Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Never even knew there was gossip about him and Andreea Diaconu (surfaced about 2 months ago). Though this is from the Romanian press... Andreea is Romanian.. looks like a case of them trying hard to link their local girls to big stars. They did the same thing with Madelena Ghenea a couple years ago.

Anyways its a fact that Andreea is very close friends with his girlfriend.

http://www.ziuanews.ro/cancan/leonardo-dicaprio-indragostit-de-romanca-andreea-diaconu-105238

Just thinking back on the last ten years of Leo's career.... he's done extraordinary well. Either his movies make a ton of money, become critically praised, or his performance is praised... sometimes even all 3 in one movie. Maybe the only movie to miss the mark was Body of lies but still it didn't tank completely. All of his other films within the last 10 years had one of the things I mentioned above present. Within the last year he branched out and played an actual villain... and a supporting role too! He went from a very violent type film to a more romantic type (well sort of) / female friendly film in The Great Gatsby and now he's going to be in a movie which is considered a comedy (with dramatic elements). He's the master at picking great projects for himself and he's more versatile than ever!

And kind of changing the topic.... he doesn't say stupid/outlandish things to get attention. So refreshing to see his kind of celebrity in Hollywood.

and I'm happy to see him developing and growing in a non-typical Hollywood fashion.

:yes: It's hard to do but it looks like he's succeeded with staying true to himself and keeping his values as best intact as possible.

I would like to see that interviewer from Asylum interview him again... I don't even know if she still works with them. :idk:

Some may not have liked her, but I loved her laid back style and goofiness. :p That was one of my fav Leo interviews :hehe:

Just thinking back on the last ten years of Leo's career.... he's done extraordinary well. Either his movies make a ton of money, become critically praised, or his performance is praised... sometimes even all 3 in one movie. Maybe the only movie to miss the mark was Body of lies but still it didn't tank completely. All of his other films within the last 10 years had one of the things I mentioned above present. Within the last year he branched out and played an actual villain... and a supporting role too! He went from a very violent type film to a more romantic type (well sort of) / female friendly film in The Great Gatsby and now he's going to be in a movie which is considered a comedy (with dramatic elements). He's the master at picking great projects for himself and he's more versatile than ever!

And kind of changing the topic.... he doesn't say stupid/outlandish things to get attention. So refreshing to see his kind of celebrity in Hollywood.

:thumbsup:

Leonardo DiCaprio Stepbrother Not Missing

Leonardo DiCaprio‘s stepbrother is safe and sound — despite reports that he has gone missing.

The actor’s sibling, Adam Farrar, had been “untraceable for a month” since being released from a three-week stint in a Los Angeles prison, The Sun newspaper reported on Tuesday. He had been jailed for theft and breaking the rules of his probation from previous arrests.

However, a family source said the report is not true, telling RadarOnline.com: “He is not missing. Not at all. That is weird.”

DiCaprio, 39, was said to “worried sick” about the whereabouts of his brother, a former actor, according to the report.

But in reality, as Radar has learned, “Adam and Leonardo have had zero contact in recent years and do not get along. It’s a very bitter family feud.”

Farrar is the son of The Great Gatsby star’s stepmother Peggy, who married his father, George, when he was just one.

http://radaronline.c...er-not-missing/

For some reason I love this pic lol.http://www.imagebam.com/image/edc685294089047

Leo got nice balls. I like how he holds 'em. Sorry, I had to :rofl::ninja:
:rofl:

The DailyMail have retracted their previous report on Leo's step brother being missing, and have now replaced it with an article incorporating Radar Online's findings. :) However, they still believe that Leo and Adam attended those NBA games together when in reality they are confusing Alex with Adam. :cain:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2521194/Leonardo-DiCaprios-step-brother-missing-reports-suggested-untraceable-month.html

^Cute!

Mark Wahlberg Talks Basketball Feud With Leonardo DiCaprio: "I Was a Bit of a D--k"

Feuding heartthrobs? In the Dec. 20 issue of The Hollywood ReporterMark Wahlberg reveals that he used to have a feud with Leonardo DiCaprio. The 42-year-old actor, formerly known as Marky Mark, said he almost didn't get cast in 1995's The Basketball Diaries because DiCaprio wanted him off the court. Read about other weird celebrity feuds here.

"Leonardo [DiCaprio] was like, 'Over my dead f—--ing body. Marky Mark's not going to be in this f—--ing movie,'" he recalled.

Wahlberg admitted that he deserved that treatment. "Because we'd had a thing -- I didn't even realize it, [but] I was a bit of a d--k to him at a charity basketball game," he admitted. "So he was like, 'This f---ing a--hole is not going to be in this movie.'"

But Wahlberg managed to impress the Growing Pains star with his acting chops. "So I come in and I do the audition and I kind of look at him and he kind of looks at me," he recalled. "And then we do a scene, and they're like, 'Hmm, this f---ing dude's pretty good, right?' The next thing you know, boom, we're hanging out."

Wahlberg isn't the only star who has had beef with DiCaprio over a basketball game. In the December issue of EsquireGeorge Clooney recalled playing the game with the Wolf of Wall Street star and his allegedly loudmouthed posse of friends.

"The thing about playing Leo is you have all these guys talking s--t," Clooney, 52, said. "We get there, and there's this guy, Danny A I think his name is. Danny A is this club kid from New York. And he comes up to me and says, 'We played once at Chelsea Piers. I kicked your ass.'"

But it was the Gravity actor who ended up winning the game. "The discrepancy between their game and how they talked about their game made me think of how important it is to have someone in your life to tell you what's what," Clooney told the magazine. "I'm not sure if Leo has someone like that." (His rep later clarified the remark to Us: "The Leo comments made by George were all made in fun about basketball. Not about Leo's life.")

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/mark-wahlberg-talks-basketball-feud-with-leonardo-dicaprio-i-was-a-bit-of-a-d--k-20131312

He made comments about Mark/ casting back in 1995

"'The Basketball Diaries'" was the first time where I actually read a script and I didn't want to put it down. Then I met Scott Kalvert, the director, who hadn't done a movie before. He had done these Marky Mark videos. So that was a bit of a problem. I wanted to do this movie, but I didn't want it to turn out ot be some After School Special about drugs, which is what it could have turned out to be. But when I met Scott, he seemed like a cool guy. He didn't have all the Hollywood director shit going on. And he was willing to listen to my opinions. I'll tell you this story. We were looking for someone to play this kid Mickey, and Scott wanted to bring in Marky Mark. He'd worked with him and really liked him. And like any normal human being, I freaked out. Because I figured somebody who's a singer like that, which is not necessarily music I'm a fan of, was not right for the part. I told Scott no, we can't audition him. He said, 'I worked with Marky and you gotta stop thinking that he's gonna pull some macho thing with the film, he's not like that. When you get to know him he's a really cool guy.' And I said no, no, no, absolutely not. I don't care, there's plenty of cool people out there, just find one of them. But I finally thought about it and I said, 'Look, I know if I had done something [like] what Marky Mark did, and got a bad reputation like he does, I'd feel really bad if some young actor wrote me off just because he was in agood place in his career.' We had read so many kids for the character, but everyone just didn't get it. They were putting on this false toughness and this false street thing which just didn't work. And so I met Marky and as soon as I met him I wanted to find something wrong with him, because I had this fear of what other people were gonna think of him and what I'm gonna think of him, like he's gonna do something terrible in the movie. But as soon as he came in he was really cool and he said hello so matter-of-factly, and did the scene and I couldn't help but be charmed by what he did. He brought an element of reality to it, and he brought an element of being truly street, because that's what he is. And he was the best person for the role by far. But I still had this problem, I didn't want to admit it. And finally I got myself to say, 'Okay, he's the best person for the role, I can't see anyone doing it much better than him. He's Marky Mark, so what? We'll do it.' And I got a lot of shit from everyone about it, but you know what? He's great and they're all gonna have to admit they were wrong."

http://www.anlimara.com/articles/younglion.html