Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

Philadelphia crowd TAUNTS police as six officers are shot and two held hostage by AK-47 gunman before he surrenders when SWAT team fires tear gas to end stand off.

" Here's what the cops should do: Pack up, go home to your family, and let the shooter kill everyone in the neighborhood. They RISKED Their LIVES to save these citizens, and this is the thanks they get. "  <-- Accurate

Well wishes to the police and their families :(

50 minutes ago, Prettyphile said:

Philadelphia crowd TAUNTS police as six officers are shot and two held hostage by AK-47 gunman before he surrenders when SWAT team fires tear gas to end stand off.

" Here's what the cops should do: Pack up, go home to your family, and let the shooter kill everyone in the neighborhood. They RISKED Their LIVES to save these citizens, and this is the thanks they get. "  <-- Accurate

The American media should vilify police officers more. Police always get negative press, but rarely do they get positive support.

2 hours ago, Stromboli1 said:

The American media should vilify police officers more. Police always get negative press, but rarely do they get positive support.

Very often (not always though), journalists live in cosy and affluent areas in which the biggest threat they face is someone that disagrees with them (in which case they call it "a haaaate criiime" :rofl:)

Because they live in ivory towers, these journalists don't really know what reality is and they look at facts with a huge selection bias. That's why they invent conspiracy theories like "patriarchy" or "da scary russians are everywhere..." :rolleyes:

In our democracies, the police keeps the peace and protect the most underprivileged citizens. We should thank them everyday.:heythere:

32 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

Very often (not always though), journalists live in cosy and affluent areas in which the biggest threat they face is someone that disagrees with them (in which case they call it "a haaaate criiime" :rofl:)

Because they live in ivory towers, these journalists don't really know what reality is and they look at facts with a huge selection bias. That's why they invent conspiracy theories like "patriarchy" or "da scary russians are everywhere..." :rolleyes:

In our democracies, the police keeps the peace and protect the most underprivileged citizens. We should thank them everyday.:heythere:

The media is dying and their type of journalism uses click bait instead of facts which propagates divisiveness and fuels outrage.

Changing tacks for a moment...

Well that can explain some of the weight loss and toning. I still stand firm on the PS opinion. If it was done with cool sculpting, great. But don’t pass it off as “I lost x amount of weight through diet and exercise”. I’m happy that y’all are getting healthier and all that, honest and for true. :D

At least be honest if you had some outside help! How about saying it this way or similar; “I lost x amount of weight with diet changes, increased my exercise amount at the gym with a personal trainer, and I had some extra help at the doctor’s office/med spa with cool sculpting or liposuction.” 

Is it too much to ask for a bit more transparency? Please? :)

Oh wait, I’m in the social media hell we put ourselves in about 15 years ago! :banghead:

7 hours ago, Prettyphile said:

Same. 

6 hours ago, Stromboli1 said:

Police always get negative press, but rarely do they get positive support.

Sad but true. Violence sells more that the truth or feel good stories.

4 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

Because they live in ivory towers, these journalists don't really know what reality is and they look at facts with a huge selection bias. That's why they invent conspiracy theories like

Journalists aren’t what they used to be. Even the tv ones are coming up with click baiting to keep their viewers. And everyone who has a cell phone are taking self movies and uploading them with the hope of becoming viral and getting likes and subscribers.

I also agree with you about the police. Too many times they become victims themselves.

3 hours ago, Stromboli1 said:

The media is dying and their type of journalism uses click bait instead of facts which propagates divisiveness and fuels outrage.

See above. I said pretty much the same thing. :thumbsup:

Pure idiocy! :laugh:

NY univ. promotes paper comparing cow insemination to 'rape,' milking cows to 'sexual abuse'

Celine Ryan Investigative Reporter
@celinedryan on Aug 15, 2019 at 10:16 AM EDT

• A journal published by a New York university Gender Studies department recently put out a paper meant to call attention to the “sexual exploitation” of dairy cows.
  • The author argues that in order to be a true advocate for feminism, one must consider the commodification of a dairy cow's reproductive rights.

A paper currently being promoted by a New York university calls on society to consider the rampant “sexual exploitation” of dairy cows by the milk industry in order to “fully fight gendered oppression.” 

Specifically, the author compares cattle insemination to "rape" and the milking of cows to "sexual abuse." 

Titled “Readying the Rape Rack: Feminism and the Exploitation of Non-Human Reproductive Systems,” the paper was published Friday in a journal called Dissenting Voices, which is published and edited by the Women’s and Gender Studies program at the College at Brockport State University of New York.

The published piece aims at discussing the “sexual exploitation of non-human bodies, specifically dairy cows.” The author notes that “as a vegan and animal rights activist,” she feels compelled to reveal the “feminist aspects of animal agriculture,” a topic she says is unfortunately “under-researched,” but is nonetheless important because “the same way women’s health has been at  stake for years, a dairy cow’s reproductive system has been poked and prodded.”

According to the publication, “the dairy industry is a host for sex-based discrimination,” and a “site where sexual assault and objectification based on biological makeup are highly prevalent but ignored as we choose to neglect non- humans with whom we share a planet.”

The paper argues that “in order to fully fight gendered oppression,” society must also address the plight of dairy cows, which it asserts are “still subjects to sex-based discrimination and violence,” despite their voices being “not always lifted or comprehensible.”

The piece begins by first attacking the widely contested notion that cow’s milk is even at all beneficial for humans, pointing to the government-funded “Got Milk?” campaign and the questionable motivations behind it.

But author Mackenzie April, an intern for Brockport's Women's Studies Department, goes further than the assertion that milk is bad for humans, by claiming that the practice of dairy farming “also supports and exemplifies the degrading way in which we treat female bodies and reproductive health,” adding that she hopes the publication will inspire feminists and other “social justice”-minded individuals to “incorporate non-human bodies into their own feminist perspectives.”

“If we are going to argue fairly for the rights of all beings in a world soured with sex and gender-based oppression, then dairy cows deserve to be taken into account when discussing issues of reproductive women’s  health,” April, who then compares barren female cattle to human women who choose not to have children, writes. 

“If women do not choose to become mothers, they are shamed. If a female cow is incapable of successfully bearing a calf, they are sent away for slaughter. Their reproductive system is useless, therefore, they, as a being, are useless,” April notes, arguing that this is indicative of a “double standard,” as civilized society would cringe at the thought of murdering women once they become infertile.

“The outdated stereotype about women being caretakers and most importantly child-bearers remains consistent in the dairy industry, especially when we take into account the means through which these animals are exploited,” April argues, pointing specifically to the insemination of cattle, which she compares to “rape,” the milking of cows, which she compares to "sexual abuse," “emotional trauma related to pregnancy,” and “nonconsensual hormone treatments.”

April encourages readers to attempt to “place the importance of animals’ lives as equal to your own,” and address the plight of dairy cows “similar to how you might validate and advocate for the struggles of women that you personally do not endure due to the privilege of race, gender, class, etc.”

Campus Reform reached out to the publication for comment, but did not receive a response in time for press.

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=13575

20 hours ago, Stromboli1 said:

Just a bunch of sophist politicians who don't believe in facts unless they support their views. Classic, but what's new is how powerful, plentiful and praised these morons are. Sometimes, they do have points, but people don't trust them anymore given how deceitful these politicians usually are.

16 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

Sad but true. Violence sells more that the truth or feel good stories.

That was the beginning of the end of mainstream media. I remember watching the news with my parents when I was a teen and mostly everything was negative.

16 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

See above. I said pretty much the same thing. :thumbsup:

It's sad, but most of the younger generations lack critical thinking skills to sift through the bullshit.

14 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

Just a bunch of sophist politicians who don't believe in facts unless they support their views. Classic, but what's new is how powerful, plentiful and praised these morons are. Sometimes, they do have points, but people don't trust them anymore given how deceitful these politicians usually are.

Warren flip flops on everything for political gain. I fully expect her to win the Democratic nomination. I thought it would've been Kamala Harris, but don't know if she can rebound after getting crushed by Tulsi Gabbard.

1 hour ago, Stromboli1 said:

Pure idiocy! :laugh:

NY univ. promotes paper comparing cow insemination to 'rape,' milking cows to 'sexual abuse'

Their madness have no bounds. The US univeristies have been contaminated by the SJW pandemic (and maybe they are its very source...) Remember the "Grievance study hoax"?  https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/people/hoax-papers-the-shoddy-absurd-and-unethical-side-of-academia-1.3655500

Anyway, we have someone better than your guys. There's famous journalist is "Anti-Speciesist" who says we should spare and save mosquitos, because "The female mosquito stings, but it is a mother who fulfills her role, it is a lady who risks her life for her children" :rofl:

https://www.lepoint.fr/societe/faut-il-tuer-les-moustiques-01-08-2019-2327963_23.php

I never thought I'd hear "intellectuals" utter such BS one day...

^ The truth is that the mosquito is a mass murderer that kills 750 000 humans per year (but I guess humans don't matter because we are a privileged species).:banghead:

It's always the same BS with "Social Justice". You are in a category and what you deserve is linked to this category. It's pure madness.

9 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

Their madness have no bounds. The US univeristies have been contaminated by the SJW pandemic (and maybe they are its very source...) Remember the "Grievance study hoax"?  https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/people/hoax-papers-the-shoddy-absurd-and-unethical-side-of-academia-1.3655500

Anyway, we have someone better than your guys. There's famous journalist is "Anti-Speciesist" who says we should spare and save mosquitos, because "The female mosquito stings, but it is a mother who fulfills her role, it is a lady who risks her life for her children" :rofl:

https://www.lepoint.fr/societe/faut-il-tuer-les-moustiques-01-08-2019-2327963_23.php

I never thought I'd hear "intellectuals" utter such BS one day...

The best part of their madness is that they get paid/funded to write this drivel.

If I was a parent I would advise to send kids to tech and trade schools. Not worth the money to have them indoctrinated into that crap besides the quality of universities has fallen in my opinion.