Thumbnail

bar none

Found this bit of news on the concert Marisa hosted:

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Marisa Miller Hosts First Kazak Concert

PR Newswire - Press releases by industry

Entertainment

New Breakthrough Rock Band KAZAK Plays First Show in CA to Sold-Out Crowd

Debut album Hyde Street in stores on Dec. 16 SANTA CRUZ, Calif., Dec. 16 /PRNewswire/ -- The new hard-hitting breakthrough rock band KAZAK, consisting of members who descend from Santa Cruz, California, played its first show in Northern California to a sold-out crowd at the Crow's Nest on November 1, 2008. American supermodel Marisa Miller, also a Santa Cruz native, hosted the show. She stated, "I want to spread the word and turn people on to a band I love. I hosted KAZAK's first live show in Santa Cruz at the beginning of November and was blown away. Everyone was. It was awesome to hear good rock that wasn't pop sounding or over produced. They are small-town guys with big talent and Ihave high hopes for them. I hope you love KAZAK's sound as much as I do." Although three members are natives of Santa Cruz, singer-guitaristJustin Kaczyk is from Big Springs, Texas. Kaczyk grew up as a singer/songwriter influenced by blues and southern rock and has a vocal range like no other. Supporting Kaczyk's sound, the group has Kevin Rafferty on guitar who has an endless range of talent driven from influences ranging from Jimi Hendrix to Tom Morello. Kevin's younger brother Dave Rafferty on bass brings a complete sound, and Michael Santaella on drums cements the sound of KAZAK. Hyde Street, KAZAK's debut album, drew its inspiration from the rough streets of the Tenderloin District of San Francisco, California mixed with Kaczyk's home life frustrations and emotional departure from real life's day-to-day struggle; this 15-song record packs a powerful sonic assault. Returning to Hyde Street Studios in San Francisco where they recorded their EP, KAZAK recently completed their debut album Hyde Street that continues to grow the sound that their fans have grown to love. Continuing to create music that is not overproduced, their debut plays with the landscape of rock's history by using southern roots and modern rock sensibilities. "Still Life," the follow-up single to "Never Enough," will be available on iTunes on December 9, 2008. Hyde Street will be available on iTunes and in Best Buy on December 16, 2008.

http://www.KAZAKROCK.com http://www.myspace.com/KAZAKROCK Press contact info: Taylor @ RunWidiT Media (831) 334-7947 [email protected]

^ If you wish hard enough, you might get what you want ;)

If only that were true more frequently... :/

Marisa Miller: Video Games Award 2008 (Preview)

.flv format

Found by mbinebri

Capped & Etc by Me

mmfr1.jpg

Click on Image to Download

Although they don't show it here, I like that Marisa was intro'd as "America's #1 supermodel" (or something similar): she's risen past the need to be called an Angel or SI covermodel. :D

:heart:

Yech, that Wuerth Calendar pic is ICKY. Red lipstick with too much eyeliner! No wonder she looks like she wants to strangle someone. As for the DT Magazine edit, that is the second time the Malibu edit has been used (and may I remind everyone that my UHQ scans of the original Malibu edit can be found on this thread by using the search function). I don't want people to think that these scans were never done before.

I don't remember if I posted these here before. I probably did. Or maybe I didn't. But I probably did.

SPORTS ILLUSTRATED 2009 CALENDAR PLANNER

featuring Marisa Miller

Click on the thumbnail to download the UHQ scan!

31712624.53a333.jpg

31712630.93e5bd.jpg

31712633.8b3f99.jpg

31712634.c9d1a0.jpg

31712637.b5fa50.jpg

:laugh:

^ I was just going to post that, but you beat me to it! :laugh: Nice find! ;) :p

heheh, oops!! and thank yous; i check that website wayyyy too much for new stuff haha.

:rofl: What is going on?!? If you all had my job, you would know why I find humor in this :p

Ok, reposts are fine as long as there are no identical image(s) posted within the last 3-5 pages. With that said, please check 3-5 pages before posting---that include THIS page too ;)

:heart:

Well, since we're in the mood for reposts, I might as well join in. Hey, if Pink says its okay, then I'm gonna do it.

TITLE: SUBURBIA

PH: STEVEN LIPPMAN

MAG: MALIBU MAGAZINE JUNE/JULY 2008

Click on the thumbnail to view the Super Duper-UHQ scan!

(All pics re-uploaded for faster download time)

31737639.16ad8c.jpg

31737645.b92fa8.jpg 31737652.763fee.jpg

31490110.861366.jpg 31737655.b85b3d.jpg

31737662.6ab867.jpg 31737667.990715.jpg

31530730.767ec3.jpg

As far as I know, this original Malibu edit is quite difficult to find on Ebay for a good price. It seems only Marisa's official Ebay page is selling it for a hefty price of $60 (autographed). Good thing I found it before it went out-of-print.

:laugh: