around too much. If Alexis is beautiful, what is Adrianna? There are a few levels of attractiveness separating those two, wouldn't you agree? Furthermore, your comment about runway girls makes me think you just have poor taste. Look at models.com list of the girls walking at NYFW & you will see some of the most uniquely beautiful girls you can imagine. I understand that some are too edgy to be everyone's cup of tea, but 90% is an insane number to use...Alexis, on the other hand has the face of your average american teen. I get that social media has changed the modeling game, & congrats on her success, but let's be objective & call a spade a spade. I think a lot of people are (or were) caught up in the Alexis/Jay 'couple goals' thing & forgot what a real model looks like.

Again, it's just your opinion. If you can't handle the fact that some people have different tastes and opinions maybe you are in the wrong place? Last time I checked we were all allowed to like or dislike different things. What you consider average may be beautiful/ugly to others and viceversa. If anything, you're just throwing your opinion out there as a fact and something "objective" when it's nothing else than just your opinion. I personally find most of HF trends from the last decade (alien look, androgyn, babyfaced, etc) to be completely horrid, but that doesn't mean it's a fact, it means I don't like it, nothing more, nothing less.

It's not about having poor taste, it's simply having different taste, which is completely fine, I don't give a fuckity fuck if you think Alexis is a goddess or the ugliest woman ever, but the fact that you say your opinion is "objective" and you try to push it as a fact is just absurd, just like the whole "real model" and "real women" arguments that are thrown out there way too much, as long a girl is represented by good agencies and she is booking jobs, they are real models. I hate this whole Insta-girls bullshit trend for the most part, but the sad reality is, in our days, they are real models wether we like it or not.

I am 1000% with Clauds. Alexis is beautiful, and has a face far more pretty than 90% of the runway models out there. If anything, the fact that she made her name through social is even harder, as you are out there and judged on every photo, every moment. I don't care if you don't agree, that's your opinion, but this is a blog for Alexis fans and we understand your opinion on it. Please let it go and move on, and stop filling the page of one of our most favorites with your repetitive comments.

1 hour ago, Clauds said:

Again, it's just your opinion. If you can't handle the fact that some people have different tastes and opinions maybe you are in the wrong place? Last time I checked we were all allowed to like or dislike different things. What you consider average may be beautiful/ugly to others and viceversa. If anything, you're just throwing your opinion out there as a fact and something "objective" when it's nothing else than just your opinion. I personally find most of HF trends from the last decade (alien look, androgyn, babyfaced, etc) to be completely horrid, but that doesn't mean it's a fact, it means I don't like it, nothing more, nothing less.

It's not about having poor taste, it's simply having different taste, which is completely fine, I don't give a fuckity fuck if you think Alexis is a goddess or the ugliest woman ever, but the fact that you say your opinion is "objective" and you try to push it as a fact is just absurd, just like the whole "real model" and "real women" arguments that are thrown out there way too much, as long a girl is represented by good agencies and she is booking jobs, they are real models. I hate this whole Insta-girls bullshit trend for the most part, but the sad reality is, in our days, they are real models wether we like it or not.

My thoughts on this are different than yours. I had a similar discussion regarding singing voices just the other day. I think that a person who is involved with fashion/modeling would consider it fact that Adriana Lima has a more beautiful face than Alexis Ren. If one were to say otherwise, I would consider them wrong. This is why modeling competitions exist, singing competitions, cooking etc. You find people who are experts in their field & you are able to make these determinations. That's why we can't all be models, because people in the know are making these decisions. I honestly can't understand how one could consider Alexis Ren beautiful when you have Barbara Palvin, Luma Grothe, Valentina Zelyaeva types out there. 

I will always have a hard time calling a 5'4 girl with breast implants who found an agency & is booking clients because she has 1M followers on IG a 'real model'. You're right, I can do nothing about it, but I'm going to fight dammit! lol

3 hours ago, hottness said:

I was not accusing Alexis of having implants. That was just an example of an IG model...I absolutely understand people having opinions. But you must understand that some people have poor taste. If you are of the opinion that Alexis Ren has a beautiful face, you would fall into that category. It has nothing to do with liking any particular look. It's as simple as her not having great features...I respect all of your opinions, but I strongly disagree. Sorry if I ruffled any feathers.

Taking headassery to a whole new level  :rofl:

7 hours ago, hottness said:

My thoughts on this are different than yours. I had a similar discussion regarding singing voices just the other day. I think that a person who is involved with fashion/modeling would consider it fact that Adriana Lima has a more beautiful face than Alexis Ren. If one were to say otherwise, I would consider them wrong. This is why modeling competitions exist, singing competitions, cooking etc. You find people who are experts in their field & you are able to make these determinations. That's why we can't all be models, because people in the know are making these decisions. I honestly can't understand how one could consider Alexis Ren beautiful when you have Barbara Palvin, Luma Grothe, Valentina Zelyaeva types out there. 

I will always have a hard time calling a 5'4 girl with breast implants who found an agency & is booking clients because she has 1M followers on IG a 'real model'. You're right, I can do nothing about it, but I'm going to fight dammit! lol

You keep bringing on stuff that is all 100% based on taste and not facts. Some people (myself included) think anything with chocolate or cheese is glorious, some people hate chocolate and cheese and will hate food with chocolate or cheese, no matter who cooks it, some people like their meat well cooked, I like my meat red and if you give me meat that is too cooked I will most likely lose my shit because I hate it with a passion. Some people think that Beyoncé is a great singer, some people think she is terrible, some people think Lana del Rey is a great artist, I think she couldn't be any lamer if she tried. There is literally no one who will please all crowds, because we all like and embrace different things. And fashion is the most subjective industry of them all, just because someone wrote in Vogue that Kanye's collection is cool it doesn't make his shitty clothes any better to me, but fashion "experts" still think he is a master mind, some experts think Carolina Herrera is boring and too safe, I think she is the definition of class and elegance, and just because you think Alexis is average doesn't mean she actually is, or that other people have poor taste, it only means people think different than you, I personally find her smile and eyes to be great features.

You are clearly new here, but some people think Adriana Lima and Barbara Palvin are not beautiful, while I find them to be beautiful. You find the girl in your avatar beautiful, I think she is tragic, there is not a single model who everyone finds beautiful, and most likely there will never be one, you just need to understand that your opinion is just that, an opinion, not a fact, regardless how hard you try to push it. While liking different models doesn't mean anyone has poor taste, trying to make your opinion pass a fact is poor taste.

19 hours ago, Clauds said:

18 hours ago, dcjam said:

I am 1000% with Clauds. Alexis is beautiful, and has a face far more pretty than 90% of the runway models out there.

17 hours ago, dcjam said:

[Luma Grothe? Prettier than Alexis Ren? SMH..

9 hours ago, Clauds said:

You find the girl in your avatar beautiful, I think she is tragic

These are examples of poor taste. But this is what I would expect from a thread for Alexis Ren fans who probably believe Rihanna is a better singer than Joan Sutherland, One Direction is a better band than Radiohead, Stephenie Meyer is a better writer than Tolstoy, & Taylor Swift is a better composer than Wagner because that is their opinion & all opinions are created equal smh

1 hour ago, hottness said:

These are examples of poor taste. But this is what I would expect from a thread for Alexis Ren fans who probably believe Rihanna is a better singer than Joan Sutherland, One Direction is a better band than Radiohead, Stephenie Meyer is a better writer than Tolstoy, & Taylor Swift is a better composer than Wagner because that is their opinion & all opinions are created equal smh

Now you are just assuming things which are not even true to begin with and being a brat because you are wrong and you know it. But hey you are probably like 15 so cool, whatever floats your boat. I'm not going to beat the dead horse:idk:

@RIP_Cabrini_Green just me or Alexis looks thinner these days? She attended some events in NYFW and said she has a lot coming soon, I wonder if she'll try doing different jobs now? If so, I hope it doesn't translate in losing a ton of weight :pinch:

4 hours ago, Clauds said:

@RIP_Cabrini_Green just me or Alexis looks thinner these days? She attended some events in NYFW and said she has a lot coming soon, I wonder if she'll try doing different jobs now? If so, I hope it doesn't translate in losing a ton of weight :pinch:

Yeah a handful of her recent shoots, she's really shrinked. She did that Vogue workout with Babs this past week, maybe she's getting bored of the bikinis and wants to give HF a shot? Idk though, something to keep an eye on.