Bellazon

Gemma Ward
Thumbnail

rosada

1788 = Captain Arthur Phillip, commander of the First Fleet of eleven convict ships from Great Britain (& the first Governor of New South Wales) arrived at Sydney Cove on 26 January and raised the Union Jack to signal the beginning of the colony.

Did I pass the history test??

My net connection has been soooooooooooo slow lately so haven't net much. But I heard that Miss Gemma spent her V day in Perth doing driving lessons.

I'm sure there are photos floating about somewhere....

1788 = Captain Arthur Phillip, commander of the First Fleet of eleven convict ships from Great Britain (& the first Governor of New South Wales) arrived at Sydney Cove on 26 January and raised the Union Jack to signal the beginning of the colony.

Did I pass the history test??

My net connection has been soooooooooooo slow lately so haven't net much. But I heard that Miss Gemma spent her V day in Perth doing driving lessons.

I'm sure there are photos floating about somewhere....

YOU PASSED AND I HOPE THAT GEMMA DOES TOO :)

The Black Balloon staring Gemma Ward wins Berlin Film Festival award

February 21st, 2008

Gemma Ward has been spotted around Sydney looking rather unmodel-like in a “tres dorky” outfit. rumour has it it’s because she’s due to walk down the red carpet for the Sydney premier of her first movie, The Black Balloon, on Wednesday.

The coming of age movie staring Gemma Ward, Toni Collette, Rhys Wakefield, and Luke Ford won a Crystal Bear award for best feature by the Generation14plus section’s jury of young film buffs at the recent Berlin Film Festival.

“We were especially impressed by the way in which joyous and serious moments were expertly interwoven, and also by the actors’ excellent performances,” the jury said.

“The reception we’ve had at the Berlinale (film festival) has been overwhelming and we’re really thrilled the audiences have loved the film so much,” said writer-director Elissa Down.

The Black Balloon is set to hit Australian cinemas on March 6, with a US release not yet on the cards.

I feel so proud for her.

PS- The premiere will be next Wednesday night in Sydney if I'm not mistaken...