1968 jacqueline bisset, bullitt

1970 ali macgraw, love story

1979 bo derek, 10

1986 kim basinger, 9 1/2 weeks

1992 sharon stone, basic instinct

1995 salma hayek, desperado

2000 monica bellucci, malena

updated and improved!

p.s. i decided to keep it as one big list, that way we can all discover new girls, either american, european, asian (we need some asian classic film beauties!), latin american, indian, famous, obscure, all of the above!

pps. the only monica bellucci movie i have seen is malena, she looked pretty damn gorgeous in that one, but if anyone thinks she is better represented in another film, let me know!

Edited by reticent

jean seberg is my all time favorite...her face was one of a kind and she managed to look great even with very short hair and without showing curves!most of the woman who are considered as legends liked to show themselves full frontal!

here's jean :heart: :wub:

post-2962-1146421290_thumb.jpg

post-2962-1146421332_thumb.jpg

post-2962-1146421352_thumb.jpg

post-2962-1146421428_thumb.jpg

post-2962-1146421525_thumb.jpg

britt ekland is my second favorite.full lips,nice eyes,well-shaped eyebrows.a real ''perfect face'' :)

post-2962-1146421612_thumb.jpg

post-2962-1146421875_thumb.jpg

post-2962-1146421919_thumb.jpg

ornella muti and jane birkin are my other favorites.Ornella is still the prettiest woman of her age i think.she was EVEN hotter than Monica :)

post-2962-1146422197_thumb.gif

post-2962-1146422264_thumb.jpg

jane;

post-2962-1146422289_thumb.jpg

post-2962-1146422309_thumb.jpg

Edited by tinky

jean, britt, ornella, and jane -- i love their pics! wow. the only one i had really heard of is jane birkin. can you recommend a top movie for each of these girls?

it seems like you are good with the european actresses...would you recommend romy schneider to add to this list? i was just watching "what's new pussycat" last night, romy is so adorable! i don't know if classically beautiful, but extremely cute and sexy. this is the only movie that i have seen of hers.

thanks for your contribution!

Edited by reticent

i think ornella made her best in a movie called ''Oscar''(1991).It was a Sylvester Stallone movie and I like her look best there.

jean's best:''a bout de souffle(breathless)''(1960) she's incredible in this movie.the movie is also great.if you watch it,you'll see why i call her the most beautiful woman ever :)

britt's best:''the man with the golden gun''(1974).Roger Moore is James Bond and Britt Ekland is Mary Goodnight.:)I also saw her pics from a movie called The Bobo(she looks even better than she was in James Bond movie)but i didn't see it.

oh,Romy Schneider! :) she's really beautiful but i haven't seen any of her movies yet :)

Ann Margaret and Sophia Loren . My favorite Ann Margaret movie is Bye Bye Birdie, but I think she looked her best in something like Viva Las Vegas.

I've never actually seen a Sophia Loren movie that she made when she was younger, but she was so striking!

Ooo! And Elizabeth Taylor in Cleopatra. Easily her best, most sensual, and most beautiful role.

Edited by Nine

thanks tinky and nine! these are great contributions.

wow jean seberg was in breathless, i really need to see that movie! great tip. i am immediately putting that #1 on my netflix list!

and elizabeth taylor was definitely an all-time beauty! thanks!

thanks everyone for your input! just to remind you all, we are putting together a list of specific film recommendations where we can see these women showcase their beauty! all suggestions are welcome. this is what we have so far:

CLASSIC FILM BEAUTIES

1939 vivien leigh, gone with the wind

1942 ingrid bergman, casablanca

1946 rita hayworth, gilda

1946 lauren bacall, the big sleep

1954 grace kelly, rear window

1956 brigitte bardot, and god created woman

1959 marilyn monroe, some like it hot

1961 audrey hepburn, breakfast at tiffany's

1962 ursula andress, dr. no

1967 katharine ross, the graduate

1968 jacqueline bisset, bullitt

1970 ali macgraw, love story

1979 bo derek, 10

1986 kim basinger, 9 1/2 weeks

1992 sharon stone, basic instinct

1995 salma hayek, desperado

2000 monica bellucci, malena

romyschneider19573gp.th.jpg romy10xc.th.jpg jbromyschneider014uo.th.jpg

Biography for

Romy Schneider

Birth name

Rosemarie Magdelena Albach-Retty

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mini biography

Born in the actors' family, she came to the movies very early starring in the very popular series 'Sissi'. Her mother, who supervised the daughter's career development, immediately approved Romy's participation in 'Christine', the remake of Max Ophuls' 'Liebelei', where Magda Schneider once starred herself. But during the filming of "Christine' young Schneider fell in love with her co-star Alain Delon and eventually moved with him to Paris. Since then she started a real international career collaborating with such famous directors as Luchino Visconti and Orson Welles. In 1964 Delon broke up with her, and being frustrated, she eventually married Harry Mayen. This was a doomed marriage and it rather quickly ended with the divorce. Later she married Daniel Biasini who either was no match for Alain Delon. Being unsatisfied with her personal life, she turned to alcohol and drugs, but her cinematic career remained intact. In 1976 she received Cesar as Best Actress for "L'important c'est d'aimer' and in 1979 she got the same award for "L'histoire simple'. The sudden death of her son, who was impaled on a fence, was a hard blow to her and she never managed to recover from this loss. Romy Schneider died on May 29, 1982. Some sources said it was a heart attack, some considered it a suicide with an overdose of sleep pills.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002769/

If I would have to name a movie it would be La Piscine, were she co-starred with Alain Delon, she looks awesome in that one.

thanks DutchChick, that is a great addition! that reminds me, have you seen purple noon (also with alain delon)? i really liked the girl in it, marie laforet.

Thanks! No have not seen that movie, rarely watch French movies. I never heard of Marie Laforet, so I googled her.

• 2 weeks later...

CLASSIC FILM BEAUTIES

1939 vivien leigh, gone with the wind

1942 ingrid bergman, casablanca

1946 rita hayworth, gilda

1946 lauren bacall, the big sleep

1954 grace kelly, rear window

1956 brigitte bardot, and god created woman

1959 marilyn monroe, some like it hot

1960 jean seberg, breathless

1961 audrey hepburn, breakfast at tiffany's

1962 ursula andress, dr. no