Bellazon

Britney Spears
Thumbnail

Cantor

• 2 weeks later...

here's an article:

Britney Spears defends both her marriage and her parenting skills in an interview with NBC's Matt Lauer set to air Thursday.

The singer, 24, denies reports that her relationship with husband Kevin Federline, 28, is on the rocks. "He helps me. He has to," she says in the interview, which took place at her Los Angeles home. "I'm (an) emotional wreck right now."

She adds that her marriage is "awesome" and says tabloid reports that Federline has been sleeping in the basement are untrue. Asked whether people are hoping her marriage will fail, she says, "If they are, that's sad. I think everybody should be 'pro love.' " As for her emotional state, Spears blames the paparazzi, who, she says, have taken photographs of her on her private property. "They've crossed the line a little bit," she says. "They like to have the person they pick on. I feel like I'm a target." She also defends her parenting skills, which came under scrutiny when she was photographed driving with 9-month-old son Sean Preston unsecured on her lap. "I did it with my dad," says Spears, who grew up in Louisiana. "I'd sit on his lap and I drive. We're country."

Asked whether she was upset by the ensuing headlines, she says, "I know I'm a good mom."

Last month Spears announced that she is expecting her second child with Federline.

The interview will air on NBC's Today (7 a.m. ET) and Dateline NBC (9 p.m. ET) on June 15.

yeah, right. who are u trying to fool Britney?

Edited by Miwa