Bellazon

Natalia Vodianova
Thumbnail

Evelyn

"Browns' Treasures

04 June 2008, 11:26AM

JOHN GALLIANO, Manolo Blahnik, Matthew Williamson, Paul Smith, Stephen Jones, Daphne Guinness and Natalia Vodianova are preparing to share their most treasured trinkets with Browns.

To mark London's first ever fine jewellery week, which is sponsored by Coutts, the retailer has invited its fashion friends to contribute an item of jewellery that has a personal resonance to its new exhibition, My Most Treasured... - and tell them just why it is so important to them.

Supermodel Natalia Vodianova has donated a stunning necklace by LA-based jeweler Loree Rodkin, whose work is stocked at the store. It is a replica of one Vodianova's husband, Justin Portman, bought her to wear to the Oscars, but which was subsequently stolen in Shanghai.

'Not long ago, for the launch of Browns' new fine jewellery section, Loree proposed to Mrs B that I host the launch dinner for the new collection', she explains. 'Loree told me she was making something special for me to wear on the evening; however, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw what they had in mind - an exact copy of my long lost necklace... Something I thought I'd never see again'.

'Loree told me it was a present from her and Browns', she adds. 'A tearful reunion to say the least, and a gesture that I will never forget. One thing's for sure - something will be left under lock and key at home the next time I go to Shanghai!'.

Browns' My Most Treasured... exhibition will be open to the public from June 10 to 12 in its flagship store on South Molton Street, following a private launch party hosted by Daphne Guinness on June 9."

080604NVodianova_Necklace08_b.jpeg