Bellazon

Atheists & Schizoid Personality Disorder

schadenfreude

The IQ test measures nothing.

I am very convinced that at least 70% of the population can be considered as smart, if only they had been given the right education.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

IQ tests measures the ability to do well IQ tests. A proper IQ test is designed so that a person needs intelligence to do well.

Education makes people wiser, not more intelligent (education has only minor influence on intelligence).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Intelligence isn't necessary to do well in intelligence tests, take the WAIS-VR, it includes activites of a non-verbal nature, including block design and puzzle construction.

Standard IQ tests employ Ravens Progessive Matrices, though that'd be a weaker argument, I do believe that a low level of intelligence is needed to complete it. Except the last few questions of Task E <_<

Block design activites are in most, if not all IQ tests now. They measure how fast a person can build a shape with blocks, that doesn't necessarily involve a lot of intelligence.

I'd be more inclined to say education gives people knowledge, but wisdom is earnt by interacting with the world, and is something that can be gained outside of education.

Just my opinion though.

Being critical is never important :rofl: j/k

As a scholar, it is important

but sometimes you just have kick back and chill, and take off the scholar hat and put on the party cap! :fun: <--- wait no, that's the dunce cap :laugh:

I just don't like how everyone gobbles everything up from anywhere. Hell girls trust the quizzes in their girly magazines and sure enough they suddenly lable themselves and change their behaviour. All based on some crappy article!!! That's when it's good to be wise :)

Being critical is never important :rofl: j/k

As a scholar, it is important

but sometimes you just have kick back and chill, and take off the scholar hat and put on the party cap! :fun: <--- wait no, that's the dunce cap :laugh:

I just don't like how everyone gobbles everything up from anywhere. Hell girls trust the quizzes in their girly magazines and sure enough they suddenly lable themselves and change their behaviour. All based on some crappy article!!! That's when it's good to be wise :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Amen! :laugh:

• 7 months later...

Why not have an open mind, instead of passing everyhting off as bullshit right away and proving the article right. I'm sure all the people who dissagree with this article are athiest or agnostic. Have a little faith.

The problem I have with this isn't the theory so much. It's that he's basing it on his "observations" of some people, which is a bad idea. Like Ed said, carry out an experiment...see the results. He'll never be able to observe everyone of each group but if he studies a large enough sample size, he could come up with some significant results (in either direction).

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know what to believe any more

All I know is that going to church just to save your ass is bull. I use to go to one and I hated that I knew a lot of people that shouldn't be there because right after church they would go and do everything they knew was wrong.. and they didn't like going - they went because they "had too".

I wouldn't consider myself athiest, but I hate what religion has made people do in history time and time again. That's why I usually don't like sticking my nose into it, it's like a time boom ready to blow - much too sensitive of an issue.

I say respect people's beliefs and let it go. If people don't want to believe, leave them alone and if they do - all the power to them. Beliefs are a personal thing.

A mormon came to my door today :laugh: ... I think it's kind of funny now that I think of it being that I'm in this thread.

All I know is that going to church just to save your ass is bull. I use to go to one and I hated that I knew a lot of people that shouldn't be there because right after church they would go and do everything they knew was wrong.. and they didn't like going - they went because they "had too".

I wouldn't consider myself athiest, but I hate what religion has made people do in history time and time again. That's why I usually don't like sticking my nose into it, it's like a time boom ready to blow - much too sensitive of an issue.

I say respect people's beliefs and let it go. If people don't want to believe, leave them alone and if they do - all the power to them. Beliefs are a personal thing.

A mormon came to my door today :laugh: ... I think it's kind of funny now that I think of it being that I'm in this thread.

so which Mormon church are you joining? :laugh:

so which Mormon church are you joining? :laugh:

the non Mormon one .. you know, not going to church at all

• 2 months later...
Posted by someone at a Christian Forum.

Atheists & Schizoid Personality Disorder

"In my work as a school councillor I have met many young people, and

often their parents, of different beliefs and different problems. I will not

state my specific place of work, as the secular public school system

makes that exposure a threat to my job once I publicize this message; I

hope you understand. I have generally noticed that the people, students

and parents alike, who are non-religious or explicitly atheist more often

tend to act different in general than faithful Christians, and not just in terms

of adherence to morals, mind you. The deliberate non-believers often are

generally less expressive with their face and voice; they don't seem to care

much when authorities or peers speak well or badly of them, as they

attribute it to the traits of the person(s) that speaks of them, not one's self;

they are distrustful of others, especially authorities, who are usually the

most trustworthy of all people; they tend to keep things to themself, both

incriminating and innocent, and especially things that are pleasurable (not

just socially-unacceptable pleasures, mind you) and/or powerful (not just

socially-unacceptable powers, mind you, such as having an illegal

weapon); they reject involvement in their pleasures and pursuits by their

neighbors, especially their parents, who should be involved most of all,

and they do not use their facial expression, tone of voice, or words to

express their joys with others, except for the occasional scrunch-browed

smile that they are clearly trying to 'hold in'. Those are classical traits of

schizoid personality disorder, which is classified by the number 301.20 in

the DSM-IV, which is the official reference for psychological disorders.

Schizoids are supposedly often the relatives of schizophrenics, though I

have not personally noticed such a pattern, but in any case, schizoid

character is a type of insanity, but unlike schizophrenia it is an aspect of

the soul. So far as I've seen, only atheists have those traits, as

distinguished from unorthodox Christians, Muslims, Jews, and deists. I

therefore belief that ALL people that believe in a single all-powerful God

will be sent to heaven during the tribulation, though those that do not

accept the nicene creed must face trials of purification in purgatory."

I as a spiritual person can't absorb this. I am a Buddhist, and in

ways I am seen as an atheist. As an atheist I can only say from my

heart that with each and every human being on this planet I know to give

respect even with indifference. I as an atheist can't think like you do. One

person isn't less of value to this world. We live each day like it's our last

day. We want to be of importance to others, and for ourselves.

I have many christian/jewish friends, and I know for a fact that they don't

speak of words like you do, spewing of bigotry. You want to send a positive

and strong message about your religion then teach them about life, to understand

friendliness, love and compassion just like what the bible teaches. Your

information about atheists linked to schizoid is mear personal opinion. I like

to know where you found your source.....it would be interesting to read .....

"Be compassionate. Be a messanger that delivers compassion to everyone-

not through some esoteric practice, but through the kindness of your eyes."

--THE BUDDHA