Bellazon

Natalia Vodianova
Thumbnail

Evelyn

from ANV:

Cannes 2008: amfAR's Cinema Against AIDS 2008 - Arrivals

MOUGINS , FRANCE - MAY 22: NV and JP arrive at amfAR's Cinema Against AIDS 2008 benefit held at Le Moulin de Mougins during the 61st International Cannes Film Festival on May 22, 2008 in Mougins, France.

post-16717-1211505620_thumb.jpg

post-16717-1211505630_thumb.jpg

post-16717-1211505648_thumb.jpg

post-16717-1211505662_thumb.jpg

post-16717-1211505672_thumb.jpg

Published: Thursday, May 22, 2008

The pouring rain didn't keep Alberta Ferretti from playing hostess to the stars of Che on Tuesday aboard her yacht Prometej. 'It wouldn't be Cannes without all these strong, modern women', she said of the cast of the four-hour-long Steven Soderbergh biopic starring Benicio Del Toro. Catalina Sandino Moreno, Franka Potente and Julia Ormond, who play the three pivotal women in the revolutionary's life, sipped Champagne and mojitos on the bobbing deck. Moreno had to dress down for her role as Che's wife, but said 'I've got no vanity about looking gritty on screen'. Fortunately she and the other guests cleaned up for the festivities, also attended by French starlets Zoé Félix and Aïssa Maïga. A gaggle of Euro socials — including Tatiana Santo Domingo, Olympia Scarry and Josephine de la Baume — also cozied up on deck, which was covered by a canvas roof. 'I'm not working here', said Santo Domingo, who is said to be 'helping out' at Vanity Fair. 'We're on holiday'.

The next day, Diane von Furstenberg invited friends Sharon Stone, Natalia Vodianova, Dita Von Teese and Vahina Giocante on her boat for lunch.

On Monday, Chopard held its annual Trophy party at the Carlton, attended by Gwyneth Paltrow, Salma Hayek and Christina Ricci. Tang Wei, dressed in Roberto Cavalli, intended to wear black to mourn the earthquake victims in China, but instead persuaded Cavalli and Ferretti to make donations to earthquake relief.

New York actor Omar Metwally, an honoree, was a bit shell-shocked by the Cannes brouhaha. 'All I wanted to do was stay in my hotel room and hide', he said, 'but I've been embracing all of it'. Stars boogied to Andy Garcia's band (which is much more popular here than at home) until the wee hours, when everyone finally headed home with silver glitter stuck to the bottom of their stilettos."

Source: Women's Wear Daily (WWD)

post-16717-1211550165_thumb.jpg