Bellazon

Which girls do you consider supermodels right now?

sweetandlow

:rofl: (Y) Tyra's better than a supermodel now. Now she's superbusiness woman :ninja: .

I just wanted to show a different perspective to the idea that you have to be walking the red carpet and known in the 4 corners ect. to be a supermodel. At the end of the day, it is a business, the objective of which is to make money. Just look at the money these are making. It may not be "super" in the same sense, but its super in its own right :ninja: .

Last Year's Earnings

1. Gisele - 35 million

2. Heidi - 14 million

3. Kate Moss - 7.5 million

4. Adriana Lima - 7 million

5. Doutzen - 6 million

6. Karolina - 5 million

7. Natalia Vadionova - 4.8 million

8. Carolyn Murphy - 4.5 million

9. Daria - 3.8 million

10. Miranda Kerr - 3.5 million

Gisele has gone on record saying she has no idea where forbes is getting it's figures from, because if she was making as much money as they say she is, then she really needs to be talking to her accountant, cause she's never seen the money.

Edit: Here's the quote...

The 27-year-old model also recently denied to GQ that she made the Forbes-quoted salary of $35 million last year. Gisele went on to say, Do you think [salary]’s important to me? Look, this is my job. I take pictures. There is no big deal. I would like to know who this reporter is finding out all of these amounts. And I would like him to talk to my accountant and figure out where is the cash that’s missing. Because I haven’t seen it.”

super model to me is:

tyra banks

linda evangelista

naomi campbell

laetitia casta

christy turlington

helena christensen

kate moss

claudia schiffer

top model to me is:

gisele bundchen

adriana lima

alessandra ambrosio

marissa miller

close to be a top model soon:

miranda kerr

doutzen kroes

supermodel right now:

no one, there is no super model right now

close to be a super model soon:

gisele bundchen

marissa miller

I never thought Gisele was getting that much. I mean 30milion a year is alot of dough. And last year she only had a handful of campaigns and stuff here and there. I would say she is maybe at like 15mil not that much. I mean there is no way she would earn more then actors out there and stuff. But yes i would say Gisele is the main supermodel right now. Dont forget Kate Moss. She still works and is recognised. I would say Miranda is the next Supermodel coming up. Sure she hasnt done heaps of HF stuff but she is recognised in the Fashion Industry as well as the general public is starting to know her. I think it depends on where your from too cause you walk up to any Australian and they know who Miranda is. She is huge here.

For me a supermodel is a model who reached fame thanks to her modeling (typically, not a model turned actress). Ideally, the model is on top of fashion modeling and commercial modeling, but this doesn't seem to be possible these days.

Do, the one who really fits those criteria is Gisele. IMO, she's the only one who has reached a full "supermodel" status in the past decade. Then of course I will add Kate and the 80-90s supermodels. I don't know what to think about KK. I never really figured out if she was really famous or not.

If I take only fame into consideration, I will add, Heidi, Tyra, Adriana, Marisa, maybe Bar ?

And Lara Stone a supermodel ? Certainly not. She's on top of the HF industry for sure, but nobody outside fashion models fans know who she is, and honestly, I don't know if she can appeal to everybody.

But yes iAnd last year she only had a handful of campaigns and stuff here and there.

I think the bulk of her money (not disputing she makes that much or doesn't make that much) but the bulk of her $ comes from her business. She owns a Hotel in Brazil, and also her sandal line Ipanema by Gisele (which is highly successful). Im sure that makes her alot right there. and when she does have a contract, is pays her well. I am assuming Colcci does, since she works consistently with them since 2005. :wave:

I agree w/ you crazyGen :D I only count models as Supermodels who are famous and adored by the fashion world. That's a rarity.

Generally, top models just have one or the other.

But yes iAnd last year she only had a handful of campaigns and stuff here and there.

I think the bulk of her money (not disputing she makes that much or doesn't make that much) but the bulk of her $ comes from her business. She owns a Hotel in Brazil, and also her sandal line Ipanema by Gisele (which is highly successful). Im sure that makes her alot right there. and when she does have a contract, is pays her well. I am assuming Colcci does, since she works consistently with them since 2005. :wave:

I agree w/ you crazyGen :D I only count models as Supermodels who are famous and adored by the fashion world. That's a rarity.

Generally, top models just have one or the other.

True ... Here in Venezuela you won't find any woman/girl/teen who doesn't have at least two or three pairs of those sandals

In my country, where no one gives a damn about models ... Gisele is just HUGE, she's a big celebrity here & i guess is the same in the rest of Latinamerica, she's an icon to 90% of woman & everyone knows her ... You don't even need to say her last name ... Tyra&Heidi are well know here too, but not as models ... People here knows Tyra&Heidi thanks to their TV shows, Gisele is the only one who is famous here thanks to her modeling work & she's the main reason why most of girls get into fashion

supermodel to me mean that models are famous for been model and everybody know who they are, even people that are not interest in fashion sitll know who they are. but not just cause a model is dating a celebrity or becomes an actress those model i don't considered them supermodel.