Bellazon

Doutzen Kroes
Thumbnail

azkid

Is she still dating eddy? and whats his last name i cant find anything on him anywere ..

I read an interview yesterday where she said she's been single for a while now. I read the interview over at TFS. She said that he was living with her in NY; he was gonna try his hand at modelin but it didn't work out he went back to the Netherlands. She said she still loves him...

Courtesy of modela at TFS

The interview was from a Dutch newspaper. I thinks its called METRO

part 1

She was on the cover of the italian vogue as is doing commercials for loreal.ands walked for some big designers.doutzen kroes is her name.(21)

It is more convient whe she calls you tell Mo from papparazimodels.the modelingagency of doutzen.she is currently in paris,so she will call you when she is on her way to a shoot. and if not she will call you between breaks.you can expect a call bewteen 10 and 12.

Doutzen calls.She has been working from 8'o clock this moring in a studio outside paris.She is shooting the new commercials for loreal.With a charming frieske accent doutzen says: i actually have only ten minutes...

Oke,then lets put our socks into it.how do you look right now?

Not at all glamourous.For the commercial i wearing alot of makup and to protect my white cloting ,im completly wrapped in towles.You should look at me now!

A month ago you worked with Jonathan Rhys Meyers and Mario testino for a versace shoot.what was that like?

I found it strange to work with an actor you normally only know from the movies.i constantly had to tell myself that it wasnt a movie we were playing.Not that i always have dreamed to work with him ,but thats what you get with celebrities;you realise that they are human too.

You are saying that right now about Jonathan Rhys Meyers ,but people can look at you that way too.do you realise that?

No,not at all.on my way here i met two girls who wanted to take a picture with me and asked for an autograph.i thought that was so unreal.

Actinglessons,Jonathan Rhys Meyers,acting in commercials,acting on the catwalk.are you working towards an actingcareer?

If i was being asked i would consider it.But at this moment im very serious about my modeling.I find it important to focus on one thing.For the lorealcommercial i took actinglessons so that i can make contact with the audience.People need to have the feeling that im talking to them.Whats its going to be like playing in a movie i dont know,but im obviously very curious.Who knows.

You once said that if i knew then ,what i know now ,i wouldnt have started it.

I dont think like that right now.Sometimes, but a lot of the times i think i wouldnt have missed this for in the world.People only see the pretty side of modelling.Nobody sees that i had to start 8 and will finish at 1.30.and that 5 days in a row .And that is for a commercial of three days alot of work.one moment im bummed,like today its my mums birthday and im not able to be with her.the next moment im happy.

You live in NY ,but i assume you are not flying home tonight after work?

No,i started here as a model in 2004 and in those seven months i rented a place in marais paris.And i still have it.sometimes i doubt about wether i should sell it,but its so much fun tocome here and have your own place.i feel more and more at home.i really enjoy going to paris alot more.

part two

Being a model is often being associated with drugs and alcohol.how do you see that?

I personally think that its more of something ten years ago.I have never seen it.oke alcohol but i think its more about your personality.im somebody that really likes to go out.especially dancing.But if i have to work the next day i wont drink a sip.I enjoy the going out part rather than doing the drugs and alcohol.i also look for friend who also thinks like that.I have told myself that i want nothing to do with drugs and it will not be in my enviroment.

If you go out,were do you go?

Clubs.It is so funny to experience the difference between friesland and NY.In NY all the clubowners know exactly who is a model and we dont have to stand in line.In friesland i just stand in line.i like that im being treated like everybody else.

Then one more cliche;do you notice alot of jalousy between models.

no ,i have alot of friends who are also models and we really support eachother.i hangout with Lonneke Engel

and Annemarie van Dijk.We kinda live a SEX and the City life.you know....NY,nice cup of coffee,to the movies,having dinner.i dont feel the competition,everybody has something that they are good at.Sometimes you think "I would have liked that assignment",but something else will always come along.jalously of other girls towards me ,i honestly dont really notice.

But there must be some kind om competition?

Subconsciencely you are always comparing.For example at the VSshow you are surrounded by girls who are thin with beautiful bodies.Then im always comparing.Thats what women do.besides castingagent only book thin girls for their shows.

If you say thin girls i automaticly have to think about anorexia.

If you are going comparing like that i can understand that you are going to be obsessieve about food.Questions like 'Can i still eat that' , '' am i really hungry'' ,'' shall i wait another hour'' , '' what does the food do to me'' come to mind.It is very difficult to completely not think about food.I cant not not eat,that goes against my feeling.

How do you handle it?

I try to eat as healty as possible and to eats small portions.Im very happy with the way i look and as amodel i try to look like a woman where other women can indentify themselfs with.At catwalk shows i sometimes have a difficult time ,because im somebody who is a little more curvy.And the clothes are often made for thin girls.i still get picked by being diffent.

in the meantime you have build up quite a resume.what is ahead?

The top hasnt been reached yet.the higher you get the more difficult it is to stay there.being booked bij Mario Testino is fantastic,but to keep working with him is difficult.one time is fun,but people can forget you very easily.Its still means working very hard.

How are you going to spend the holidays?

First a couple of days in holland.and then i will fly with my parents to NY.my little sister currently studies in NY.We are going to have a real american christmas.i already have the christmas tree.with new year we are going to hawaii.looking for the sun ,becuase its very cold in NY.

And you boyfriend Eddy,is he coming too?

No,i have been single again for quite some time now.he has lived with me in NY,where he also was a model.but it wasnt giving him alot of satisfaction.he is back in friesland and is studying.we really do love eachother but maybe its was too soon for a serious relationship