Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2012 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Clauds

Maybe Dorothea's walk has matured a little since then? I remember being very put off by her walk in 2009 but since I haven't seen her walk since then so I'm going to give her benefit of the doubt until December 4th. :)

Super excited that Bregje is walking again and it sounds like she has multiple outfits. I am so enamored with her at the moment. She is exquisite!

It's not only that, her card was one of the first ones in the board next to Constance, Joan, Lais & a lot of the girls who will be walking. If she doesn't walk I'll be like really really surprised.

Aw okies, I never saw the board pictures. Shanina tweeted this 2 hours ago:

Shanina@ShaninaMShaik

Been a long day. Going to the gym right now :) @VSFashionShow

I think that from the board we only got Miranda, Candice, Joan S, Constance, Palvin, Shanina & Jac Jagaciak. Didn't help that much it was better than nothing i guess.

I'm happy Shanina will be walking again, she & Toni were by far the best newcomers last year

Of the confirmed models who are you guys looking forward to seeing the most? (so far)

- Adriana Lima

- Alessandra Ambrosio

- Miranda Kerr

- Doutzen Kroes

- Candice Swanepoel

- Behati Prinsloo

- Erin Heatherton

- Lindsay Ellingson

- Lily Aldridge

- Elsa Hosk

- Jessica Hart

- Shanina Shaik

- Lais Ribeiro

- Joan Smalls

- Isabeli Fontana

- Jacqueline Jablonski

- Lily Donaldson

- Karlie Kloss

- Bregje Heinen

- Jourdan Dunn

- Sharam Diniz

- Hilary Rhoda

- Maude Welzen

- Dorothea Barth Jorgensen

Honestly, so far the only reason I'll be watching the show it's Adriana. I like some of the other girls too, but not enough to torture myself with Bieber & Dorothea =/

But I'm hoping to finally see Behati with a super sexy outfit as well as Elsa Hosk. Lais, Ale & Doutzen i like a lot too & I'm curious to see how Hilary does, she's one of those girls that a lot of people wanted to see every single year & now that she's finally got a chance to walk I'm curious to see if the wait was worth it.

What about her makes you think she doesn't belong in VS? I think her face is more than right for it, she's commercial. I don't really see what separates her from the majority of vs girls when it comes to her body? SI, I can understand. But vs not so much...

am I the only one that doesn't understand the shanina obsession?!

maryna better be back this year... I really want her to look the way she did in 2008/2009, so HOT. she looked better than some of the Angels.

What about her makes you think she doesn't belong in VS? I think her face is more than right for it, she's commercial. I don't really see what separates her from the majority of vs girls when it comes to her body? SI, I can understand. But vs not so much...

maryna better be back this year... I really want her to look the way she did in 2008/2009, so HOT. she looked better than some of the Angels.

I don't know, I'm just weird like that :nicole:

I wanted Nina to be in the show so bad, but she wasn't in NYC for the castings so my hopes for her are like 0 :(

I'm pretty excited to see:

- Adriana Lima (... because I love Barron's commentary)

- Alessandra Ambrosio (... :heart:)

- Miranda Kerr (... lately the energy level of a cat :rofl: Possible trainwreck? )

- Lindsay Ellingson (... :heart: )

- Lily Aldridge

- Elsa Hosk (... :heart: )

- Jessica Hart

- Shanina Shaik (... :heart: )

- Joan Smalls

- Jacqueline Jablonski (... grown on me a lot over the last year, and she's one of the few models who doesn't normally do "cute/hearts/waves/points" on the runway. WIN )

- Karlie Kloss (... more idol curiosity to see if she'll shimmy/duck face again, or if she's improved)

- Hilary Rhoda (... :heart: )

I wanted Nina to be in the show so bad, but she wasn't in NYC for the castings so my hopes for her are like 0 :(

I know what you mean about being weird like that. I use to think that, and I think if this was back when Heidi, Tyra, Adri, Ale, and KK were angels you might be right. There was more of a mold/fit (all those girls were amazing to be honest) but now I feel like VS isn't as defined about what they want in their angels. The girls are different, none of them are curvy but they're still different. So I think it's difficult to really dictate or be able to tell who 'belongs in VS'. I use to say that Karlie didn't... same reasoning, just because I thought that way lol but then after she did the show and I thought about it all... there really isn't a type anymore IMO

Ok well, MOST of them are different. Not counting the triplets (erin/lindsay/candice) :laugh: even though Erin has grown on me

I know what you mean about being weird like that. I use to think that, and I think if this was back when Heidi, Tyra, Adri, Ale, and KK were angels you might be right. There was more of a mold/fit (all those girls were amazing to be honest) but now I feel like VS isn't as defined about what they want in their angels. The girls are different, none of them are curvy but they're still different. So I think it's difficult to really dictate or be able to tell who 'belongs in VS'. I use to say that Karlie didn't... same reasoning, just because I thought that way lol but then after she did the show and I thought about it all... there really isn't a type anymore IMO

Ok well, MOST of them are different. Not counting the triplets (erin/lindsay/candice) :laugh: even though Erin has grown on me

I don't know, there's some models i just can't picture a certain job even i think they're beautiful. Natalia Vodianova is another example of a model i just can't ever imagine doing VS, just like i can't imagine Doutzen or Gisele doing SI

But yeah now i want to see Hilary standing next to Dorothea, i bet it looks weird as hell :laugh:

Hopefully soon we will get proper proof of Maryna, Anja, Izabel, Anne V, Constance etc. The girls who have walked a few shows.

I think it's time Julia and Caroline W are finished with the show. I always loved them but i'd rather the spots be for newer regulars. You never know with VS. I thought they wouldn't cast either of them last year and they both were used.

Wonder if Edita and Magdalena are possibilities?