Bellazon

Tyra Banks
Thumbnail

dcrim

Tyson Beckford speaks on his new Make Me a Supermodel and compares it with Tyra and ANTM:

“Tyra? Are you joking? I’m the only male supermodel there is, the only one who can make a supermodel. Do you think Tyra can just call up Naomi Campbell and ask her to teach these kids how to walk the runway? Please! You know Tyra and Naomi aren’t cool like that right? And we’re in New York, Tyra’s in L.A. Nothing’s going on in L.A. [My models] will go on go-sees, be doing what it takes where the action is, in New York. Please!”

Tyra admits to being lonely in the recent Essence:

“I’d go to work [on ‘The Tyra Banks Show’], and women would be crying in my arms. But then I’d go home and put my key in my door and … nothing. No friends, no husband, no children. I feel so full when I’m at work but so empty when I come home.”
tyraessence.jpg

Tyra is upset about Hollyweird’s treatment of black actress and discusses it in the new issue of Essence:

“Believe it or not,” she says with a laugh, “I was just on Essence.com.” Tyra was looking for more information on December’s cover subjects, actresses Nia Long, Gabrielle Union and Sanaa Lathan, because, she says, she’s concerned that the women are receiving unfair treatment in Hollywood. “Sanaa, Nia and Gabrielle are strong, powerful women and they are all very successful in our industry. So it really upset me to read about how the money they make doesn’t match up.” In fact, after reading that article, she phoned her mother at 5:30 in the morning and announced, “Ma, I have a new calling.”

tyragab.jpg

"Model" team tapped for fashion-mag reality series

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - The CW has green-lighted an untitled fashion-magazine reality series from Tyra Banks and Ken Mok, the duo behind the network's No. 1 show, "America's Next Top Model." The series has received an eight-episode order and will begin production in April for a launch in late spring or summer. The show, which the CW unofficially describes as "The Devil Wears Prada" meets "The Assistant," is eyed as a potential companion piece for "Top Model."

Also on the rocks is a show in collaboration with Ashton Kutcher

"Model" team tapped for fashion-mag reality series

By Nellie Andreeva Tue Jan 29, 10:25 PM PST

The CW has green-lighted an untitled fashion-magazine reality series from Tyra Banks and Ken Mok, the duo behind the network's No. 1 show, "America's Next Top Model."

The series has received an eight-episode order and will begin production in April for a launch in late spring or summer. The show, which the CW unofficially describes as "The Devil Wears Prada" meets "The Assistant," is eyed as a potential companion piece for "Top Model."

"It is a competition show about aspiring assistants looking to become assistant editors at a fashion magazine," Mok said. "At the same time they're trying to prove themselves as aspiring fashionistas, that they have a sense of style and savvyness, all the things to make it in the fashion world."

In each episode, the contestants will compete in two challenges, an individual competition and a team competition, in which each squad will submit a page for "The Book," a mock edition of the magazine. The losing team's page will end up in the trash, and one of its team members will be eliminated. The page from the other team will be included in "The Book." The winner of the competition will land a job in the fashion industry.

The producers are in negotiations with a real fashion magazine to host the contestants, and its editors will help judge the challenges.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Copyright © 2008 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.