Bellazon

Upcoming Movie News

Prettyphile

On 10/7/2020 at 4:18 PM, Matt! said:

Yup! JW3:s original premiere date was set to summer 2021, but got pushed to 2022.  

If there is a silver lining, it's that the delays might be good for some of these projects, since they're no longer being rushed through the door. Assuming they don't just end up sitting on someone's hard drive for a couple of years, of course.

23 hours ago, jkjk said:

I would miss seeing movies that way, I really hope they are still a thing.    :smile:

Yeah, going forward it won't necessarily be a question of people wanting to come out and see films (because I do still think the demand will be there), but whether or not the studios stick to doing cinematic releases. The more things start going directly to streaming platforms, the less likely the theatres will survive. My fingers are crossed, though.

• 1 month later...

Interesting recent news (I still hope to see them on the big screen):

In an unprecedented move, Warner Bros. revealed that it will make its entire 2021 film slate available on HBO Max (in 4K) immediately on each film's theatrical release date. Films receiving dual streaming/theatrical releases should include big budget titles like The Matrix 4, Godzilla vs. Kong, The Suicide Squad, and Dune, as well as potential awards contenders such as Judas and the Black Messiah and The Many Saints of Newark.

9 hours ago, jkjk said:

Interesting recent news (I still hope to see them on the big screen)

That's one way to get subscriptions I guess, it's almost like they've realised that the Snyder cut isn't going to be a four quadrant smasher after all. :ph34r:

• 4 weeks later...

One of my favourite childhood movies has got a sequel. :) "Coming 2 America" is the second installment in the "Coming to America" film series, and serves as a sequel to the 1988 original film. The film stars Eddie Murphy, Arsenio Hall, Jermaine Fowler, Leslie Jones, Tracy Morgan, KiKi Layne, Shari Headley, John Amos, Teyana Taylor, Wesley Snipes, and James Earl Jones. Originally to be theatrically released by Paramount Pictures, the film's domestic distribution rights were sold to Amazon Studios due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Amazon will release it digitally on Prime Video on March 5, 2021, except for countries where Paramount will release the film theatrically.
Plot:
Set after the events of the first film, former Prince Akeem Joffer (Eddie Murphy) is set to become King of Zamunda when he discovers he has a son he never knew about in America – a street savvy Queens native named Lavelle (Jermaine Fowler). Honoring his royal father's (James Earl Jones) dying wish to groom this son as the crown prince, since Akeem and Lisa’s daughter is ineligible to take over the throne since Zamundan law says that it has to be a male heir to take the throne. Akeem and Semmi (Arsenio Hall) set off to America once again.
Trailer:

Some of my thoughts:
1. The way Arsenio Hall says “Oh, hell no, your majesty!” just cracks me up! :56608ac1cc5a3_smilynewone:

2. Shari Headley still looks amazing 

3. How are the barbershop guys still alive???

4. Who is the mother of Akeem's son?
Looking forward to 2021!

2 hours ago, ArianaVSCouture said:

One of my favourite childhood movies has got a sequel. :)

Man, you'd think that 32 years on from original movie, Eddie and Arsenio wouldn't need make-up to play older guys. By the looks of it though, they'd be in need of it to look somewhere in the vicinity of their real ages. :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Matt! said:

Kevin Feige Confirms ‘Deadpool 3’ Is an MCU Movie; Teases R-Rating and When It’s Filming

To be honest, with all the hand-wringing about whether or not they'd be doing the R-rated thing with MCU Deadpool, I'd been thinking for a while that it might actually be funnier to have him show up in a mainline Marvel film and discover that he's incapable of swearing. That would be the ultimate fourth-wall blast.

18 hours ago, Matt! said:

Captain America Eyes Return To The MCU As Chris Evans Nears Deal To Reprise Role In Future Marvel Project

I'm okay with it, provided that one or both of the following conditions are met. One, Hayley Atwell is there, or two, he reprises the role in a 120-minute high school PSA ala Spider-Man: Homecoming. :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

Coming 2 America - second trailer:

I did have a feeling we are going to get Wakanda reference at one point. ;) I also have a feeling there will be a plot twist and so-called son of Akeem will actually will be Sammi's (he did pretend to be the Prince for Lisa's sister in a original movie). :) 

I did have a feeling we are going to get Wakanda reference at one point. ;) I also have a feeling there will be a plot twist and so-called son of Akeem will actually will be Sammi's (he did pretend to be the Prince for Lisa's sister in a original movie). :) 

I’ll be honest, the moment Wesley Snipes arrived in the trailer, I was all in on the character. Just everything about that general was great.

Seems like the "must be a king" thing, which was what struck me the most about the last trailer, is going to form a big part of the story. Should be interesting to see how they resolve it.

Wesley is a great actor, his character is definitely going to bring some action! Teyana Taylor looks like a badass too. 

I do have a feeling we're going to have another "Who am I to change it? I thought you were the King" moment, but I guess we have to wait and see. ;) 

I believe it will be a second movie where Snipes and Murphy are starring together. If I'm not mistaken, both of them were in "Dolemite Is My Name", 2019. Another funny fact is that both actors played vampires in a past - Eddie in "Vampire in Brooklyn" and Snipes in "Blade" trilogy (well, technically a dhampire, since Blade is part-human). :) 

Do we have any news about "Jurassic World: Dominion" and "A Quiet Place 2"? I've heard "A Quiet Place 2" was delayed for a third time, and now will be released in September... :( 

1 hour ago, ArianaVSCouture said:

Do we have any news about "Jurassic World: Dominion" and "A Quiet Place 2"? I've heard "A Quiet Place 2" was delayed for a third time, and now will be released in September... :( 

Jurassic World: Dominion will be summer 2022 (as long as the virus avoids more changes). A Quiet Place 2 is currently September, but I don't know how confident the studio is about that date.

The studios can't afford to release when people can't go and they are really guessing when will be a realistic time to do it.

I believe it will be a second movie where Snipes and Murphy are starring together. If I'm not mistaken, both of them were in "Dolemite Is My Name", 2019.

That's right, that totally slipped my mind. I enjoyed that film a lot and Wesley Snipes was absolutely terrific as D'Urville Martin. I remember hoping that his performance would ignite a proper comeback, or that he would be the next actor to get the Tarantino comeback treatment, although the timing obviously wasn't great.