Bellazon

Luisa Hartema
Thumbnail

Sheila

Yes, I've seen that show package, and I was somehow not surprised to not find her there, only again dissapointed... But you simply can't send an undercover model to a fashion week. For some reason Luisa is kept secret by all her agencies, even the stylists / photographers agencies refuse to report any Luisa related jobs and Luisa herself also does not give ANY informations. Also, she is still not listed in any portal like FMD.

I don't know which agency is responsible for that kindergarden, I'm not even convinced that it is OE, it might also be Munich Models. It all started since she is with MM in Sept 2012.

I'm tired of that and will no longer search for her undercover jobs. :(

Again: :banghead:

Yes indeed it is sad that so less informations are given about her jobs and her carreer plans. Indeed she is not listed in FMD or at models.com. which is so easy there to have a look at their  work and on current jobs where the job lists are updated. Much easier. But I always honour here your work Mike and Comtrend and that of her other fans here, to find out her "undercover jobs". I love the last one for Grazia so much and it would be a pleasure to see this editorial in HQ.

Possilbe the agencies see her future more, as also some guys here mentioned here, in commerical jobs than in high fashion jobs or at international catwalk. Don´t know but I understand your frustration. But Escada is more than commercial but sadly it seems not to be the print campaign because Julia has it.

Also , where is she at moment? In Germany?

Not sure where she is atm, but I'm not understanding a strategy where she dosen't make use of her full potential as a model. I know it's possible to land good jobs by just doing photoshoots, but to me it seems easier for Luisa to take advantage of her height and her body proportions, instead of competing against every amazing face between 5.7" - 6.0"+.

So sad. I hate these moments, when nobody knows whats happening. I just can find one word for this: strange! For me it doesn't fit - one day, Luisa is very active with her FB and instagram, than again she is drifting in silence ("active on Fb this time is just posting the pics from Australia etc. - nothing actual). It doesn't make any sense, cause every other model does not have this mysterious thing. And I also don't believe that agencys (accept OE) do this with her for a good reason.

Also, sad: She didn't left OE - right? She is still in contract. I hoped for this not to happen.

Hello to all,

Maybe is her decision to stay in Germay, maybe she has tested the live in Australia, and she prefers to work in Europe near to her family. It is not what we all here expected for her, but is another possibility. And day after day, this idea is stronger for me.... (for me is not nomal that she expended only 2 months in Australia, and she is alredy 3 in Germany).

Do not know, all is strage, but her decisions are respectable...

Very nice Editorial! But each editorial shows, that she won't  become a High Fashion Model. I think she becomes "just" a Fashion Model, who can and is allowed to do everything ( Commercial, Fashion and High Fashion Jobs).

Actually this is really good for her, cause she will earn much more money than other High Fashion girls, who don't get the big campaigns and aren't allowed anymore to do commercial jobs.

I somewhat disagree Cutlers.

I get the feeling that Luisa is still legally bound by contract to Mr. Klum and she is forced to work in certain markets because of her association with OneEins.  That is probably why we have seen Luisa reach only a fraction of her real potential.  I cannot help but notice how most of Luisa's work is away from fashion capitals like NY, Milan, London, etc.  IMO, that cannot be a coincidence.  It would not surprise me if OneEins still has exclusive rights to Luisa in those markets, which is why you do not see Luisa at castings or getting exclusives from major designers in those cities.  IMG International could easily put Luisa on their show packages but something is stopping them from doing so and it is likely some obscure clause in Luisa's contract with OneEins and ProSieban.  From what I have seen, IMG has not even tried to promote Luisa in a fashion capital, which doesn't make sense given the international resume Luisa is building with them. 

Like a lot of Luisa fans, I had higher expectations for Luisa beyond being "just a fashion model" after she won GNTM.  I have been observing fashion for over ten years and I have seen models come and go and I feel that Luisa should be doing much better than this.  That is not just my instincts saying this, it also my experience in watching and writing about models being groomed and promoted in the industry over those period of years.  At the moment, I do consider Luisa to be a successful international model but something is keeping her from reaching her full potential.   Until those ties with GNTM are completely gone, we will never be able to truly assess Luisa's career.

Very nice Editorial! But each editorial shows, that she won't  become a High Fashion Model. I think she becomes "just" a Fashion Model, who can and is allowed to do everything ( Commercial, Fashion and High Fashion Jobs).

Actually this is really good for her, cause she will earn much more money than other High Fashion girls, who don't get the big campaigns and aren't allowed anymore to do commercial jobs.

I don't understand your words, why are high fashion models not allowed to do commecial jobs? Because many High fashion models also have good fashion campaigns, mostly because of their popularity they got at catwalk and with designer campaigns. See Toni Garrn, she is doing high fashion , is on some catwalk shows  and also get's commercial jobs. Also Claudia did both in past and now High Fashion and commercial jobs. She is in Vogue , wearing Haute Couture and she is brand ambassador for Opel and launching a haircare line for Schwarzkopf. And many other topmodels are doing  H&M  which is for me very commercial and also Peter Hahn, Otto  etc. Not high fashion range.

I think Luisa is a great model but I don't think she will ever get a topmodel. Might it be because of her agencys or what ever. I follow her carreer since I first recognized her at GNTM. She is nice and beautiful but many other young models are this also. The competition today is very hard. And you have to bear many things , friends, familiy , easy life etc. much travelling, to get a topmodel these times. And I also think to do high fashion she has to work at her body. She has a great body but look at the girls walking in Milan and Paris. When IMG would see her soon at these catwalks she would be in development of other citys. I also wonder why they are not pushing her. There might be two reasons: they don't see the potential compared to other models or OE , or possilbe also MM are avoiding this, because they want to have exclusivly the rights on Luisas carreer.

But let us wait again and see what will happen. But momently it seems like Bootstrap writes. I can fully agree to that.

I think we should accept that Luisa is still bound to OE for what reason ever and it might be possible she prolongs the contract?

why does anybody here think Luisa prolonged the contract (if it´s true)? Mr. Klum has an Option in the contract to extend it, so very likely HE is the one who forces Luisa to keep signed up for him. I don´t see any other reason why Luisa would work for OE any longer than needed (but i hope i´m wrong and this is just a plan of IMG/MM to keep her career going very soon)...

Luisa in lovely pastel:

http://us.escada.com

I´m waiting for her consequent cut with OE. Otherwise I´m too disappointed to root for her career. Maybe Sheila and Bootstrap are right and we won´t see the rise of a new supermodel. But I can´t stop hoping, she´s so incredible and very, very beautiful. With more work on her body & walk & the RIGHT AGENCY she could walk for chanel and every other high-fashion designer. 

I seriously doubt herr Klum can extend Luisas current contract without her approval. I would see it as lack of ambition from Luisas part, if she has extended the current deal with them and she avoids working in any of the fashion capitals.

There was a fan sighting of her in Bremen yesterday btw, so still in Germany.                                                                                                                                                                  

I seriously doubt herr Klum can extend Luisas current contract without her approval.

He had this option in Janas contract to extend it as he wants, an afaik he did that already in the past... The only thing Luisa could do against that is throwing tons of lawyers at him. Maybe this is the reason for her silence and her stay.

Do you have any source for this sighting in Bremen?

I seriously doubt herr Klum can extend Luisas current contract without her approval.

He had this option in Janas contract to extend it as he wants, an afaik he did that already in the past... The only thing Luisa could do against that is throwing tons of lawyers at him. Maybe this is the reason for her silence and her stay.

Do you have any source for this sighting in Bremen?

Search for "luisa hartema" on twitter, or user @KleineMiez

I don't understand your words, why are high fashion models not allowed to do commecial jobs? Because many High fashion models also have good fashion campaigns, mostly because of their popularity they got at catwalk and with designer campaigns. See Toni Garrn, she is doing high fashion , is on some catwalk shows  and also get's commercial jobs. Also Claudia did both in past and now High Fashion and commercial jobs. She is in Vogue , wearing Haute Couture and she is brand ambassador for Opel and launching a haircare line for Schwarzkopf. And many other topmodels are doing  H&M  which is for me very commercial and also Peter Hahn, Otto  etc. Not high fashion range.

I think Luisa is a great model but I don't think she will ever get a topmodel. Might it be because of her agencys or what ever. I follow her carreer since I first recognized her at GNTM. She is nice and beautiful but many other young models are this also. The competition today is very hard. And you have to bear many things , friends, familiy , easy life etc. much travelling, to get a topmodel these times. And I also think to do high fashion she has to work at her body. She has a great body but look at the girls walking in Milan and Paris. When IMG would see her soon at these catwalks she would be in development of other citys. I also wonder why they are not pushing her. There might be two reasons: they don't see the potential compared to other models or OE , or possilbe also MM are avoiding this, because they want to have exclusivly the rights on Luisas carreer.

But let us wait again and see what will happen. But momently it seems like Bootstrap writes. I can fully agree to that.

I think we should accept that Luisa is still bound to OE for what reason ever and it might be possible she prolongs the contract?

That's right, that Claudia or Toni doing some commercial jobs, but Claudia for example is a Brand and is promoting her personality. H&M, Mango, Otto and so on are Commercial Fashion brands and it's is the highest of theses group of brands.

But what I mean is, models who get developed into HF wouldn't get booked for jobs like a vodafone or coca cola tvc, which is most of the times a lot money, cause of the normal fee for the shooting days and the buyouts. It's far away from HF. HF clients don't like to book models who have done to much commercial jobs.  If you see a big topmodel doing this job, it's because the client wants a big name for this job and the model is selling her famous personality rather than the product.

If Luisa stays a normal Fashion Model she can do Jobs like Camp David and also do for example a Bellstaff campaign.