Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

Just now, Stromboli1 said:

I say take what you can get cause shit here is politically motivated to keep certain cities shut down while the data suggests otherwise. :chicken:

I'll wait, there's too much money on the line and the franchises/cities know that :chicken:

1 minute ago, Matt! said:

I'll wait, there's too much money on the line and the franchises/cities know that :chicken:

Certain politicians won't give a fuck about that in my opinion.

Prediction: Some teams will have to play in other locations as their home base to complete the seasons. :chicken:

3 minutes ago, Matt! said:

What about the fans and season ticket holders for example  :no: 

Fans in stadiums/arenas will be the last component of every sports leagues, they'll get their refunds. :chicken:

3 hours ago, jkjk said:

I'm glad I know I can't change anyone's mind. It saves me from wasting my time trying to explain reality to people who were never going to listen.

Yes, you can! Slow and steady wins the race :thumbs_up: (or as we say here: "little by little, the bird makes its nest") Even when people don't seem to change their minds, they listen and deep inside they might change, even a little.

Have faith in humanity, we are a great species when we pull ourselves together :bounce::bounce:

41KTlyfr3oL._SX318_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

21 hours ago, Matt! said:

https://youtu.be/SpKgCOawNbU?t=97

EDIT: you guys sure like beer :laugh:

They use the trope of "drinking cops" (gendarmerie are country cops and a common cariacture is that they drink a lot). They also play a lot with their voices and the different French accent. It's a bit absurd and I love it  :nicole:

There's another one where they play FBI agents :rofl:

There are many things we don't know about the virus, but there are two things we know for certain. Many more people have contracted to virus than have tested positive for the virus, and more people have died from the virus than the official numbers depict.

The first of those two is good news and the second is bad news, but they are both true.

Probably not much sense in posting this since most people understand these facts.

13 hours ago, jkjk said:

There are many things we don't know about the virus, but there are two things we know for certain. Many more people have contracted to virus than have tested positive for the virus, and more people have died from the virus than the official numbers depict.

The first of those two is good news and the second is bad news, but they are both true.

Probably not much sense in posting this since most people understand these facts.

I agree with that assessment except we'll never know the true death toll cause hospitals are inflating their death toll numbers of Coronavirus deaths due to the CARES Act where they get funding for every death and I also think a lot of people died at home. The latter is suspect though. :idk:

2 minutes ago, Stromboli1 said:

I agree with that assessment except we'll never know the true death toll cause hospitals are inflating their death toll numbers of Coronavirus deaths due to the CARES Act where they get funding for every death and I also think a lot of people died at home. The latter is suspect though. :idk:

I think I posted that after I read an article on excess mortality. The number of deaths in every country that keeps track of deaths is up significantly from normal. It's the way people who study these things estimate the number of deaths from any abnormal event (disaster, disease, etc.).

Even after adjusting for people dying at home and less people being out, like driving, the only explanation for the increase is the virus. The actual amount the official numbers are low varies from country to country and even within countries, but the official numbers are low everywhere they have looked. In some places it may only be 5-10% low, but in some it 50% or more low.

The numbers from Spain, Italy, and Indonesia showed a huge increase in deaths, even more than the already high reported numbers. It's interesting to see how the experts figure out these complicated things.

3 minutes ago, jkjk said:

I think I posted that after I read an article on excess mortality. The number of deaths in every country that keeps track of deaths is up significantly from normal. It's the way people who study these things estimate the number of deaths from any abnormal event (disaster, disease, etc.).

Even after adjusting for people dying at home and less people being out, like driving, the only explanation for the increase is the virus. The actual amount the official numbers are low varies from country to country and even within countries, but the official numbers are low everywhere they have looked. In some places it may only be 5-10% low, but in some it 50% or more low.

The numbers from Spain, Italy, and Indonesia showed a huge increase in deaths, even more than the already high reported numbers. It's interesting to see how the experts figure out these complicated things.

I know the suicide rate went up a lot during the lockdown besides the people dying from heart issues, cancer, etc that would normally be able to get treatments.

From the studies I've seen 75 and up were the most affected age group with the Coronavirus. I really do think the population density played a huge factor in infections and deaths, but there are other factors that I'm not considering and I'm not a scientist or health expert. The second wave could come back and kick our asses due to the virus mutating.

Yeah it's really hard to sift through all the bullshit to get the official death tolls.

4 minutes ago, Stromboli1 said:

The second wave could come back and kick our asses due to the virus mutating.

There are so many reasons the second wave could be worse.

A number of northern hemisphere countries need the break that could come from the hot weather, the virus won't go away, but even a slight reduction in spread would help. It's hard to be sure if that will happen. The virus spread in the southern hemisphere during summer, but it's spreading more now that it's cooler. I don't know if anyone can be sure if the temperature had anything to do with the change.

The downside would be that people think it's over and when the cold weather returns things get bad quickly. I'm not sure you even need mutation for that to happen, but mutation would be worse.