Bellazon

Heidi Klum

Guest MissIsabella

Does anyone knows who is bigger in this business? Heidi or Claudia Schiffer?

What do you mean by big: money or fame? And what do you mean by "this business"? And are you talking in the U.S. or worldwide?

Forbes magazine listed Heidi as the second most highly paid model in the world after Gisele Bundchen, so Heidi wins that.

Heidi is probably more popular in the U.S. than Claudia, but that's mostly due to Project Runway and not straight modeling.

Karl Lagerfeld recently said that he and Claudia didn't even know who Heidi Klum is, because Heidi was never a part of the Paris fashion scene. Of course, Paris fashion insiders have a pretty skewed view of things.

I have no idea which one is more popular in other parts of the world.

Does anyone knows who is bigger in this business? Heidi or Claudia Schiffer?

What do you mean by big: money or fame? And what do you mean by "this business"? And are you talking in the U.S. or worldwide?

Forbes magazine listed Heidi as the second most highly paid model in the world after Gisele Bundchen, so Heidi wins that.

Heidi is probably more popular in the U.S. than Claudia, but that's mostly due to Project Runway and not straight modeling.

Karl Lagerfeld recently said that he and Claudia didn't even know who Heidi Klum is, because Heidi was never a part of the Paris fashion scene. Of course, Paris fashion insiders have a pretty skewed view of things.

I have no idea which one is more popular in other parts of the world.

Here in Latin America, Heidi is so much more popular than Claudia ... But mostly due to Project Runway too, but i think that hers, Gisele&Tyra are the only well-know models here

well Heidi is definitely the most famous model here in the US (along w/ Tyra,Kate,Naomi, and Gisele and cindy) NOW, but it's also not the 90's anymore and during the 90's Claudia was really really famous probably more famous than Heidi is now if you look back. Just because it was a whole diffferent era of Fashion (models were pretty much more famous than most celebs, so....) :) I don't think you can really compare

What magazine is that from Ksenia?

It was in tv-digital

Here's my translation of the article:

High, Higher, Heidi

She has arrived at the top: Exclusively for TV Digital, Heidi Klum shows why she is sexier than ever before and speaks openly about humor, Seal and the financial crisis.

Germany's most beautiful export is also the most popular: all of America is wild about Heidi Klum. Also in German TV, the model now with the new season of "Germany's Next Top Model" again pulls everyone in with her charm. An interview with TV Digital:

TV: You search just for the fourth time for a new German top model. Hand on your heart, are you bored of the beauty?

HK: Where do you come up with that? I am never bored with beauty. With other girls, it is incredibly exciting to watch. To whom do their eyes shine? Who is so good on the runway that everyone simply must see her again?

Do you have X-ray vision? How fast can you know the potential of a girl?

Immediately. After 15 years in this business you can see right away who has potential. In the beginning, my team always wonders when I say, "People, that looks super." Then, later, the crew sees that I am right.

This time, the girls spend a lot more time away in foreign lands. Do they speak good English?

Shouldn't they by the time they reach this age? The majority, however, can't. I am astonished when a 21-year-old struggles with the words and can't put a sentence together in English.

Do they also have trouble with German sometimes?

That's right. When a model says something like, "Zack, die Bohne" [?], I don't know where to begin.

All of America has "Heidi Klum Fever". How does it feel to be a German ambassador?

German ambassador? I find it nice. But I don't feel like I am. I don't really think about what my work means for Germany. I look forward and back and think about future projects.

Do you serve the American market differently than the German market?

No, not really. But I am naturally happy with my success in the USA. There I have had much luck. My TV show "Project Runway" runs in it's fifth year.

[i think there is a page or two missing from the article.]

I am conservative about that. I don't borrow any money, and I only give out what I have. Because of that, things go good for me with the money I earn.

How long do you want to stand in front of the camera for two large casting-shows?

Certainly not forever. That has nothing to do with lacking power or desire. Sometime, the audience will get tired of seeing my face. Then someone must take over for me. But, this season will not be the last. It still gives many beautiful girls that must be discovered.

Do you have any worries that the "Top Model" winner will take away your top ranking?

No, I would be happy for that. There would be no one quite like Heidi Klum. Just like there won't be a second Claudia Schiffer.

Is there something you can't do?

I am not a good actress. I can not cry at the touch of a button or play in a dramatic scene. One must unconditionally want that.

But you always wanted to be a model?

No. It was not a dream of mine to become a model. I had fun when I applied for Thomas Gottschalk and my parents never told me to stay away from it. By chance, I won the show, but I never fought for it. Perhaps it just worked out because I wasn't so stressed about it.

Then why should the girls of "Top Model" fight and do everything to win?

Because they signed up for a competition. And because it is hard to get a foot in this business. I know when I was in New York, I did not immediately make noise. I didn't want to return again to Germany with my head down. I took it upon myself to stay a few more weeks and try further. It is always a mistake to do an about-turn straight from the landing.

What had Heidi Klum wanted to become when not a model?

A designer or dancer. I had danced for 15 years and I loved it. But I was not good enough. Realistically, the only thing for me to become was a designer. A school for fashion design in Dusseldorf had accepted me. A few months after my Abitur [final exam to graduate high school] I was supposed to start there.

You often seem carefree and candid, like a "model from next door".

I like that: model from next door!

And you were very wild in public about your first meeting with Seal at a fitness studio and his "whole package".

That is a different interpretation than what I meant. When one finds someone to be good, you'd say that person has the "whole package". That does not go under the waistline! About the sequence of my judgment, I don't always think that. I am not a robot.

Is humor your recipe for success?

One is either humorous or not. I am it - and I can also pretend to be bad. Everyone has success in their own style and manner. Just like in love. The people break their heads, it goes so good with us. Or how I become so thin after the birth of my children. For all these things, there is no universal recipe.