Bellazon

The best face of fashion

sagitario

I can't believe that Claudia was eliminated!! :shock: :shock: :confused:

Not me, seems impossible :mellow::laugh: Claudia schiffer which was considered the most beautiful woman in the world, here in bellazon not get past the first round lol. It is really amazing :laugh: lol

She even lost to Marisa that I thought was known for her body, not by your face, maybe I need glasses lol :laugh:

I can't believe that Claudia was eliminated!! :shock: :shock: :confused:

Not me, seems impossible :mellow::laugh: Claudia schiffer which was considered the most beautiful woman in the world, here in bellazon not get past the first round lol. It is really amazing :laugh: lol

She even lost to Marisa that I thought was known for her body, not by your face, maybe I need glasses lol :laugh:

I think we are all a little more up to date

+

the amount of models today and the availability of them in the media let tastes diversify a lot

in the past we could not choose from so many models without buying fashion magazines.

Also that the coverage on tv was not that extensive.

+ believe it or not, as a german I consider Heidi and Claudia to be highly overrated

Sorry to add my two cents :ninja: but though those are great points, I don't think this one's an era issue because Candace Boucher is younger than Marisa and dominated this last time when she was the it girl for SI and now is already out. Though some seem to have steady fans, generally the average fashion fans are more likely go gravitate towards someone who's hot at the moment and when a model gets much older or is even still young and not working as much (like Gemma ect.) their popularity drastically declines. Like there was a time here Raica Oliveira was super popular and would have done well but probably wouldn't as much now and Ilze and Inguna would have dominated this easily when I first got here and now they're not nearly as popular. I remember when most people here didn't care a thing about Candice and nwo she's one fo the most popular and when I first got here Marisa was generally considered a butterface and now many here seem to love her face. And with the older models, if you start a thread for an 80s model and a 17 year old model who look EXACTLY alike at the same time, more poeple will respond to the 17 year old model's thread because of promise of new work and the knowledge that they are in their prime. And when I got here some considered it crazy to compare Bar to Gisele and then when Bar got big it flip flopped around and so forth. I had a face comp too where Izabel won and smoked Doutzen, Valentina, Adriana ect. who are probably favoerites here. Many fashion fans seem to go through cycles of changes probably because the essence of fashion is just that 'being in fashion'. Though of course as a side note, I've never changed my mind about a person's looks, ever 0.0 :ninja: .

oO Candice was my nomination,

but honestly I considered her to be more the "underdog vote".

Her thread has a mere 13 pages and she is most famous for doing SI south africa, which did not seem popular at all when I posted the pics...

You leave me a bit speechless at the moment.

Very well voiced, Joe (Y) It's a shame, sometimes, to see some people climb on the bandwagon for the "girl of the moment", even before she has proven herself and has a track record in fashion. You made the point very well. :flower:

:rofl: a track record in fashion... That's priceless and rather silly. You don't need to 'prove' yourself for your face or your body to be liked. Going along those lines do you wait to go out with a guy to see if he can prove himself, or has a good track record? Obviously you're the type that goes along the lines that you need to test drive the 'merchandise' to see if it's worth the ride before saying 'I do' don't you?

Seriously just because someone has a successful fashion career doesn't mean they are pretty or that everyone will like them. I personally find Isabeli can at times come across looking a little bit masculine, but she is still a very successful model and I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with her.

As for Claudia.... she's nothing special. I don't care if she was one of the quote on quote supers I didn't like her back in the day and I still don't like her, and I'm obviously not the only one to share that opinion. So the shock and awe that someone could beat her is a little irritating. I believe the saying is 'Different strokes for different folks' but you'd know all about that.. after all you wait to see their track records.

Kate Upton 12

Olga Kurylenko 10

Stephanie Cherry 8

Doutzen Kroes 7

It's delightful that we all get to express our opinions here. I expressed mine, you expressed yours and the next person will express theirs.....in a perfect world, we wouldn't have to get so fired up when someone else gives an opinion/viewpoint we might not see the same way. Just the way no model looks the same, acts the same, walks the same, chances are most people will have differing opinions from time to time.

And this overreaction came about because I gave my opinion about Claudia being eliminated?? WOW! I mean, really?? Thanx for your viewpoint, though.

Of course when a model is very famous for his face, we hope she gets good results. Although I know that not everyone liked the same can not fail to be surprised, both with claudia as with marisa. But we must also see that we are only seeing the opinion of 20/25 people.

Do not take it seriously, each has the right to speak :) not offend anyone :blush:

Voting is closed