Bellazon

Doutzen Kroes
Thumbnail

azkid

How Does Doutzen Kroes Prep for the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show? Kale and Ballet

The Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show is pretty much a testament to the level of rock solidness a model’s body truly is, sans Photoshop. And most of the carefully selected participants treat it as such. In 2000, Gisele Bündchen donned the most expensive Fantasy bra to date—a bright red bejeweled creation aptly dubbed the “Red Hot Fantasy Bra” and totaling a cool $15 million—and an extremely svelte body to boot. Ten years later, an equally toned Heidi Klum famously debuted her flawless post-baby body on the runway—just five weeks after giving birth to daughter Lou Samuel.

So when we bumped into six-year Angel Doutzen Kroes at the Swarovski Collective’s dinner to toast Misha Nonoo’s collaboration with artist Dustin Yellin in advance of the much-anticipated runway extravaganza (airing Dec. 9 at 10 p.m. ET on CBS), we had to inquire about how she’s staying fit. The Dutch model conceded that she’s been keeping busy with Ballet Beautiful sessions three times a week, and every day in the weeks leading up to the show. The workout, which features customized exercises and stretches to replicate those that achieve a dancer’s muscular physique, are also a favorite of former Angel Miranda Kerr and Erin Heatherton, who introduced Kroes to the classes, taught by professional ballerina Mary Helen Bowers.

“We were stuck together at a hotel when Hurricane Sandy happened,” Kroes tells InStyle. “The first thing we thought was, ‘What are we going to do to workout?’ and she got on Skype with Mary, so that’s when I started working out with her. Once I saw the results, I was hooked. It’s amazing how you get long and lean right away.” But, as anyone who’s trying to get fit knows, the process is two-fold: exercising and eating healthy. So what does Kroes fill her plate with? Kale, of course. But not because of the current fad. “I grew up eating everything fresh and organic,” she says.  “I know kale is overrated here, but in Holland, kale and mashed potatoes with sausage in the middle is a very popular dish.” Assuming she’ll hold the potatoes and sausage until after Dec. 9.

http://news.instyle.com/2014/11/24/doutzen-kroes-workout-diet-victoria-secret-fashion-show/