Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2012 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Clauds

I think Adriana got plenty of coverage this year, with the commercial segment basically being about her. I'm tired of people whining about her getting shafted this year...she didn't. There is no reason to shove her in everyone's face, most people know who she is so why keep repeating the same old same old. She's not going anywhere for a few years, but people don't need to be told that on broadcast. She opened the show, they showed that, they went on and on about her superbowl commercial from '08 it was enough. Honestly, they had other things to talk about the fact they needed to bring up a almost 5 year commercial was a little ridiculous.

The fact there was no music outside of the Circus theme, that wasn't provided by the musical guests was just over the top and got old half-way through. I miss the re-mixes, and have since said goodbye to them but no music outside of the guests is just beyond stupid.

I'm not a fan of Candice, I think the segment right before the Fantasy Bra segment was just ill planned. VS is trying so hard to make Candice happen, and it's not really catching on. The girls who are the most famous, kind of caught on overnight...Adriana, Ale, Gisele, Heidi, and hell even Behati now with her H5-o appearance. But VS is going to keep trying until they find something better *cough Barbara* my guess is Candice is going to get pushed aside as they try and pimp out Barbara here in the next year or so, but we'll see. It's obvious Ale is on her way out, the fact they cut her from the Christmas commercials and the lack of coverage from Ale in the show, is another tall tell sign. I think Ale will be fine when she leaves VS, I think at this point all Adriana has is VS so I'm sure that's why she's holding on because somewhere she knows when she leaves after her contract (I think in 2 years) her career will most likely be done. Ale, keeps booking editorials and etc so we'll see.

The show overall was on the same level as 2009 IMO it wasn't any worse or any better...it honestly felt like a hot mess.

Mag, I tend to agree. The group I watched it with, liked it...it was women in lingerie! Outside of fashion forums and etc it generally was a hit with people. I think people here (me included) know VS could do better in comparison so that's why I personally get frustrated.

I couldn't agree more.

I think Candice is stunning and perfect for VS. But she isn't top spot material. I don't get why VS are trying. They have two amazing girls who still have some good years on them in Doutzen and Miranda. They're both already established within the industry and people generally love them. They can easily take over the top angels. I don't think Adriana is going anywhere yet. Candice just hasn't got that personality to carry being their #1. Heidi, Tyra, Adriana & Gisele all had that perfect mix of everything and that's why they worked at the top. I think the only one who really has that is Doutzen. VS are so stupid sometimes.

Candice is a really good VS angel but I just can't see her as the head angel she just doesn't have the personality, charisma, and leader ship vibe. I wish VS would make/prepare Doutzen into being the head angel instead. I think she could really do it she has improved so much over the years and this years show only proves it more.

Candice might need to make room for Barbara though. VS posted that video they did about her on facebook. It looks like they're not playing around. She's going to be a regular face. Good on her. And at least she's not blonde.
If they are willing to play second fiddle to L'Oréal.

Question: Why does there have to be a "Head Angel"? Can't the company just have models who work for them without some sort of hierarchy or secret agenda?

The "Head Angel" drama is starting to sound and awful lot like High School. :rofl:

First, you need to know something about them. The beautiful ones. The flawless four. Everyone wanted to be them. You know them. They went to your school too. They totally ruled. The one in green, that's Courtney Adriana. She was the leader. She was like Satan in heels. The blonde, Marcie Fox Miranda Kerr, a legend in her own little mind. Known to herself as Foxy Orlando's Main Squeeze. The one with the pigtails is Julie Candice, popular because of that face ...and because she was best friends with the one in the pink. That's Liz Purr Doutzen. She was special. Everybody loved Liz Doutzen...not just because she was beautiful and popular and rich and smart. She was all of those things, but more than anything....she was sweet. Courtney Adriana ruled with terror, but Liz Doutzen ruled with kindness. She was like the Princess Di of Reagan High ...and that pissed Courtney Adriana off!. Liz Purr Doutzen was just.... Well, she was perfect. I used to dream about what it would be like to be her...Elizabeth Purr Doutzen.

I prefer to see Doutzen as the head angel instead of Candice. I just think Doutzen is a better model in all way, she is more versatile, Candice gives the same expression and the same pose. I believe VS is wasting their time with Candice, when they can focus all their attention to somebody that is worth it someone like Doutzen, and she has been working with VS for a longer time she deserve to be the head angel. even Barbara that is almost 5 years younger than Candice is a better model than Candice. Candice only has a nice body and that is all.

Question: Why does there have to be a "Head Angel"? Can't the company just have models who work for them without some sort of hierarchy or secret agenda?

The "Head Angel" drama is starting to sound and awful lot like High School. :rofl:

First, you need to know something about them. The beautiful ones. The flawless four. Everyone wanted to be them. You know them. They went to your school too. They totally ruled. The one in green, that's Courtney Adriana. She was the leader. She was like Satan in heels. The blonde, Marcie Fox Miranda Kerr, a legend in her own little mind. Known to herself as Foxy Orlando's Main Squeeze. The one with the pigtails is Julie Candice, popular because of that face ...and because she was best friends with the one in the pink. That's Liz Purr Doutzen. She was special. Everybody loved Liz Doutzen...not just because she was beautiful and popular and rich and smart. She was all of those things, but more than anything....she was sweet. Courtney Adriana ruled with terror, but Liz Doutzen ruled with kindness. She was like the Princess Di of Reagan High ...and that pissed Courtney Adriana off!. Liz Purr Doutzen was just.... Well, she was perfect. I used to dream about what it would be like to be her...Elizabeth Purr Doutzen.

The "Head Angel" drama is starting to sound and awful lot like High School.

Circus

-Favorite outfits: Candice, Erin, Adriana and Alessandra

-Worst outfit: Joan

-Favorite wings: Erin!

Dangerous Liaisons

-Favorite outfits: Isabeli, Constance and Behati

-Worst outfit: Lily, not that bad but don't get it

-Favorite wings: Constance

Calendar Girls

-Favorite outfits: Lindsay, Barbara

-Worst outfit: Frida in May (maybe an army outfit would've been better but probably more offensive than november)

-Favorite wings: Barbara! who doesn't like christmas?

-extra: I was hoping this to be february:

post-27642-0-84990400-1354864272_thumb.j

Pink Ball

-Favorite outfits: Jacquelyn (just a little KK to me)

-Worst outfit: Maud

-Favorite wings: none

Silver Screen Angels:

-Favorite outfits: Miranda, Doutzen and Cameron

-Worst outfit: Sui He (Just remove the headpiece)

-Favorite wings: Magdalena

Angels in Bloom

-Favorite outfits: Shanina and Isabeli

-Worst outfit: Toni

-Favorite wings: Karlie and Ale

Some themes i'd love to see:

-Wedding

-Christmas

-Fairies

-All angels (like 2001 finale)

-Egypt

I'm in the minority who love the voice overs. They add something to the show. And without hearing the girls names it felt so flat without it. They only really did the voice over for the Angel line up, and a few other random bits like the Erin thing.

I think Adriana got plenty of coverage this year, with the commercial segment basically being about her. I'm tired of people whining about her getting shafted this year...she didn't. There is no reason to shove her in everyone's face, most people know who she is so why keep repeating the same old same old. She's not going anywhere for a few years, but people don't need to be told that on broadcast. She opened the show, they showed that, they went on and on about her superbowl commercial from '08 it was enough. Honestly, they had other things to talk about the fact they needed to bring up a almost 5 year commercial was a little ridiculous.

The fact there was no music outside of the Circus theme, that wasn't provided by the musical guests was just over the top and got old half-way through. I miss the re-mixes, and have since said goodbye to them but no music outside of the guests is just beyond stupid.

I'm not a fan of Candice, I think the segment right before the Fantasy Bra segment was just ill planned. VS is trying so hard to make Candice happen, and it's not really catching on. The girls who are the most famous, kind of caught on overnight...Adriana, Ale, Gisele, Heidi, and hell even Behati now with her H5-o appearance. But VS is going to keep trying until they find something better *cough Barbara* my guess is Candice is going to get pushed aside as they try and pimp out Barbara here in the next year or so, but we'll see. It's obvious Ale is on her way out, the fact they cut her from the Christmas commercials and the lack of coverage from Ale in the show, is another tall tell sign. I think Ale will be fine when she leaves VS, I think at this point all Adriana has is VS so I'm sure that's why she's holding on because somewhere she knows when she leaves after her contract (I think in 2 years) her career will most likely be done. Ale, keeps booking editorials and etc so we'll see.

The show overall was on the same level as 2009 IMO it wasn't any worse or any better...it honestly felt like a hot mess.

Mag, I tend to agree. The group I watched it with, liked it...it was women in lingerie! Outside of fashion forums and etc it generally was a hit with people. I think people here (me included) know VS could do better in comparison so that's why I personally get frustrated.

THIS!

I too think she had enough coverage. I didn't even bother posting in her thread because they are mad as shit down there.

The commercial segment was basically hers. And she did open the show. VS always makes it look like she's in still in charge no matter what little time they give her. I just love how they made the other models talk about her. And they obviously used the super bowl commercial because Adriana is known for landing them. They were milking on it. , Kinda like, she did a super bowl commercial for us first. In fact. the whole commercial segment was probably inspired by her super bowl commercial success.

I can't wait for her contract to expire and see her leave. The show has become a farce now.

Candice might need to make room for Barbara though. VS posted that video they did about her on facebook. It looks like they're not playing around. She's going to be a regular face. Good on her. And at least she's not blonde.