Bellazon

thats the interview: http://www.presseportal.de/pm/101845/2822630/irina-shayk-vielleicht-verliebe-ich-mich-ja-in-einen-mcdonald-s-angestellten  sorry for the bad translation or repost

"I am a difficult character. So really, who dares to make me blind a proposal, is risking his life. It is hard to deal with a Russian woman." In any case, they have no plans to marry, "I do not even know where I wake up in two days." Although she has with Ronaldo a rich, beautiful and body-conscious partner at her side, it is her on inner values she says further: "A man should own charm, wit, intelligence and good education. Appearance is a minor matter what did you have of a good-looking boyfriend who is hollow inside? you want to be able to talk yet, I'm only 28 years old, I want to learn something from my boyfriend, to develop my career. "The fact that a man is interested in fashion, it does not matter. "I do not care the professional also. Maybe I fall in love so in two years in a McDonald's employee, that's life, it is not about money or about looks it.. about feelings. "

"Maybe I fall in love so in two years in a McDonald's employee"

she is absolutely ridiculous!!!
She will marry in the future with the classic rich man, he will guarantee her an crocodile's bag per month, summer holidays in st.tropez, winter holidays in courchevel, some rolex for year ecc....

I hate the ridiculous hypocrisy of beautiful women!

"Maybe I fall in love so in two years in a McDonald's employee"

Maybe it's a small jab at Cristiano, since the rumors were that the child is conceived with a waitress and that later he paid her off to have a full custody of his son.

btw. Cristiano seems to be a really good guy, he does a lot of good charity work. People just like to hate on him because he is cocky.

As for them, I never thought it would work out. She basically lived in NYC and he lives in Madrid. Both travel a lot because of their jobs...it was a miracle it lasted this long.

I had no idea she's 29. I thought she was younger.

Honestly, I wish these women would stop perpetuating the myth that any guy has a shot.

It's belied by reality, and it gives some perpetual losers a misconception that causes a lot of far less famous (and thus less sheltered and protected) women real-life problems (e.g. stalkers).

Jessica Harts candor on this subject was refreshing and it was sad to see the unneeded and stupid backlash she faced for merely stating the truth.

http://modelsandmoguls.com/2010/12/21/victorias-secret-model-jessica-hart-ordinary-guys-dont-stand-a-chance-dating-us/

True, but I don't really deem it to be pissing on customers to say that a regular Joe has no shot with a (famous) professional model.

I mean, if you are a grown-ass person and you feel butt-hurt by something as trivial as that, then this life and world must be near intolerable for you!

Everything that you said is true but it works differently in reality. The cult of celebrity worship is a strange one. People look up to them as shiny stars and yet want them to be flawed and obtainable at the same time. And usually celebs who play well "I'm one of you guys, I swear" game are the ones who benefit the most and can get away easily with mistakes.

Funny stuff.

Everyone here knows that Irina isn't going to marry some regular Joe but stating the obvious would just cause more harm than good.

True, but I don't really deem it to be pissing on customers to say that a regular Joe has no shot with a (famous) professional model.

I mean, if you are a grown-ass person and you feel butt-hurt by something as trivial as that, then this life and world must be near intolerable for you!

Its not just about the existing customers/fans. Suggesting that any  'regular Joe' has a shot with her (or any celeb) will eventually help her win even more fan following.

Everyone here knows that Irina isn't going to marry some regular Joe but stating the obvious would just cause more harm than good.

Right, but there is no obligation for her to state the exact opposite, e.g. in her case that she might end up with a guy working a McJob. I mean, she could also merely not have made that statement.

Its not just about the existing customers/fans. Suggesting that any  'regular Joe' has a shot with her (or any celeb) will eventually help her win even more fan following.

I am not sure that is true, unless you argue that fandom is based on the illusion of attainability. I would argue that the allure of being glamorous and "hard to get" is greater.

Right, but there is no obligation for her to state the exact opposite, e.g. in her case that she might end up with a guy working a McJob. I mean, she could also merely not have made that statement.

I agree.

I am not sure that is true, unless you argue that fandom is based on the illusion of attainability. I would argue that the allure of being glamorous and "hard to get" is greater.

Maybe. But look for example Taylor Swift. Even though she is one of the biggest stars right now and she has always dated famous and rich she keeps this allure of being very approachable.

She talks to her fans on social media, invites them to her home, sends them gifts for holidays...and as a result has one of the most supportive fan bases in the entertainment industry. The fan base than already purchased more than 4 million copies of her album. For her, 'the humble girl next door' approach clearly works.

I don't think it's so outrageous that a model should date a regular Joe. Just look at Lindsay Ellingson. True, a McDonalds employee is a bit far-fetched especially when she was dating an athlete superstar. Irina's statement does give you a bit of insight of her relationship with CR though. Why would you talk about a future partner when you already are in a relationship? I know her main point was "it's not about money or looks", but it is a bit odd.

Works the same as the illusion of Democracy in politics. the underlying logic is the same :p