Natalia Vodianova
Thumbnail

Evelyn

post-43687-1294110988_thumb.jpg

The Future is Now (Blogspot)

Sorry if repost... but she looks simply amazing! :blush:

post-43687-1294111085_thumb.jpg

ANV

Same pic, but larger file (from the site)

I don't know about you guys, but I was not very impressed by Tom Ford's SS 2011 collection. I actually had a sort of Miranda Priestley moment when I saw the video, pursing my lips and all. I've seen better Tom Ford collections before ~ this one, to put it mildly, is way bellow his capabilities as a designer. And I thought Natalia would have a bigger role in his comeback, but her appearance was more like a cameo. Major disappointment (thank you, Cavalli & Ford!). <_<

post-43687-1294111629_thumb.jpg post-43687-1294111617_thumb.jpg

Detoo's found

I don't know about you guys, but I was not very impressed by Tom Ford's SS 2011 collection. I actually had a sort of Miranda Priestley moment when I saw the video, pursing my lips and all. I've seen better Tom Ford collections before ~ this one, to put it mildly, is way bellow his capabilities as a designer. And I thought Natalia would have a bigger role in his comeback, but her appearance was more like a cameo. Major disappointment (thank you, Cavalli & Ford!). <_<

I totally agree with you... Moreover, the video of the show is quiet disappointing I think, because we don't see Natalia a lot, this vid has been made to show beyonce etc, in order to interest people and make them want to buy it... This new collection has, in my opinion, made a lot of noise because there were celebrities who walked, but not because the clothes were fabulous, or at least that's what I think. And I don't like this kind of spirit, too commercial... I would have loved to see more models, and more pics of Nati...

I totally agree with you... Moreover, the video of the show is quiet disappointing I think, because we don't see Natalia a lot, this vid has been made to show beyonce etc, in order to interest people and make them want to buy it... This new collection has, in my opinion, made a lot of noise because there were celebrities who walked, but not because the clothes were fabulous, or at least that's what I think. And I don't like this kind of spirit, too commercial... I would have loved to see more models, and more pics of Nati...

Exactly, maryna! My feeling was, Tom Ford resorted to secrecy and celebrities as a smoke screen, because his collection was not that impressive at all. Natalia Vodianova's role in his comeback should have been much greater, since she was the face for his amazing and tremendously successful collection for Gucci. That campaign shot them both to the front row. I was very disappointed when I saw the video, because it fails to recognize that. You're absolutely right, the video was made to highlight Beyonce and the other celebrities who were there to create buzz for him. Tom Ford is a very talented designer. I expected a lot more.

Oh, well... c'est la vie.

post-43687-1294181136_thumb.jpg

ANV's Photos - 2009-05-09 Natalia Vodianova & the Eurovision Song Contest

Natalia Vodianova flies to Eurovision. Photos from the blog tonych-inc.livejournal.com