Bellazon

Du Juan
Thumbnail

OriginalSin

it's not a "we" thing, is it? is it the Europeans that decided that "oriental" was derogatory? I just would have thought that they'd want something a little more specific, not less... Russians, for example, seem a lot more Euro than Asian, ethnically.

it's not a "we" thing, is it? is it the Europeans that decided that "oriental" was derogatory? I just would have thought that they'd want something a little more specific, not less... Russians, for example, seem a lot more Euro than Asian, ethnically.

when i say european i include russians... let's say caucasion looks vs asian looks... but you're making a big deal out of nothing lol, really.

hmm i think rhett is trying to say that the term "asian" is kind of silly because it encompasses way too much, but when people hear the term they think of chinese, japanese, etc.

i really dont want this to turn into a discussion about race though even though it is an interesting one. please try to stay on topic :flower:

I dont like her face much but it's nice to see diversity on the runway. I just wish they would pick asian models that are considered pretty in Asia too and not only the really exotic types.

totally agree. on a sidenote, I also think "Asian" is a silly nomenclature, because Chinese look nothing like Uzbeks or Jordanians. that said, I like your half-Asian avatar girl!

I call the east asians 'asian' out of habit. :blush: