Bellazon

Boxing

i cant believe they stopped that fight with cotto and chop chop i think cotto was on his way to knocking him out but the fight was definately stopped prematurely

Word. That stoppage was foul. :mad: However, Corley showed in the 3rd round of that fight that Cotto does have a suspect chin, which leads me to believe that he wouldn't have a shot in hell against either Arturo "Thunder" Gatti or "Pretty Boy" Floyd Mayweather Jr. :no: Zab would probably take Cotto out in a fight, and just imagine what Tszyu WOULD DO TO HIM!!! :whistle: I tought Cotto might be the real thing, but now he looks more like hype than anything else.

i cant believe they stopped that fight with cotto and chop chop i think cotto was on his way to knocking him out but the fight was definately stopped prematurely

Word. That stoppage was foul. :mad: However, Corley showed in the 3rd round of that fight that Cotto does have a suspect chin, which leads me to believe that he wouldn't have a shot in hell against either Arturo "Thunder" Gatti or "Pretty Boy" Floyd Mayweather Jr. :no: Zab would probably take Cotto out in a fight, and just imagine what Tszyu WOULD DO TO HIM!!! :whistle: I tought Cotto might be the real thing, but now he looks more like hype than anything else.

i looked at it as that he got hit with a very hard clean shot that in most fights people dont get hit with and he was clearly knocked out off his feet, and he still got his composer back and in the next round was back to normal i think that says a lot about a young fighter expecially. i truthfully think that most people would have gone down after a punch like that. just because your not a power puncher doesnt mean that at the right angle you cant knock someone out with one punch. ask roy jones, glen johnson is not a power puncher by any means but at the right angle he cleaned roys clock. i was impressed with the fact that he lasted over 2 minutes after that punch and regained his legs and in the next round fought his ass off again. i personally think that says alot about a fighter. he has heart and sometimes a suspect chin will not outweigh a big heart. even though i really dont think that cotto has a bad chin by any means. judah would have danced his way to the floor if he had been hit with that punch, just ask Kostya

i looked at it as that he got hit with a very hard clean shot that in most fights people dont get hit with and he was clearly knocked out off his feet, and he still got his composer back and in the next round was back to normal i think that says a lot about a young fighter expecially. i truthfully think that most people would have gone down after a punch like that. just because your not a power puncher doesnt mean that at the right angle you cant knock someone out with one punch. ask roy jones, glen johnson is not a power puncher by any means but at the right angle he cleaned roys clock. i was impressed with the fact that he lasted over 2 minutes after that punch and regained his legs and in the next round fought his ass off again. i personally think that says alot about a fighter. he has heart and sometimes a suspect chin will not outweigh a big heart. even though i really dont think that cotto has a bad chin by any means. judah would have danced his way to the floor if he had been hit with that punch, just ask Kostya

Roy Jones got KO'd in the 8th round I believe. Glen Johnson put together a combination to knock Roy down. Plus, Roy took a lot of punishment in that fight as well. If Corley would have threw more shots to the head instead of going to the body, we probably would have KO'd Cotto in that round. If that was Kostya, Mayweather, Gatti, or Judah, they wouldn't have gave Miguel a chance to recover. Either way, what's done is done.

According to Bob Arum, Miguel Cotto's next fight will take place on June 18th in NYC. An opponent has not been determined as of yet. Corley wants a rematch, but that is unlikely. Another possible opponent is Vivian Harris, but Bob Arum says that fight is unlikely as well. http://www.fightnews.com/avila-planas49.htm

Btw, I never seen Vivian Harris fight. Has anybody seen him fight? If you have, please describe to me what kind of fighter he is.

that would be nice to see cotto against harris by the way i think cotto will be a lot smarter for his next fight. he was fighting like a brawler and that is not his style at all. i think he was just trying to impress his fans and gave corley to many chances to hit him.

Castillo handled his business. He won by TKO over Juan Diaz in the 10th round. As a result, the Castillo-Diego Corrales fight, which would take place on May 7th, is in the works. Castillo can win that fight if he stays close to Corrales and pounds his body. Corrales needs to use his height and(probably) longer arm length to his advantage. He needs to use his jab to stop Castillo from trying to get close to him. Just keep Castillo at the edge of his punches. However, Corrales, despite of his height and loner arm length over most of the fighters he faces, he often likes to fight on the inside. That can prove to be costly to Corrales if he fights Castillo that way, who punches hard and works well to the body.

I followed Corrales for most of his career, so I'm most likely to root for him. Props to the 916, Sac-Town!!! ;)

did you see the contender.  if you didnt it is bad ass.  a must see.

No, I didn't see it. It came on at like 9:30PM, right? From 9PM to 10PM, I was watching "24", and that's my favorite show on TV.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! :D Just when everybody thought the Mayweather-Gatti fight might not happen, Top Rank and Main Events finally reached at deal. Some location, different date. In order to accommodate Gatti training schedule, the fight date has been changed from June 11th to June 25th. :drool: However, I don't see how Gatti can win this fight, unless he knocks Mayweather out. Mayweather is hard to hit as it is. Mayweather ain't exactly ain't a soft puncher, either. He won't knock out Gatti with one shot, but if he puts his punches together, he might be able to drop Gatti with a good combination. Gatti gonna have to brawl against Mayweather. Buddy McGirt has done a good job turning Gatti into a boxer-puncher, but nobody in the game can outbox Mayweather. He has so much skill, and he is blessed with speed in his hands and footwork. I mean, look what Mayweather did to Diego Corrales. :whistle: Corrales, who is regarded by most boxing fans as the best lightweight out there, got his ass beat when he went against Mayweather. He made Corrales look like a chump!!! :o

Well, sha, even though I wanna see that fight, I won't be surprised at all if Mayweather wins a unanimous decision. And who knows, Mayweather maybe, just maybe, might be able to KO Gatti, even though I doubt that would happen. However, should Mayweather win, I wonder what would be next for him. Their is a lot of talent in the super lightweight and welterweight divisions. Miguel Cotto is the WBO super lightweight champion, and is scheduled to fight June 11th at MSG. Gianluca Branco, Junior Witter, and Kendall Holt is on the list of possible opponents. Of course, Kostya Tszyu, who is the IBF super lightweight champion, would be a good opponent for Mayweather. However, I doubt that would happen, since Tszyu will probably fight Oscar De La Hoya neat the end of this year, given that Tszyu beat Ricky Hatton on June 4th. As far as the welterweights go, both Cory Spinks and Zab Judah are in that weight group. Judah has expressed interest in fighting either Gatti or Mayweather. When it looked like the Gatti-Mayweather fight was dead, Judah called out Gatti. Go here to read all about it:

http://www.fightnews.com/page2.shtml

Personally, I think Cotto needs a few more fights before he steps up to a fighter like Mayweather or any of the fighters mentioned above. Maybe he should fight Sharmba Mitchell so he would learn how to fight a slick boxer. Cory would be a good matchup for Mayweather, especially since both have good boxing skills and are fast. However, Mayweather brings some power to the table, and that is why I would Mayweather to win that fight if it ever went down. However, If Mayweather fought Zab Judah, now that fight I would LOVE TO SEE!!! :drool: Both fighters have quick hands and footwork. Zab probably has an edge in power, and Mayweather probably has an edge as far as skills are concerned. If that fight went down, who would you go for, Sha?! :pinch: Who do you despise more?! :trout:

GRRRRRRRRRRRREAT FIGHT!!! :D The 14,000 capacity crowd at the MGM Grand and the millions watching across the country got THEIR'S MONEY WORTH!!! :yes: Erik Morales stuck to his game plan, picked his spots, and beat Manny Pacquiao to the punch. You are supposed to box a brawler, and that is exactly what Morales did. Still, they got in some heated exchanges, and Pacquiao never gave up. They hurted one another numerous times during the fight. Morales won by unanimous decision, but don't let that fool you. All three judges scorecards were 115-113, seven rounds to five.

In closing, these warriors gave the fans what they wanted. :cool: Another great fight for Morales, who won the fight, fair and square, and I would LOVE TO SEE A REMATCH!!! :drool: Even though, we still have a long year ahead of us, I don't think ANY OTHER FIGHT THIS YEAR COULD SURPASS THAT FIGHT!!! :no:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just me and you, sha. Anyway, May 7th is coming up, so Castillo-Corales is coming up, so we should see a good fight very soon. Ruiz is fighting Toney this upcoming weekend, but that ain't nothing to get excited about. The Heavyweight division totally sucks now. <_<

• 3 weeks later...
i cant believe that tito retired again

i just think he under estimated wright.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's possible, but since Tito was talking about KOing Wright, that pretty much shows me that he knew that is the only way he was gonna win that fight. Tito proved ultimately to be a one-dimensional fighter who can't beat skillful boxers. He lost to Bernard Hopkins, a skillful boxer, and would have lost to De La Hoya if he didn't run the last 3 rounds. Wright proved why everybody has been dodging him for so long. I don't care if it was 147 or whatever, Wright still would have been the victor. YOU JUST CAN'T HIT THE GUY CLEAN!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRREAT FIGHT!!! :D The 14,000 capacity crowd at the MGM Grand and the millions watching across the country got THEIR'S MONEY WORTH!!! :yes: Erik Morales stuck to his game plan, picked his spots, and beat Manny Pacquiao to the punch. You are supposed to box a brawler, and that is exactly what Morales did. Still, they got in some heated exchanges, and Pacquiao never gave up. They hurted one another numerous times during the fight. Morales won by unanimous decision, but don't let that fool you. All three judges scorecards were 115-113, seven rounds to five.

In closing, these warriors gave the fans what they wanted. :cool:  Another great fight for Morales, who won the fight, fair and square, and I would LOVE TO SEE A REMATCH!!! :drool: Even though, we still have a long year ahead of us, I don't think ANY OTHER FIGHT THIS YEAR COULD SURPASS THAT FIGHT!!! :no:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I WAS WRONNNNNNG!!! :o The Diego Corrales-Jose Luis Castillo was not just FIGHT OF THE YEAR!!! That was a FIGHT FOR THE AGES!!! Corrales won a fight that favored Castillo. He fought most of that fight on the inside:confused: :wacko:, and when Castillo knocked him down for the 2nd time in the 10th round, Corrales CAME BACK TO TKO CASTILLO!!! I think Tony Weeks made a good stoppage. STILL, PROPS TO BOTH WARRIORS!!! I was rooting for Corrales. Hey, he is from THE WEST COAST!!! MAYN, I :heart: :boxing:!!!