Bellazon

New York Post

Shayk, rattle and roll!

Hot Russian beauty Irina Shayk and her hunky soccer beau Cristiano Ronaldo are on target to become the Beckhams of New York

She’s read Dostoevsky’s “Crime and Punishment.” Twice.

She can play Beethoven concertos flawlessly.

She volunteers for a charity for orphans and she doesn’t watch TV (unless, of course, she’s on it).

She’s one of the most beautiful women in the world, dating the hottest soccer player on the planet, Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo.

She’s Irina Shayk — the emerald-eyed beauty whose pillow lips, olive skin and long limbs took her from a Russian village so small it isn’t on a map, to the center of New York City, where a billboard of her perfect body, clad in Armani Exchange, towered over 14th street all summer

“Sometime I thank God my parents make me beautiful,” says the 24-year-old model in splintered, but not broken English at the Soho House recently. “But it’s just a body, and I believe in second life. What’s my life gonna be like next time if I’m not gonna have my face then?”

She bites on an heirloom tomato and ponders the nature of life like a modern-day Dostoevsky.

“Russian people are very superstitious,” she says finally. “I really believe in karma. If you do something bad, it’s gonna come back to you.”

Shayk, who’s real last name is 15-letters long and so hard to spell it even took her a few years to get it right, (Shaykhlislamova, for the record) won’t confirm or deny the fact that she’s been dating Ronaldo since the spring. And she definitely won’t discuss the fact that he just had a surrogate child with another woman — a fact that sent the international, futbol-obsessed press into a foaming mob that staked out her West Village apartment for weeks.

“I am private person,” says the stunner, who also poses for Sports Illustrated and Guess. “This is just the way I feel about it.”

But whether she likes it or not, she and Ronaldo are the new Beckhams: a stunning combo of hard-bodied athlete and drop-dead gorgeous WAG. In fact, both the British couple and their Russian-Portuguese counterpart have appeared in their underwear for Armani Exchange campaigns, which is how Shayk and Ronaldo allegedly met.

“And what do I think?” she scoffs, when asked about the comparison to the Beckhams. “Nothing. I don’t have time to think about it. Trust me.”

She does, on the other hand, have time for books, specifically those focusing on powerful Russian women. She’s currently reading a history of 18th century Russian rulers.

“Catherine, Anna, Elizabeth,” she lists, excitedly. “We had women ruling the whole country. Russian women are so strong.”

She also has time for her dog Cesare, a Lab, she boasts, who was fathered by one of the dogs who played the title role in “Marley and Me.”

“In my next life I want to come back as my dog,” she says. “He has the best life! Right now he is on vacation in Miami.”

And then there’s shopping — she loves Christian Louboutin, where she bags a few pairs of shoes at a time, and the Russian grocery stores in Brighton Beach, where she stocks up on meats, sausages, cucumbers, tomatoes, cookies and blinis — and then eats the entire stash in two days, she claims. (Though, her svelte figure might have you believe otherwise.)

She also spends time in her home village, Emanzhelisk, where she and her sister helped rebuild the children’s ward of the local hospital, and raises money on behalf of a Russian charity, Pomogi, which provides care to sick children.

Shayk’s father, a coal miner, died of complications from pneumonia when she was 14, and she knows how close to the bone life can be for kids in her village.

“Growing up, we didn’t have any money. My mother worked two jobs. What if I had gotten sick and I couldn’t pay for anything?” she asks.

It’s from her father that she got her unusual looks, she says, which often cause people to think she’s South American.

“My father was dark skinned, because he was Tartar. Sometimes Tartars can look Brazilian,” she says. “I get my light eyes from my mother.”

And how does it feel to be stared at everywhere she goes?

“Oh, I don’t even notice,” she says. “I don’t have very good vision.”

8CU8RQALBY_irina3--350x600.jpg MKCFF8NO0K_irina4--350x600.jpg 36X1AI79PM_irina--350x600.jpg IRPRXZR62V_irina5--500x380.jpg

Source: lovevsmodels.com

wow, great news! Irina is official ambassador for Intimissimi! and if you are in Milan you can actually see her in person!

Milan, 9th September: Intimissimi participates to Vogue Fashion Night 2010.

On occasion of Vogue Fashion Night Out in Milan, the Intimissimi brand store in Galleria Pattari will give its clients an opportunity not to be missed: Intimissimi brand ambassador Irina Shayk and Luca Argentero, spokesperson for the brand's men's line will personalise your purchase with their autographs and dedications.

From 7 to 11:30 PM.

Boutique Intimissimi, Galleria Pattari 2.

For information Studio Isabella Errani, Marta Ginelli+39 349 86 87 740.