71 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be a VS model?

• Bar Refaeli
    • Anna J
    • Kate Upton
    • Emily Didonato
    • Other

Here's some non-consensual views:

-Katie is clearly successful and well-liked: But what reasons...? It is beyond me. I would assume that it is a certain familiar homeliness and friendliness but complete answers elude me. I like blonde models a great deal but I passed her over. As far as curvy models go, she's not at the same level as someone like Tori Praver. Tori's fitter than Katie.

-Sexy is 20-something to me. Nothing less. Barbara and Nina look 16 and 18 respectively and some of their photos are a bit much because I keep on thinking that they are high school students.

well barbara is 18, she has a reason to look 18 because she is 18. Miranda is 28 and she looks like a high school student,

I ask myself why VS make models that look like high school student angels: miranda, chanel, candice, behati, might is well wont they just hire a real 18, 17 years old as angel: barbara palvin or sandra kubicka, and they are much more attractive than the current angels too

-Katie is clearly successful and well-liked: But what reasons...? It is beyond me. I would assume that it is a certain familiar homeliness and friendliness but complete answers elude me. I like blonde models a great deal but I passed her over. As far as curvy models go, she's not at the same level as someone like Tori Praver. Tori's fitter than Katie.

+ other comments about Kate

Well she's well-liked but sometimes I cant help but think about the way men treat her like a sexual object sometimes. Its not very respectful, in my opinion. But the fact that she looks so approachable, and above all her curves, are definitely a plus, and what probably made her success. Though some could wonder, why is that other girls no less curvy than Kate, didnt have such success like her (I'm thinking about Genevieve Morton for example).

These three.

post-51132-0-1446018172-84201_thumb.jpg

Fuller figured - Petite, healthy, toned and a little curvy - Cross between the two.

Bombshell - Exotic - Naughty School Girl

^

WIN

that would be a great addition for the angels list.

My issue with Daniela Frietas is she tends to have an extremely harsh look through her face, almost angry, not to mention she only recently, (in perspective about a year) really branched into lingerie and I've always found her very awkward. Don't get me wrong, I've liked the model for years, but I don't see a fit for VS at all.

As for Kate, part of the reason I'd go for her with VS is because the general public seems to enjoy her. She gets more hits on youtube videos then the majority of the VS angels, her personality absolutely sparkles, and she can come across as an incredibly relate-able and yet sell-able spokesmodel. As for the pictures you posted Cherrybomb, they're all taken from roughly the same 5-6 month span of her career, and she has admitted to letting her weight get away with her. She has since then hired a personal trainer and if you watch recent videos with Sports Illustrated, clearly has a much trimmer body.

On that note VS also has personal trainers for all their main models, so that wouldn't necessarily be an issue. Her body type is very similar to Brooklyn Decker, and to some extent Adriana Lima. Even looking at Lima when she was younger she didn't have a super curvy body, it's always been a little bit up and down. Not knocking her as she's a gorgeous woman, but a lot of the curves we see comes down to posing.

When girls like Lindsay Ellingson, Erin Heatherton and Alessandra Ambrosio can give us the impression of massive curves then just about anyone can given the proper coaching. :idk: just my two cents, but I've noticed most people seem to have a love hate relationship with Kate. I personally would prefer -not- to see her with the company, because there's just too many blondes at this point in time, however maybe in a year or so that might be different.

• 3 weeks later...
Fuller figured - Petite, healthy, toned and a little curvy - Cross between the two.

Bombshell - Exotic - Naughty School Girl

^

WIN

:kiss:

Totally agree! VS needs more diversity, like they had the early 90's, and not reliant on three or four women. Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Why post in a thread only to complain about it? Lol this thread is specifically about which model we think would be a good fit for VS. Its not official news for VS nor is "spurious", its a poll

Agreed :thumbsup:

the poll itself, i don't think it's necessary. The official thread isn't only about news it's a discussion thread. Anything and Everything VS. This kind of discussion takes place there too (and with good reasons).

You mean to say this discussion can't be held there?

I say they delete all the other VS threads :whistle: