Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

I don't know. In 2013, many of the angels only got two outfits, including Adriana, Ale, Erin, Lindsay, Lily, and almost Behati (she only got three outfits because Lais got injured). It wouldn't surprise me if Doutzen only got two outfits this year since the new norm for angels seems to be getting two outfits.

As to after Adriana, Ale, and Doutzen leave, I don't think VS is in such a bad spot. Candice, Behati and Karlie will become the main angels and I think all three of them are memorable. A lot of people complain how the new crop of models doesn't have the household name quality like Gisele or Adriana have, but I think this is largely due to how the modeling industry has changed. It's not just that VS is looking in the wrong places for angels; there just aren't as many famous models, period.

What does bother me about VS' angel line up is the lack of diversity. I never understood why VS didn't sign Emanuela de Paula. She is gorgeous and charismatic, was featured in commercials around 2009, and her English is actually pretty decent.

I know I've stated this before but I have a soft spot for Lais, and with how they've used her over the past three years makes me believe that they were waiting on her to better her english in order to get a full contract. As of now, her English is just as fluent as Adriana's, and her accent is far more clear. I also believe they should add an Asian model and a readhead; however Asian models tend to stay in HF and model with VS for recognition and readheads with sex appeal are either in SI (Cintia) or they're barely relevant to the fashion world. As of now, I think VS would make a huge step by simply signing Lais to add some color and diversity.

I love Laís too (hence my username), but I don't think her English is on Adriana's level. I don't know if it is because she feels very nervous or if it's because she's not as fluent. I also agree about adding an Asian and/or a redhead and/or another girl from a minority ethnic group. To me it just doesn't make sense for a company like VS, that sells to an eclectic market do default on a group of models of the same ethnicity.

--

As to the other person's question. Laís was originally supposed to wear Behati's outfit for the Dangerous Liaisons segment, and Shanina's Angels in Bloom outfit.

Which outfits was supposed Lais wear last year and who wore them at the show?

I think there were 2. Worn by Shanina and Behati

post-18831-0-1446081606-32517_thumb.jpg post-18831-0-1446081606-35624_thumb.jpg

It was Behati's and this one from Shanina

post-18831-0-1446081606-3903_thumb.jpg

And yes, she was meant to open DL. I'm sure she'll get credited at the show again this year

For those wondering why Izabel retired in 2008...

What happened was that, three years ago, I decided not to renew my contract with Victoria's Secret. I was exclusively theirs for six years! My agency in New York was surprised with my decision, it was a shock to everyone. But I think a model needs to be a chameleon, reinvent themselves like it is in every profession. We have to be an inspiration for fans and customers of that brand ... and how could I inspire someone though I was stagnant? I had no where else to grow  nothing else to do there so I proposed to them a X number of annual working days, and no more absolute exclusivity. And of course, the fashion show which takes place every year! From there I came back doing fashion shows, doing editorials. Returned to happen as a model.

Glamour Magazine interview.

These are all of the confirmed models of the VSFS 2013 so far!

The Angels

Adriana Lima

Alessandra Ambrosio

Behati Prinsloo

Candice Swanepoel

Doutzen Kroes

Karlie Kloss

Lily Aldridge

Lindsay Ellingson

Other Models

9. Lais Ribeiro

10. Elsa Hosk

11. Barbara Fialho

12. Izabel Goulart

13. Jessica Hart

14. Sara Sampaio

15. Jourdan Dunn

16. Josephine Skiver

17. Ming Xi

18. Sigrid Agren

19. Caroline Brasch

20. Ieva Laguna

21. Martha Hunt

22. Jasmine Tookes

23. Devon Windsor

24. Hillary Rhoda

25. Bregje Heinen

26. Kelly Gale

27. Lauren Layne (Rumored)

28. Constance Jablonski

29. Magdalena Frackowiak

30. Toni Garrn (rumored)

31. Marloes Horst

32. Sui He

33. Maryna Linchuk

34. Cindy Bruna

35. Joan Smalls

36. Malaika Firth (Rumored)

37. Jac Jablonski

Posted edited. Please do not post information promoting yourself, for-profit sites, or your board, blog, website, social media, band/group and etc. ~PC

Edited by PinkCouture

For those wondering why Izabel retired in 2008...

What happened was that, three years ago, I decided not to renew my contract with Victoria's Secret. I was exclusively theirs for six years! My agency in New York was surprised with my decision, it was a shock to everyone. But I think a model needs to be a chameleon, reinvent themselves like it is in every profession. We have to be an inspiration for fans and customers of that brand ... and how could I inspire someone though I was stagnant? I had no where else to grow  nothing else to do there so I proposed to them a X number of annual working days, and no more absolute exclusivity. And of course, the fashion show which takes place every year! From there I came back doing fashion shows, doing editorials. Returned to happen as a model.

Glamour Magazine interview.

-edited-