Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Also Chrisman, VS continued to use Isabeli through 2000-2003, she even stared in a commercial with Adriana and Gisele in the summer of 2002. I don't understand the controversy over Isabeli either, because like I said Adriana started working for them when she was 16/17, KK when she was 16/17 but yet Isabeli caused all the commotion...I'll never understand that :(

Oh, sorry, I just meant they waited until 2003 to actually use Isabeli in the show, even though she (along with KK) was already becoming a Versace It girl.

Correction Adriana was 19, she was signed the week after the VSFS in 2000 which means she was 19 :) Not major just wanted to let you know. Gisele was signed the same year and is a year older than Adriana so she would have been already 20.
Really? Because she didn't do any major "Angel" work until late 2001. She wasn't even credited at the 2001 show and didn't wear wings in the catalog until 2002 AFAIK, so I just assumed she got signed in 2001.

Nope she was signed in the early summer of 2000, it was even said on a VH1 Special.

Taking that out of the fact too (which I'm not sure you would but who knows ) the math is there to support it as well. In 2000 she got a 3 year contract, took her to 2003, where she was signed to a bigger 5 year which took her to 08' when she renewed, and now she's up for renewal '13 :)

Also wings in the catalog, mean absolutely nothing. Commercials they mean nothing, wearing wings really doesn't symbolize anything.

Well I can post the video that says it specifically. It was a VH1 special on the angels tour, and it profiled each girl. As for Gisele I don't know, but I do KNOW and here is a back up that Dri was signed for 3 in 00, then renewed for 5 in 03 and again in 08. As for Gisele, I believe she left early so her contract has always been questioned. But Adriana, Gisele, and Ale are the only ones to ever hold a 5 year contract anyway.

Like I said, I'm willing to back up anything I say. I never say anything that hasn't been 100% confirmed by VS people on tv shows, articles and etc. Plus inside information. So I've got the video handy if you need the proof :) It confirms she was 16 when they first started shooting, and it also confirms she was "After her performance in Cannes Adriana was elevated to Angel status at Victoria's Secret"

Plus like I said, you can never ever judge if a girl is an angel by if she has worn wings like you said in your previous post...it means nothing. Most Angels actually don't even do their first launch (esp if they aren't American) for a while because once the girls are signed to VS they go through a program VS offers which they go to speech class and media training. So most likely that is why Adriana didn't do her first launch for a

while, which is pretty common.

Here is the vid :) I cut out the parts where Adriana was talking so it was just the information :)

I'm going to take a special on VH1 profiling the angels, and the execs speaking about each girl more credit, sorry. Also I would hardly call what you posted "credits" by any means. ESP when later on in the show, they profiled about 12-15 models. In no particular order. To me if they were crediting the angels, the angels would have been in order....like they always have been when they have gotten credited.

Using that "credits", that was filmed in late 2001, aired in late 2001...so she basically wasn't signed until 2002? I think not. Credits to me are scrolling names like they started in 2005, why would if they considered those credits, would they not have them then from that point on until 2005. Honestly I can't see how it's not completely obvious. Ed has said it, Monica has said it, Russell James have said it...all that she was signed in 2000. I think I'm going to take tv specials, and VS's execs and Russell's word over what someone might think as "credits" Also keep in mind most Angels are signed a year before they are really even introduced as Angels, Marisa was, Doutzen was, Miranda...all were signed and about 6-9 months later they were "introduced" as Angels. VS has never right away introduced an angel.

Anyway, I'm not going to argue over something as meaningless as when she got her Angel contract...when the info is everywhere, it's been stated on tv specials, VS execs, and Photographers have confirmed it on TV, and in articles. :)

Oh excuse me....OMG FREAK ATTACK! LOL

Anyway, for people who want to know

The models started working for the company before being contracted as Angels. Listed below are the years the current Angels started shooting and working for the company. Their first runway show for the company is the second year listed below. The years the models were contracted into Angels are listed above. Then where They were signed is listed after :)

* Heidi Klum – 1997, First Runway: 1997 Angel :1999

* Adriana Lima – 1998, First Runway: 1999 Angel :2000

* Alessandra Ambrosio – 2001, First Runway: 2000 Angel: 2004

* Miranda Kerr – 2005, First Runway: 2006 Angel: 2007

* Doutzen Kroes – 2004, First Runway: 2005 Angel: 2008

As previously stated commercials don't prove/confirm nothing. VS has put non angels and etc in their commercials for years, heck Ale was an Angel in 04...and she wasn't in the VS Christmas commercial? Does that mean she wasn't an angel...esp when they put other models in it??? Also if you want me to personally email/contact Jeff Madoff or one of his assistants asking why Adriana wasn't at the '01 shoot on that shoot I'm sure he'd be glad to respond, he usually does when asked questions...he's worked for VS for years, and is actually one of the ones that said she was signed in 2000 when I asked once...huh. (I've only emailed him once, but his team is usually very helpful) Also if you WANT to base things off commercials, she was in the '01 What is Sexy commercial (which was aired at Christmas as well) and if you want to use that loose and unreliable information on angel status by commercial (which not a good idea) this means she shot it in the summer of '01...so she def was an angel then and if that thing you call credits...then she should have been there...like I said using that, and commercials over a special that states specifically is really shaky and unreliable info. Heck she was the ONLY angel not in the very sexy makeup ad, didn't mean she wasn't an angel.

Goodness, I mean Ed has said it in interviews, it's been in articles and interviews about her and about VS, and it was in a SPECIAL ABOUT THE ANGELS. Adriana was signed in 2000 Right after the Cannes film festival, it's been said in articles by Forbes, Victoria's Secret, Execs by VS, in several VS specials it's been mentioned..it's obvious.

To me a special that clearly states that, where VS execs took part, it's been stated in articles and in her multiple biographies and such, or we should trust a Christmas commercial when Angels have been excluded from them before. Like I said Ale was signed as an angel early 04, but she wasn't in the Christmas commercial does that means she couldn't have been an angel? Seriously. Aww poor ale she wasn't in the 04 Christmas commercial her contract Probably wasn't real (chuckles)! You can do that with anything...why was KK given the bra in 02 when she wasn't an angel, and Gisele, Adriana, Heidi, and Tyra were...no one knows why VS does the things they do, they're unpredictable. But when it comes to contracts and speaking about them (when they do because it's very very rare) they are right on the money.

Anyway I'm not (like I said before) argue about something that is more obvious than the sun up in the sky. Better things to do than sit and laugh at people which is exactly what I'm doing...although it's been fun lol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a different note, it's almost July in a month or so and that means Christmas time!!! I'm so excited for this years Christmas stuff, one thing I hope they do is bring back is the little Santa outfits, they were SO cute.

What season of Christmas shoots did everyone like the best. IMO '04's Christmas catalog was gorgeous.

Laeticia, Gisele and Adriana: 20

Karolina and Izabel: 21

Selita: 22

Tyra, In�s and Doutzen: 23

Chandra, Miranda and Alessandra: 24

Yasmeen, Heidi: 26

Daniela: 27

Stephanie: 28

Marisa, Helena and Karen: 29

are those the ages of the models when they became angels or when they appear in the vsfs for their first time?

was chandra, yasmeen, rebecca romijin an angel? or just model for them?

Beside Adriana who was 19 at the time, it's all the ages of the girls when they became Angels.

Most were several years younger when they appeared in the catalog for the first time, or the runway. The "Angels" concept has only been around since 1998.

i have several question...

so adriana has been the youngest model to become an angel?

i read somewhere don't remember maybe here in bellazon that adriana became an angel in may 2001, which she would still be 19 cuz her b-day is in june.

when the model gets a contract with vs do they become angel? or are just a contract girl? well maybe adriana was just a contract girl in 2000 and became an angel in 2001, (im just assuming i am not saying this really happened)

i watched the vh1 video like 5 years ago, i did remember about saying that adri was 16 and that did not like her that she look like a baby and to send her home. did he really send her home? and waited till her coming back couple years to give her a contract? when did she officially started modeling for vs?

i wanted to know what is the youngest age to become an angel ? 18? 19? and is it 16 the youngest age to model for vs?

isabeli, adriana, karolina was really 16 years old when they started modelling for vs, why in the world would they make a big deal about isabeli been 16, and not make a big deal about adriana and karolina? first of all i want to clear up something adriana would have been the first model modeling at 16 in 1997 she was born in (1981) she is the oldest one and isabeli(1983) would been 16 in 1999 and karolina(1984) been 16 in 2000. so wouldn't it be a big deal with adri first, instead of isabeli, isabeli would not be first model modeling for them at 16 so i don't understand what is the big deal about isabeli, adri started modeling with vs at 16 first and then it was isabeli, so why would it be okay with adri modeling at 16 and not with isabeli, i could understand it with karolina cuz they probably changes their policies to let model to model at 16, after the whole problem with isabeli. and maybe they were okay with karolina modeling for them at 16 cuz vs probably updated their policy in the models ages or something.

Check the video I posted above. If you watch it, it will tell you. It clearly states she was signed as an Angel in 2000 after the Cannes Fashion Show...Maybe you heard May of 2000 (that seems awful early, but I know it was either June/July of 2000) Ed Razek, Monica Mitro, Russell James, Jeff Madoff and several other people have stated she was signed in 2000. Also Adriana was not a contract girl for 1 year...VS doesn't even offer contracts like this it's 3 or 5. Simple. Also I say it again this is in the video "Adriana's performance in the south of France elevated her to Angel status at Victoria's Secret" Aka summer of 2000. She was mainstream by 2001, which is average for an angel.

As for sending her home...no. He then continued to say (if you watch the video above) when the camera came on she just grew up. No Adriana began to work for the company in 1998, tried out for the show in 1998 but was told she was to young, she continued to work for them in 1999 when she scored her first commercial, and shot her first swimwear campaign for them, and in 1999 did her first fashion show for them in Feb.(when the shows use to take place) Then in 2000 she was made an angel after the show in Cannes, and started filming more and more commercials and campaigns and more frequent in the catalogs. In early 2001, she was mainstream she had really started "appearing" as an angel, though she had been one it usually takes about 6 months for a girl to really be seen by the public as an Angel (hence Miranda, Doutzen and others)

As for Isabeli, I think it was just the card she was delt. No one really had a problem with Dri, or KK but to be honest neither looked that young either. Isabeli tended to photograph younger so it might have been more noticeable. Who knows. I do know now they won't allow anyone under the age of 18 do the show, simply because when CBS overtook the show in 2002 (use to belong to ABC) they told VS that the girls had to be over 18, hence why Emanuela wasn't in it for a couple years.