Bellazon

2013 SI Swimsuit

christine

I hate 2 part pics. I don't get it. The gutter obviously distorts and ruins a lot of the pics. If they want a lengthwise shot I would gladly turn the magazine sideways and hold it close to my face.

+1 Right?!!

My god they were so sloppy with the glue this year, and they printed on worse paper then last years. Even worse, there are a few pictures in the magazine where the coloring is totally off (mostly the 2 part pics). I've had to do my best to get the skin color to match several times which is a bitch!. Plus some of the shots are actually blurry, while others are crystal clear :(

The quality of the magazine isn't even remotely close to what it was 6+ years ago and it seems to be getting worse each year.

^ YES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- break time -

:idk: wtf are we going to do with this thread till pics are put up?

:rofl: :rofl::rofl: Warning: Frank is all kinds of awesome and will probably offend some of you. Deal with it, and enjoy the lolz

Mexico "Hey ese i broke into your car"

Puerto Rico "Hey ese i broke into your car"

Columbia "Hey ese i broke into your car"

Chile "Hey ese i broke into your car"

Brazil "Hey ese i broke into your car"

Argentina "Hey ese i broke into your car"

USA "Hey ese i broke into your car"

Miami "Hey ese i broke into your car"

Venezuela "Hey ese i broke into your car"

California "Hey ese i broke into your car"

Parking Lot "Hey ese i broke into your car"

:rofl: :rofl::rofl:

A new useless&boring interesting feature we'll get this year

A New Swimsuit Issue Feature

By TANZINA VEGA

In addition to the usual array of leggy models in skimpy bikinis in exotic locations, Sports Illustrated’s swimsuit issue this year, due on Tuesday, has a surprising new feature: a small style guide geared toward the issue’s legions of female readers.

Women read the swimsuit issue? Yes, 18 million of them, according to research conducted by the magazine.

The guide includes six pages of content from Sports Illustrated and six pages of Target ads. Titled “Secrets of Swimsuit,” the guide will include information on swimsuit trends and advice on how mere mortals, not supermodels, can achieve that sexy beach look.

Laura Portwood-Stacer, a visiting assistant professor of media, culture and communication at New York University, said magazines like the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue teach women what culture considers ideal.

“Women learn on a daily basis, unconsciously but also consciously, how to carry themselves, how to present themselves in a way that will be deemed acceptable and attractive by others,” Ms. Portwood-Stacer said. “As such a major cultural institution, it makes sense that the swimsuit edition would be a sort of bible for that kind of learning,” she said. “Women are trying to see themselves in the images; they’re comparing themselves to these ideals of feminine sexuality.”

M. J. Day, the magazine’s swimsuit editor, said the tips were meant to help women recreate the looks they see in the issue. “It’s all things that everyday beautiful women can do at home. Tousled beachy hair, very light makeup,” Ms. Day said.

Women are “a part of our franchise that we can grow,” she added. “Why not deliver more to them?”

The guide features swimsuits costing a few hundred dollars to less than $50, and brief interviews with some of the models.

Target is a marketing partner for the issue this year and its six pages of ads in the guide feature swimsuits it sells, many for less than $40.

“From a business standpoint, swim is a huge business for Target,” said Michelle Mesenburg, a marketing vice president at Target. “We wanted to have something that was a little more innovative and not just an ad in the book,” she said.

The editorial content and the ads were created independently, and the guide was not meant to be branded content, executives from both Target and Sports Illustrated said.