Bellazon

Nina Agdal
Thumbnail

Fox News interview:

You may not know the name Nina Agdal, but this time last year, you had probably never heard of Kate Upton, either.

That will likely change this Sunday, when the 20-year-old Danish model will make a splash in a commercial for Carl’s Jr./Hardee’s new charbroiled Atlantic cod fish sandwich, set to air during the Super Bowl.

“It’s delicious,” Agdal told FOX411.com exclusively about Carl’s Jr./Hardee’s new sandwich. “The great thing about it is that it’s not fried, it’s under 500 calories and it’s a great alternative to a regular burger.”

Like Kim Kardashian, Padma Lakshmi – and yes, Upton – before her, Agdal certainly knows how to pique interest in foodstuffs.

“It’s just me in a bikini, hanging out in Maui, Hawaii, and I brought my fish sandwich,” Agdal said of the new ad. “I’m just hanging out on the beach, and this guy comes up – and I think I’m rejecting him – even though he’s really cute and sunburned.”

After Carl’s Jr./Hardee’s announced that Agdal would star in their Super Bowl ad, the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue 2012 rookie of the year quickly gained 26,000 Twitter followers in less than 12 hours.

“It’s crazy – my Twitter is blowing up,” she marveled. “The reaction has been very, very positive.”

While Agdal will be appearing in an ad during the Super Bowl, she’s not exactly crazy about the NFL. “The thing is, I’ve never, ever watched football,” the Dane confessed. “I went to my first football game when I moved to Miami two years ago. I guess I’ll have to watch it more to get into it. But I am not a big fan of football – I am more of a basketball girl.”

With her Carl’s Jr./Hardee’s ad premiering this Sunday, Agdal will be forced to watch at least some football this weekend. “I’m definitely going to watch the Super Bowl – not just because of my commercial – but because it is a big tradition here. You have to be a part of it, so I’m going to join the club.”

And Agdal, who is currently single, is planning on keeping her Super Bowl plans low-key. “I’m inviting some of my girlfriends over while I’m here in L.A. to watch it. It’ll be a small group with some great food – that’s my plan.”

Lots of buzz around Nina

The Danish beauty who may beat out Miss Alabama to win the cover of Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue: Stunning Nina Agdal hot favourite to be cover girl!

http://www.dailymail...l#axzz2JoWssYmH

And in this poll she is still neck and neck with Kate

http://coedmagazine....evealed-photos/

Xenia is not even confirmed to be in the magazine, so she's not even a contender for the cover, as far as we know she went to the castings for SI but didn't get it. SI will put in the cover who ever they think it will sell more magazines, so it is based solely on popularity because you know, popular girls sell more