Bellazon

Upcoming Movie News

Prettyphile

Usually, I'm a sucker for anything Ghostbusters. The Stranger Things tonality really jumps out at you in the trailer though, obviously with a big assist from the presence of Finn Wolfhard, but a little too much for my liking. We'll have to see how it goes when we've got all the elements, I guess.

I do enjoy the dynamic of the middle aged bloke explaining to a bunch of confused children why the Ghostbusters were a big deal 35 years ago. Reflects the true spirit of the fan base perfectly. :angel:

14 hours ago, Matt! said:

Agreed! Have you seen this one https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1289401/

wow, definitely not.  Funny that they are all women there, typical.

I remember admiring the ghostbusters themselves- they reminded me of firemen except much cooler...

Daniel Craig has really aged recently

It's a funny thing with Ghostbusters '16. Even now, people seem to like dredging it up to provoke arguments, which still generates traffic, while the film itself just sits there, thoroughly average and in no way worth all the fuss. Ironically though, for all the hand wringing about gender, the cast was the best thing about it.

1 hour ago, Cult Icon said:

Daniel Craig has really aged recently

I never could wrap my head around Craig's weird relationship with the Bond character. On one hand, he seems to hate the process of making the films. On the other, considering how much he griefs the producers, he must care about the end product.

14 minutes ago, Michael* said:

It's a funny thing with Ghostbusters '16. Even now, people seem to like dredging it up to provoke arguments, which still generates traffic, while the film itself just sits there, thoroughly average and in no way worth all the fuss. Ironically though, for all the hand wringing about gender, the cast was the best thing about it.

I don't think I will ever understand how worked up people get because a movie stars women:

"They are remaking a movie and putting women in staring roles. Childhood ruined."  :baronfaint:

If only people could wait for the "offending" movie to come out. It may be a good movie or a bad movie, just like movies staring men. Of course, that doesn't work either because the complaints are the same after the movie comes out, even when the person complaining hasn't seen the movie.

13 minutes ago, jkjk said:

I don't think I will ever understand how worked up people get because a movie stars women:

"They are remaking a movie and putting women in staring roles. Childhood ruined."  :baronfaint:

If only people could wait for the "offending" movie to come out. It may be a good movie or a bad movie, just like movies staring men. Of course, that doesn't work either because the complaints are the same after the movie comes out, even when the person complaining hasn't seen the movie.

Yeah, I mean there are inevitably going to be people out there with legitimate criticisms, which is fine, but irrational hatred for films yet to be released always seems to speak loudest.

And of course, it wasn't until the announcement that Ghostbusters '16 would have an all-female cast that the entirety of the original property seemingly became a sacred text, despite the second film being considerably less heralded than the first.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...