Bellazon

Tara Lynn
Thumbnail

frenchkiki

• 2 weeks later...

video for Vogue.it

Link to the video & interview

http://www.vogue.it/en/vogue-curvy/glam-an...10/04/tara-lynn

With her shapely figure, Tara has captured the attention of the magazines and the photographers. A little insight into her

Name

Tara Lynn.

Famous for

Being a plus size model.

What they say about her

She has been photographed for The Size Issue for V Magazine.She has conquered the front pages of French Elle, with a twenty page article.

Zoom

She graduated with a degree in languages and speaks fluent French and Arabic and she also knows a bit Spanish thanks to matters of love.Her boyfriend is in fact half Spanish, half Venezuelan and owns a small restaurant in Seattle which specializes in Latino dishes. Tara adores his tapas and his Cuban bocadillos.She travels a lot with work, something which she loves, but she really misses her friends. She does a lot of Yoga.

Favourite City

Madrid.

Favourite Food

Anything organic. She loves to cook at home.

Favourite drink

Martini.

Favourite band

Radiohead and Smashing Pumpkins. When she is in New York she also goes to clubs to listen to live music.

Favourite book

Hamlet.

Favorite shop

Re-Dress, Brooklyn.

Favourite Designers

She loves Bulgari but recently she's gone mad over Christian Dior. Of course she adores Marina Rinaldi, who was the first brand to really appreciate the shape of curvy women.

Personal Style

She likes to wear comfortable clothes. During the day she wears flat shoes or trainers but in the evening she prefers to put on heels. Her favorite piece of clothing is a simple H&M dress.

Style Icon

She doesn't have one.

First thing in the morning

She has a substantial breakfast

Last thing before bed

She brushes her teeth.

Relationship status

She is going out with Alejandro, with whom she loves to visit Venezuela to visit his family.

Lives in

Seattle

post-19830-0-1445990390-51883_thumb.jpg post-19830-0-1445990390-55451_thumb.jpg post-19830-0-1445990390-58888_thumb.jpg post-19830-0-1445990390-65466_thumb.jpg post-19830-0-1445990390-68034_thumb.jpg post-19830-0-1445990390-68613_thumb.jpg post-19830-0-1445990390-70343_thumb.jpg post-19830-0-1445990390-72103_thumb.jpg

thank u Joelle-Squared @ tfs

Tara is shooting with Patrick Demarchelier for Glamour US!!!! :clap:

• 2 weeks later...

Tara was on the Sept à Huit French tv show yesterday

http://videos.tf1.fr/sept-a-huit/l-emissio...10-5837099.html

The whole thing is in French but if u pay attention u can hear what she says in English. She is so beautiful & adorable :heart: I think I am falling in love :wub:

She said that she went to a casting for VS (No! Not VS tara! You worth so much than that!) and all the panties were way to small for her hips. :laugh: Of course since they don't like women at VS! :mad:

Here is an interview from Seattle magazine (thanks to Joelle squared at tfs)

When I first flipped through V Magazine’s “Curves Ahead” plus-size photoshoot in January 2010, I was struck by the images. It was the first fashion spread I’d seen where the models—Candice Huffine, Marquita Pring, Michelle Olson, Tara Lynn, and Kasia P—were styled in real, fashion-forward clothing. There was no pandering, no hiding or camouflaging perceived figure flaws. No tips in the sidebar on “How to dress 10 lbs. thinner!” Instead, on display: Kohl eyeliner, red lips, windblown hair, and, yes…unapologetic belly rolls. Fuller thighs. Plump, sumptuous arms. Could it be? Is what is regarded as “beautiful” becoming a little more inclusive?

One need only to refer to Glamour’s “the woman on page 194” model Lizzie Miller, and the overwhelmingly positive publicity the photo generated to see just how much consumers are enjoying seeing these less than conventionally perfect bodies in print. In the photo on page 194, Lizzie is seated in her underwear in a spread about feeling comfortable in your skin. She has an average-looking belly—one that isn’t completely flat. Reader comments on Glamour’s blog numbered in the thousands, the vast majority of them praising Glamour for printing a photo of a body many women can identify with. Subscriptions to Glamour skyrocketed. In response, Glamour is now including more fuller-figured models in their regular fashion photo shoots (i.e. not designating them to special spreads or separate online content, like Vogue Italia’s “Curve”.)

Locally, Seattle model Tara Lynn, co-owner of Capitol Hill’s Meza Latin Fare, has seen her career take off meteorically, too. Following V Magazine’s spread, Tara Lynn landed the cover and a twenty-page editorial spread in April’s French Elle.

When I walked into Tara Lynn’s agency for the interview last week, I was expecting to meet with a nearly six-foot tall glamazon. Instead, Tara Lynn sat swinging one a plastic bubble chair, make-up free except for a slick of hot pink lipstick, her hair worn down and wavy. She was dressed in a navy blue button-down shirtdress belted at the waist, and wore a pair of jeweled flats. She was shorter and much smaller than I expected—maybe 5’7”—and looked like any young girl you’d pass on the street, albeit uncommonly beautiful. She was warm and engaging the entire time we spoke, praising the French Elle photoshoot as thoroughly enjoyable, with a “warm lively energy”, and (perhaps the best part?) “a couple glasses of wine at lunch”. (The photoshoot can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/y8fkdjf)

A few questions with Tara Lynn:

How do you feel about the label “plus-size” as opposed to just being a regular model?

I personally don’t label anyone regular, straight, or plus. I’m not super fond of plus, but full-figured seems like a nice term. Rather than drawing a line saying you people wearing this size are here, and the rest of you are there, I’d rather use the term “full-figured” model, because it describes the shape of the body, as opposed to just a size.

What’s a misconception about full-figured modeling you’d like to dispel?

I don’t think “plus-size modeling” is taking off just because we, as a nation, are getting heavier and heavier. I think it’s more that we’re becoming more accepting of other forms of beauty. I also don’t think about my size as much as some people do—my job is just to show up, put on the clothes, and have my photo taken.

One commenter suggested that you’re rather petite and don’t really represent real “plus-sized” women. She also feels that calling you (a rather average-sized woman) “plus” casts more negativity—that women may think: “If Tara Lynn is plus-sized, what am I?”

That is sweet. Well, I definitely think I am “plus-sized”. I wear a 12 in tops, a 10 in my waist, and a size 14 on the bottom. Maybe that question is better aimed at women who are more in-between, like a size 10. I definitely have trouble finding clothes at the stores I would like to shop at, like J. Crew or Club Monaco.

So where do you like to shop in Seattle?

I don’t like to shop! I end up getting whatever fits my body whether I like it or not. I like vintage. I have vintage dresses that are perhaps a size 10, and maybe it was supposed to be worn loose but I wear it tight. I make do with what I can find. Also, buying vintage is a great ecological choice. I love to walk and I pop into downtown shops all over the place.

How did you get into modeling?

Two and a half years ago, I quit my job at a bank. I was going back to school--I signed up for an intensive Arabic class. The next day, I walked into Heffner [her agency] and thought I could pick up a side job modeling for money. I totally never expected this--the market just happens to be on the upward trend right now, opening up to diversity and shape and size.

What do you think about the pressures on smaller models to maintain what some believe to be an unnatural standard of thinness?

I think that really skinny girls, straight-size girls, get a lot of criticism. They get criticism if they’re not skinny enough, and that’s hard. My job is not too hard. I can eat ice-cream and go jogging. It’s really sad that so many girls turn to eating disorders because they’re not meant to be that size. But, I must also say that there are girls who are straight-size I’ve worked with who seem to eat the same amount of food that I eat. And sometimes they go for a 2nd dessert and I eat a half a dessert. It’s just how their body works. I don’t think the plus-size movement should mean that skinny girls should gain weight or anything. That’s not the case. The standard of beauty is just broadening. That’s a good thing.

Ah my lovely Tara :wub: Why are they trying to make you pose like a -boring- high fashion model?

And what happened to this adorable mole on her nose? Photoshop attack! :bellazon:

I feel a lot of Marilyn Monroe vibs on the fifth pic :kiss:

• 3 weeks later...