Bellazon

Cult Icon's Junkyard

Cult Icon

She is, yeah. She's the quintessential model for me, in may ways - as you've pointed out before, she's incredibly statuesque and I think she just oozes style, grace and elegance. Also, as agressive/"fierce" as she can project herself, there's something disarmingly warm about her, at least to me. She always comes across so charming in interviews too.. plus her French accent makes me melt :hehe:

I like her, and I agree that she's a great model. Physically, she's a little like Karlie Kloss. But it's her eyes and large bags that turn me off- I remember a woman describing to me at a party... details about another woman's eyes and eyeliner there. She described them as being those of 'dead fish'. I think of that whenever I see Alymeine.

What do you think of Malgosia Bela? I think she has scary eyes as well- a huge fold around her eyelids but the rest of her is marvelous, and she has a one-of a kind expressive face with broad range. She'd be in my top 10 list of models if not for her eyes.

I know where you're coming from, but it really doesn't bother me - I love her eyes in fact. I suspect you'd feel the same way about Catrinel Menghia too? Although she's a pretty different breed of model, but her eyes are not dissimilar. What about Ana Beatriz? I remember you mentioning her amongst your favourites, but she's got rather heavy eyes too, although they're not quite the same I suppose.

I'm not really that familiar with Malgosia - any you can share from the Junkyard? :)

Not sure she's really my type, but I respect her work from what I've seen of it.

Alymeine

Joe would be proud of that one :laugh:

I know where you're coming from, but it really doesn't bother me - I love her eyes in fact. I suspect you'd feel the same way about Catrinel Menghia too? Although she's a pretty different breed of model, but her eyes are not dissimilar. What about Ana Beatriz? I remember you mentioning her amongst your favourites, but she's got rather heavy eyes too, although they're not quite the same I suppose.

I'm not really that familiar with Malgosia - any you can share from the Junkyard? :)

Not sure she's really my type, but I respect her work from what I've seen of it.

Joe would be proud of that one :laugh:

I can't pronounce her name- thus I can't spell it, lol.

Ana Beatriz's eyes are not my favorite, but they don't intimidate me like Malgosia. Ana's eyes are over-large, but kind. I don't follow Catrinel, but yea, I find her eyes unsettling too. The eyes are a critical component (as Jennka's signature attests..)...if I don't find a woman's eyes to be attractive, then she is unlikely to be a top beauty in my book. So I only right-clicked one photo of Malgosia..I have no gallery of hers. If you look at her BZ thread, nearly all of her modeling is special and rather artistic. :)

Daria Werbowy, Mag and Eniko, and would have been up there as well... provided the fact that I found their eyes to be attractive and inviting. Theirs is of a different style than mine.. :Angel:

For me,Both are to considered to be of few real supermodels, but ofcourse after origin supermodels.

Mentioning Carmen ,don't you think that Malgosia looks like Carmen a bit,I dunno but maybe just lights and cameras in the above pics that make me think of this.

She looks a little like Carmen. I think that Edita also looks like Malgosia but she has completely different eyes.

I just ran across this photo of Flavia in my junkyard- A poster on BZ met her (IIRC at an airport, or something). It's somewhere on her thread. Here it is:

post-40981-0-92495600-1348378882_thumb.j

A very, very good looking person!

^

She has a smile that could make people like her without even knowing a single bit about her. :) Not only that, but she looks ravishing there without much, if any makeup.

Karolina and Carmen Kass' are a work-in-progress. The Junkyard survey collection is also WIP.

Meanwhile, I will serve an appetizer:

Random Contribution-23- 102 Junkyard Mix- Julia S. Frida G., Mini, Caroline, Maryna, Hana S., Petra, etc,etc.

http://postimage.org...ysexg/ed034048/

These are savings from my early days at BZ. There's a lot of Julia Stegner photos here since she was highly active back then. Her time has passed, but I still regard her as one of my very favorites. There's bound to be much more Julia in the Junkyard. A lot of Frida G. as well, and from 2010-ish. Hana S. is an underrated and underutilized model. Like Julia, she's not been around much either.

Mini Aden was before my time, but I saw her in 'The Mechanic' and she was just as beautiful now as she was back then. She's another model that kind of disappeared..

untitled.jpg

Q289912584263821_17.jpg

I loved this set: It was from a magazine article about Polish models. There's bound to be more from the junkyard.

^

Beautiful 23rd contribution,amazing indeed.

Julia's time has passed in BZ or generally?How old is she?

I remember seeing her doing lots of runway in just 2011 for 2012 seasons.

Btw,I can't see the last 2 pics of the post (not the contribution),but when I click they open and I can see them.

Thanks Mahi. Julia is well into her late 20s. She's been around as a top model for a solid decade or so. I think she hit her prime in terms of exposure and opportunities just a few years ago.

-------------

Anna V. wore this line of outfit better than the other top models at D squared. Apparently, she looks the most like a rocker chick :nicole:

Dsquared2 S/S 2013 Milan

post-40981-0-1446200435-74609_thumb.jpg

style.com

Dsquared2_Spring_2013_Backstage_F17_M9e_Oz_KPl.jpg

----

Note: I'm not going to post it here, but if you guys check out Karlie's latest editorial....You'd get the chance to see her entire ribcage! :wacko:

-----

Ah, and I just had an idea for a potential project- compile pictures from VS fashion shows 1998-2004. I haven't done this yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, yes, now that I'm reminded of this thread again, I wasn't sure if there was a Toni Garrn post on here?

For Dave/Contribution-24- 28 Photos Toni Garrn!

http://postimage.org...uepwq/3807d2fe/

Toni is a born model :) ^

You know, have you seen that recent photo of Lais with Frida G.? Frida G., Toni Garrn, and Karlie Kloss are around the same height in the photos that I've seen. So if Frida G. is 6'1'' and Lais is a few inches taller than her as it definitely appears....that's quite some stature.

Someone is to be blamed here,the thread started so well and has so interesting stuff,but!!

I put down my ground rules for this thread in the first couple of posts: I contribute based on my own discretion and the interest level of all participants. If there is nothing pending, I'm prone to not move. If there is, I move. If I make a lil' project for myself, I take note of it and do it when I want to. Nevertheless, I answer each and every request, you know.. :Angel:

Yes,I know you don't ignore, :)Glad that you seem not angry with what I said

And I respect and agree with your rules,just my rules differ in BZ especially,I often find inactivity in some places,so I ignore this and post what I like even if it's only me for bunch of pages.

How about Hilary Rhoda?Do you have any?she was my 1st crush in modeling world.

Also do you want us to participate with something special for a certain model?Ask and we shall give. :flower: