Bellazon

Gemma Ward
Thumbnail

rosada

yeah they were. they've been seen holding hands all around australia together. and they were photographed having dinner together just last night in NYC.

OH MY GOD... hard times

:|

I thought this was just a stupid gossip (that they were together).

:|

It must be hard for Gemma right now, maybe Heath was her first boyfriend "for real" if you know what I mean.

But maybe the sadness caused by a fail of his realtionship with Michelle was too big to handle for him :(

it hasn't been confirmed whether or not they were dating- but i know for a fact that they were very close friends since they pretty much grew up together & around each other's families. i just hope she can pull through this @ such a tough time. many are concerned for those that were friends of his also, how they will take it.

it's just still so hard to contemplate.

... "Most recently, the 28-year-old "10 Things I Hate About You" star was romantically linked to another Perth-born beauty, 19-year-old supermodel Gemma Ward. The pair was sighted together in Sydney last December — however, Gemma also resides in New York City (where Ledger, too, had a home base).

A close hometown friend of Gemma had not spoken to her since the tragic events unveiled but said she was "deeply concerned" about how the young model would handle the news.

"They have a lot in common — they were both shining stars in their small Perth-based community," said the friend (who did not want to be named). "I can't believe it and I am really worried for Gemma. She will be devastated."

Ledger reportedly gave guidance to Gemma through the filming of her first feature late last year, "The Black Balloon" alongside Toni Collette."

Thats so.....sad :no:

Yesterday I thought they confirmed that it was accidental?

" It included a frantic call to former "Full House" star Mary-Kate Olsen, a massage therapist desperately trying to wake him and a maid who was in Ledger's bedroom in the moments before he died.

Police said Ledger probably died sometime between 1 p.m. and 2:45 p.m. on Tuesday of what authorities say may have been an accidental drug overdose.

Authorities found six different types of prescription drugs in Ledger's apartment, including pills to treat insomnia and anxiety, according to law enforcement officials. Three of the drugs were prescribed in Europe.

A rolled-up $20 bill was also found on the floor near the Australian actor's bed, but lab tests detected no traces of drug residue. Police also said no illegal drugs were found in the apartment.

Ledger's housekeeper, Teresa Solomon, at 1 p.m., went to his bedroom to change a light bulb, and heard him snoring. At 2:45 p.m., masseuse Diana Wolozin showed up for her massage appointment with Ledger, who didn't answer when she knocked on his door.

She proceeded to grab his cell phone and call his friend Olsen, whose number is programmed into the phone. Olsen, who also lives in Manhattan but was in California at the time, responded by saying she would

Advertisement

send over her private security guards to help deal with the situation. In the ensuing moments, Wolozin realized that Ledger might be dead, and called 911."

:( This is so depressing

Tearful Gemma Spotted at Heath's Memorial

gemmaward08012601wx6.jpg

Gemma Ward, the woman most recently linked to Heath Ledger, paid tribute to the late actor on Saturday.

The Aussie model, whose eyes appeared to be swollen from crying, was spotted leaving the Westwood Village Memorial Park and Mortuary in L.A. (above), following a private service for the Brokeback Mountain star. It's the first time Gemma has been seen in public since Heath was found dead in his New York apartment on Tuesday.

The 20-year-old, who is from Heath's hometown of Perth, Australia, had spent time with the star in Perth over the Christmas holidays. Heath's former flame Naomi Watts, 39, ex-fiancee Michelle Williams, 27, and his Candy co-star Abbie Cornish, 25, also attended the service. Heath's parents and sister flew in from Australia for the memorial service, and are expected back in Perth this week for Heath's funeral.

pagesix