Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

5 minutes ago, jkjk said:

There are so many reasons the second wave could be worse.

A number of northern hemisphere countries need the break that could come from the hot weather, the virus won't go away, but even a slight reduction in spread would help. It's hard to be sure if that will happen. The virus spread in the southern hemisphere during summer, but it's spreading more now that it's cooler. I don't know if anyone can be sure if the temperature had anything to do with the change.

The downside would be that people think it's over and when the cold weather returns things get bad quickly. I'm not sure you even need mutation for that to happen, but mutation would be worse.

I guess time will tell. :idk:

I forgot to say that we still need to take risks though cause the economy being shut down isn't good either.

Need to figure out a way to be cautious and still have the economy open.

I don't trust the government to do that though with all their dumbass bickering and games they're playing.

4 minutes ago, Stromboli1 said:

Need to figure out a way to be cautious and still have the economy open.

It's the problem with extremes. The conversation had been portrayed as only two extreme options, open everything with no rules or guidelines or keep everything closed until the virus goes away. Neither are realistic.

That should have never been the conversation though, but it's a world of extremes ruling the world now. Armed protesters storming a state capital would not have been accepted in the past, but now it's okay because extremes are the norm now.

8 minutes ago, jkjk said:

It's the problem with extremes. The conversation had been portrayed as only two extreme options, open everything with no rules or guidelines or keep everything closed until the virus goes away. Neither are realistic.

That should have never been the conversation though, but it's a world of extremes ruling the world now. Armed protesters storming a state capital would not have been accepted in the past, but now it's okay because extremes are the norm now.

Of course............... a lot of things are hyper partisan now with the sane and rational options not being considered.

19 minutes ago, jkjk said:

I'm waiting for Trump's taxes to be released in December after he wins in November.   :smile:

I think that's just a ploy he'd use to his advantage cause the FBI has already looked into his taxes or his taxes implicate other big name governmental people.

Conspiracy theories gotta love them. :nicole: