Bellazon

Upcoming Movie News

Prettyphile

I'd much prefer Sony stop trying to milk solo films out of characters that work far better as antagonists or allies for Peter Parker. That being said, Booksmart was a brilliant film and I'm glad to see Olivia Wilde getting a high profile studio gig.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Perhaps needless to say, 2020 has been a strange old year so far. I might just have another quick look at my news feed in the hope that nothing odd has happened in the last half hour...

Never mind. :ph34r:

On 10/1/2020 at 9:56 PM, jkjk said:

Hopefully they make him look better than last time. At least that would be some positive out of it.

I can't think of anything it could be but a multiverse plot. They must have been seriously impressed by how well received the Spiderverse movie was.

7 minutes ago, Michael* said:

I can't think of anything it could be but a multiverse plot. They must have been seriously impressed by how well received the Spiderverse movie was.

They do seem to be going all-in on the multiverse thing, using it in multiple upcoming projects.

19 minutes ago, jkjk said:

They do seem to be going all-in on the multiverse thing, using it in multiple upcoming projects.

After Spiderverse I know there were rumours about a live action version with Holland, Maguire and Garfield. In fairness, that sounds about right for studio thinking.

I only ever saw ASM2 the once so I'm a bit hazy on how good or bad a movie it really was, although I do remember it could have been called Dubstep: the Movie. Which I guess one could argue might make it a bad movie. :laugh:

1 minute ago, Michael* said:

I only ever saw ASM2 the once so I'm a bit hazy on how good or bad a movie it really was, although I do remember it could have been called Dubstep: the Movie. Which I guess one could argue might make it a bad movie. :laugh:

I really didn't like ASM2, mainly for the ending. I don't remember much about it either.    :thumbs_down:

Just now, jkjk said:

I really didn't like ASM2, mainly for the ending. I don't remember much about it either.    :thumbs_down:

I feel like the biggest mistake was that they made a film where seemingly half the point was to introduce a bunch of other stuff for the future, instead of just concentrating on telling a half-decent Spider-Man story. The finer details of the plot, assuming there were any, sort of escape me now. :blush:

2 minutes ago, jkjk said:

A sign of any good movie.   :smile:

Yeah, I know for me, a film that divides opinion is better than one that everyone agrees is average or forgettable. Thinking about it now, I guess both Andrew Garfield efforts probably fall into the latter category.

With the Sam Raimi series, I find the opposite is true, albeit not always for the right reasons.