Bellazon

Any celeb that everyone says is hot but who you think is unattractive

Guest MissIsabella

I Like Marisa, but that's my personal opinion. I think it's good that we can have a thread like this so everyone can express their own opinions but I think to come in and start just throwing insults at a model doesn't really benefit anyone and it just ends up in people fighting. I think it would be better for all the members and the forum as a whole if people just said their opinions in a mature way and then left it at that. And I know that the purpose of this thread is to say who you don't like but it can still be taken a little far. Hope this doesn't offend anyone since it is one of my first post. :)

Call me crazy but I don't see the OBSESSION with Ana Beatriz Barros!

OnlyAnaSignature02.jpg

She's pretty, but to me she's not in the same league as Adriana, Alessandra, Giselle, Marisa Miller or even Petra.  I'm not SICK of her, I'm just not a fan.  AT ALL!!!

:dunno:

i think she has a sort of esoteric beauty.

i think much more of ana bb than those other said models.

well, as for the thread topic.. adina folhin is the one i'd say gets to me. her look freaks me out. :ugh:

expert you forgot to mention that along with runway the brazillians also do TONS of editorial work around the world and they are actually included in the vs runway show unlike the 5'6 marissa. she doesn't do runway not because she's so goddamn beautiful(which IN MY OPINION  she is not) it's because she doesn't have "the look" and because she 's short.

Is Marisa Miller really only 5'6" cant be?

The idea behind putting especially attractive models in catalogs is to tempt a woman (or the woman's boyfriend!) to purchase what she's wearing.  When I browse through catalogs I see Ana or Adriana's gorgeous face and sleek tan body in a beautiful setting I pause and check out what she's wearing and often find myself wanting to purchase the lingerie/swimwear/clothing.  Like the one woman who worked for Victoria's Secret said on the VH1 AAA Special, a girl who sees sexy Adriana in that huge gorgeous mansion in the VS commercial is apt to want to buy Adriana's lingerie.

Which is why I don't understand the purpose of having Marisa Miller in VS!  She has some sort of appeal to men that most straight women would just not perceive as being attractive.  Like many people have said, her face....is lacking (to put it nicely), although she has an outstanding body. I browsed through the VS swimwear preview and had to leave I was so turned off..

v2428255me.jpg

v2430465lz.jpg

I  :heart:  Victoria's Secret so I'm just disappointed they would replace their more attractive models with her..

You no what. What i find what they do to Marisa in VS is it just me or do they try to make her look bad.. Look at the pics, her cheeks look red and burnt, Her skin tone is all uneven, bad lighting on her face.. I dont know whyd theyd shoot her like this. They need reflectors on her face to lighten the face up. I dont know , seems like bad photographers shoot her or maybe its just her. But i do believe with proper lighting and makeup she should be able to look at least decent. Shes not ugly. She has potential.

Adriana and ABB seem odd looking to me, which is I guess the negative version of "exotic" (ok, when I say odd I mean to say that I think Adriana is very pretty but we're talking comparisons here - ABB I really just don't like at all) - Part of the reason why guys dig Marisa is they can picture her living next door, not so much for Adriana and ABB. In response to a previous post, men also buy things for their girlfriends/wives, and seeing someone with a ridiculous body modeling lingerie (which is worn on the body, not the face) might make a guy want to buy it for his girl. No one is pushing for Marisa to model for Maybelline.

I think part of the reason why Bellazon and ChilaX members in general seem to dislike Marisa is because the majority of the membership here love Adriana Lima. If you're going to categorize beauty, I'd say that Adriana's appeal is almost the opposite of Marisa's. If you had a Marisa-leaning forum with an Adriana thread, you'd see the same thing in reverse. It's not that either girl is unattractive (far from it) - it's just the tastes of the particular men and women of a particular group clash pretty harshly when you compare girls with looks as different as Marisa and Adriana. Ana Hickman seems to be another one that gets a lot of criticism on this board, and I'd put her in the same "category" as Marisa. If that makes sense at all...

actually.. i'd have to agree that as a girl who likes doing sports.. when i flip through VS i do stop and take a look at what marisa is wearing because she can look athletic and sexy at the same time. esp for girls of my age... but as i grow older i may prefer the womanly raw sensuality or sexuality of the brazilian women. but i do have to admit that marisa looks terrible in most VS pictures.. but she looked very good in the SI pictures.. but still since i go for face more than body.. i like the sweet innocent look.. like Josie and Natalia V. so yea.. i still don't really like marisa but she gets me to look at the clothes she's wearing and borrow ideas

Guest quasicartes
i dont like the girl next door look either...i agree exotic is the way to go for me too

I can't agree with you more...

if you want to look at models, why look at the girl-next -door type?

Isn't it boring?

We worship models because they are so "out-of-this-world" gorgeous.

And, of course, that means exotic. Reminds me of that diamond-in-the-rough Adriana.

But just because Marisa's looks is so common, so "next-door", we shouldn't mention her name in this thread. "AAArgh, not her again" thread is dedicated to woman that we despise as much as roaches, marisa certainly does not belong here.

Note: I am not a fan of Marisa.

You no what. What i find what they do to Marisa in VS is it just me or do they try to make her look bad.. Look at the pics, her cheeks look red and burnt, Her skin tone is all uneven, bad lighting on her face.. I dont know whyd theyd shoot her like this. They need reflectors on her face to lighten the face up. I dont know , seems like bad photographers shoot her or maybe its just her. But i do believe with proper lighting and makeup she should be able to look at least decent. Shes not ugly. She has potential

I noticed that too..in the new swimwear section of VS's official website..even the models I do like don't have very flattering pictures

Guest quasicartes

You no what. What i find what they do to Marisa in VS is it just me or do they try to make her look bad.. Look at the pics, her cheeks look red and burnt, Her skin tone is all uneven, bad lighting on her face.. I dont know whyd theyd shoot her like this. They need reflectors on her face to lighten the face up. I dont know , seems like bad photographers shoot her or maybe its just her. But i do believe with proper lighting and makeup she should be able to look at least decent. Shes not ugly. She has potential

I noticed that too..in the new swimwear section of VS's official website..even the models I do like don't have very flattering pictures

Well, I guess it's time to fire the photoshop artists then.