Bellazon

Martha Hunt
Thumbnail

youareaprincess

Pretty harsh criticism after her first and only event, which really seems like a mini-event, in some small out-of-the-way store in Canada.  I will agree with you in that her choice of clothing was not ideal, to say the least.  However, this should not diminish all of her stellar work prior to this event, or what is to come.  She is still the "far and away" clubhouse leader for promotion in my mind, followed by Elsa Hosk (who has grown on me substantially) and Camille Rowe.

Yes i know it's harsh, but i expected much from her, i think an outfit should not make a difference. For example Candice too me looks great in everything, her face always looks perfect for me. But Martha on te other hand, at those event pics her face isn't everything too me... Plus first impressions are important imo. I just feel like she can't represent the brand VS and should keep it with shooting mainline and stuff. But you are right we should not diminish all of her previous work, so i'm really hoping at her next event that she stands out and will deliver how she should be. Too me Elsa stands above Martha for sure. For miles.

Still think you’re “jumping the gun” a bit, but, If we are looking at Martha and Elsa as the leaders of the new wave (I know I am) and we are keeping score by mimi-events only, I totally agree that Elsa has a clear edge.  But to be fair, its just one event for each of them, and so much more was posted from Elsa’s event.  I even got to really hear her speak for the first time in an interview.  However, taking into account complete bodies of work, Martha is the clear favorite in my eyes.  Lets give it more time  ;)

Find it hard to chose between Martha and Elsa as models, diffiicult, for now i still go for Elsa for her whole look. But yes you're right ;) let's give it more time indeed, hope Martha will keep blowing me away with her work and that she will absolutely shine at her next event :thumbsup:

Pretty harsh criticism after her first and only event, which really seems like a mini-event, in some small out-of-the-way store in Canada.  I will agree with you in that her choice of clothing was not ideal, to say the least.  However, this should not diminish all of her stellar work prior to this event, or what is to come.  She is still the "far and away" clubhouse leader for promotion in my mind, followed by Elsa Hosk (who has grown on me substantially) and Camille Rowe.

No offence but you just showed you have 0 knowledge of anything outside of your own area that you live in.

Toronto is the largest city in Canada and 4th largest in all of North America. This store is at the main mall in the heart of downtown Toronto AKA one of the busiest spots all year round. This is their largest store in Canada. It may be surprising that just because a place isnt in the USA doesn't mean it is small out of the way.

Don't speak about things when you dont know.

You guys are blowing this way over proportion. She looked just fine.

To me she looked just like any other VS promo event. Sure Candice is more of a bombshell but she also poses that way too. One of these days, Candice will end up breaking her spine from arching her bum way too much in the back. :rofl:

Martha did just fine.

I think Martha did just fine, especially considering this is her first ever event. These things take practice, and I agree, her social media promotion was spot on. I'm sure if you went back and looked at Candice's first event, or Ale's or Adriana's or any of the Angels, they weren't at the top of their game either. I prefer a natural smiling Martha to back arching trying to smolder Candice. Save that for set, not a store event.

No offence but you just showed you have 0 knowledge of anything outside of your own area that you live in.

Toronto is the largest city in Canada and 4th largest in all of North America. This store is at the main mall in the heart of downtown Toronto AKA one of the busiest spots all year round. This is their largest store in Canada. It may be surprising that just because a place isnt in the USA doesn't mean it is small out of the way.

Don't speak about things when you dont know.

Firstly, didn’t mean to give offense to you or your country.  Secondly, I’ll let the remarks about my intelligence slide, given that I did somewhat disregard a vs store, located in Toronto Canada.   Didn’t mean to unleash your nationalism and Canadian pride :cain:

While I do love my country and I love my state, I fully realize they are not the entire world.  So, no need for the harsh tone or rhetoric.  However, I do stand by my remark regarding it as a mini-event, as it did not involve any of the angels.  Events involving the angels or usually much larger affairs.

Lastly, just give Martha, and all of the new girls more time before making snap judgments.

I probably should have said geographical knowledge, did not mean your intelligence. That's bad wording on my part.

She just looked more like an attractive shopper then a professional model at the event. With so many girls their options are unlimited. It could take just one time for them to decide to promote other models.

I think Martha did just fine, especially considering this is her first ever event. These things take practice, and I agree, her social media promotion was spot on. I'm sure if you went back and looked at Candice's first event, or Ale's or Adriana's or any of the Angels, they weren't at the top of their game either. I prefer a natural smiling Martha to back arching trying to smolder Candice. Save that for set, not a store event.

+1 At least Martha didn't come off as a total attention whore who was trying to bend herself into the letter S.  :nicole:  I haven't actually seen videos or anything but based on just the pictures I thought she looked good. Not my choice of necklace or shoes but she looks good in teal. For her first event I wouldn't say it was a disaster. Elsa's had tons more practice so is kind of in a different ball-field. 

Toronto as small and out of the way... dear god.

Boy, this has gotten way off track.  Way too much snark and way too much bashing of a certain model, and all over nothing really.  For the record and for clarity, the store itself was described as small, and out of the way.  No mention was ever made of Toronto in particular, or of Canada in a negative light.  A store can be small, out of the way, and still be located in one of the world’s largest cities.

The fact the store was a large flagship store is a mistake I have owned, and presumedly let go.  I seriously don’t want to fight over nonsense, so lets correct course, please.

I don't find it off track at all. Discussion of Toronto is completely relevant since it's where she was doing the event, and it's also completely relevant to compare her to other models like Elsa OR Candice, especially since they're all representing the same brand, regardless of whether or not you agree with the comparisons or the opinions of the other models. 

Boy, this has gotten way off track.  Way too much snark and way too much bashing of a certain model, and all over nothing really.  For the record and for clarity, the store itself was described as small, and out of the way.  No mention was ever made of Toronto in particular, or of Canada in a negative light.  A store can be small, out of the way, and still be located in one of the world’s largest cities.

The fact the store was a large flagship store is a mistake I have owned, and presumedly let go.  I seriously don’t want to fight over nonsense, so lets correct course, please.

:rofl: Maybe next time you might want to respect others opinions and stop trying to come in and tell them otherwise on their opinion with some self righteousness :cain: In essence you started this "off track" you speak off...just saying dude.

I don't find it off track at all. Discussion of Toronto is completely relevant since it's where she was doing the event, and it's also completely relevant to compare her to other models like Elsa OR Candice, especially since they're all representing the same brand, regardless of whether or not you agree with the comparisons or the opinions of the other models. 

Its the context in which Toronto is being discussed and the way in Candice (I said it) is being discussed, which is the issue.  You have every right to your opinion, as do everyone else, but it need not be done in a manner that is snarky, and/or would cause controversy.

:rofl: Maybe next time you might want to respect others opinions and stop trying to come in and tell them otherwise on their opinion with some self righteousness :cain: In essence you started this "off track" you speak off...just saying dude.

Ah Dave, wondering when you would show up and completely miss the mark.  I respect everyone’s opinion and did not disrespect anyone’s opinion.  I didn’t tell anyone what or how to think.  

Don’t know where you got this or how you came up with it, but if you want to point the finger my way, feel free.